A little message from AK

Velium

On 12/29/2019 at 11:40 AM, ComradeMilton said:

When was AK good?  I got confused at that part.

It's known that AK had BKNPO milcom running the show for much of the war. Any alliance that emphasizes tanks beyond its limited tactical use (downdeclares, raiding) is a questionable one, especially since the landscape of the battlefield (KERCHTOG / KERCHTOG$ up, BKNPO down) made it so that AK couldn't exploit its tanks.

Edited by Inst

On 12/29/2019 at 3:05 AM, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

The alliance was supposed to be based on ancient aliens and the conspiracy theory of ancient humans from space who left pyramids and micro dyson sphere civilizations under Antarctica.

There wasn't fascism in the alliance, the whole government system was that I was the sole leader and the physical incarnation of god throughout the existence of humanity.

It had a slight homage to Highlander.

hIi7Z6y.jpg

Yeah, um, then why do you have the Black Sun?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(symbol) but colored yellow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_Nazism#Miguel_Serrano

There were a bunch of other Ancient Aliens you could have used.

More than one person from IG ended up in your alliance who had been known to have those tendencies before, too.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 3

On 12/28/2019 at 8:35 AM, durmij said:

But yeah, I'm sure Rommel was just a really nice guy who happened to be a good commander for mean old Mister Hitler.

Gonna be honest here, Rommel was a great commander and was actually anti Nazi. He just was pro German. He hated Hitler, in fact, he support the plot to kill him. Do you know anything about Rommel my good sir?

• Upvote 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

57 minutes ago, Royal Confederacy said:

Gonna be honest here, Rommel was a great commander and was actually anti Nazi. He just was pro German. He hated Hitler, in fact, he support the plot to kill him. Do you know anything about Rommel my good sir?

You are literally quoting a link detailing the Afrika Korps participation in acts of genocide. And are participating in one of the oldest and most debunked WW2 myths. Rommel was an above average tactician with no ability to comprehend strategy in any meaningful way. He's a textbook case of the Peter Principle. 

His anti-nazism was due to internal power struggles in the last months of a dying regime. Hitler crafted a political scene of pure political darwinism and it bit him in the ass. All of this is understandable from a 90 second read of a goddamn wikipedia article, but yet here I am again, explaining basic history to yet another wehraboo middle schooler debate club participant.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Royal Confederacy said:

Rommel's ~successes~ were often by sheer luck and not due to some innate genius. For instance, his foray into France earned his 7th Panzer Division the nickname of "Ghost Divison", not because ~it sounds cool~, but because he was often out of communication with his own troops and Army Group Command for extended periods of time and for advancing recklessly into enemy territory. He was incredibly lucky to not be captured or killed himself, and his division was very lucky to not be encircled and decimated.

He was not involved in any plot to assassinate Hitler, but he was implicated and forced to commit suicide in order to spare his family. His close relationship with Hitler and his position in German High Command would also imply he was incredibly aware of the atrocities being committed in death camps throughout Germany and western Poland. Yet he continued to support the war effort and was against assassinating Hitler.

Edited by Comrade Marx
Punctuation.
  • Upvote 2

On 1/1/2020 at 9:27 PM, Royal Confederacy said:

Rommel and Hitler actually got along very well. They had a bit of a symbiotic relationship going on, given that Rommel saw on Hitler an able politician that could do what was needed to be done, while Hitler saw on Rommel an able general and a self-made man, rather than someone that was just there due to birthplace. Rommel was also perfectly happy with taking advantage of this relationship (as was the case of the appointment of the 7th Panzer to him). Rommel wasn't in support of the plot (at the time, he was knocked out cold because his ride had been strafed and he got wounded as a result), and in fact, when he came to learn of it, his first reaction something among the lines of "I can't fathom that anyone would want to kill the !@#$.".

23 hours ago, durmij said:

Rommel was an above average tactician with no ability to comprehend strategy in any meaningful way. He's a textbook case of the Peter Principle. 

While his reputation is overblown, to say that he's just "above average" is a bit of a disservice. And he certainly possessed, if not at least developed, a strategic grasp. This can be seen when he argued with Kesselring over the handling of the German forces in Italy, where Rommel favored a more defensive approach on northern Italy, as he foresaw a rapid collapse of the front lines otherwise (owing the materiel disparity between both sides), Kesselring favored to hold the line far, far south, with optimism that'd be more appropriate following the string of successes in 1940, rather than the chain of defeats of '42 and '43. While Kesselring was ultimately right, it was in part due to reasons that he could've certainly not foreseen (such as Clark opting to go capture Rome, rather than trap and wipe out the 10th Army following the breakthrough on Monte Cassino). Furthermore, Rommel's grasp of the disparity at a strategic level (in contrast with how other German Generals and Field Marshals saw it) also manifested on how he wished to conduct the defense on the event of the landings, with him favoring concentrating the forces closer to the frontlines in order to defeat any attempts of establishing a beach head (and minimizing the possibility of the Allies leveraging their advantages), while the general stance was to have them set in reserves in the rear lines, and then be mobilized in counter attacks. Which of course, was a problem when these were intercepted and harassed by Allied aircraft (one of the many things that Rommel had accounted for when trying to put his defensive plan in motion).

Granted, stuff such as going off to celebrate your wife's birthday on the day the landings took place (in a timeframe where aggression was to be expected) is simply too much of a foolish mistake to make for someone of his position. Then again, his superiors didn't act in a much less inept way, and the complete lack of intelligence and reconnaissance on the German part only made things much, much harder. So, while Rommel was far from a strategic mastermind (even if he wanted to believe he was one as), he was far from having virtually zero grasp on that aspect.

22 hours ago, Comrade Marx said:

Rommel's ~successes~ were often by sheer luck and not due to some innate genius. For instance, his foray into France earned his 7th Panzer Division the nickname of "Ghost Divison", not because ~it sounds cool~, but because he was often out of communication with his own troops and Army Group Command for extended periods of time and for advancing recklessly into enemy territory. He was incredibly lucky to not be captured or killed himself, and his division was very lucky to not be encircled and decimated.

While luck's certainly been at play, recognizing openings and opportunities to strike are, in fact, capacities that a shrewd commander has. You don't make it through the near-entirety of World War 1 (accounting for the times he wasn't on the front lines due to injury or refit), and much of World War 2 by just being a luck sack, especially considering how much of a daredevil he was. Less capable men would've either perished or been sacked far, far earlier than when Rommel took the pill.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

AK merged and a few quit and others went in to VM until the war is over then will join Ironfront

Congrats AK and Ironfront

30 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Not really a merge if the members can go wherever they want & there is no official push for them to join IronFront.

Who quit?

https://ibb.co/QkMgxSm

As a member of IF - I can go on record and say that we received many, not all, and a few have left since. We welcome everyone who came over and it has been great fun getting to know people that I've known more and talking to those I have only seen in passing. Whether these guys want to remain here in IF or depart to new alliances or stick with us, its up to them.

At this point, I think everyone can call it what they want. It's 2020 - please don't assume alliance statuses. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mad Max said:

https://ibb.co/QkMgxSm

As a member of IF - I can go on record and say that we received many, not all, and a few have left since. We welcome everyone who came over and it has been great fun getting to know people that I've known more and talking to those I have only seen in passing. Whether these guys want to remain here in IF or depart to new alliances or stick with us, its up to them.

At this point, I think everyone can call it what they want. It's 2020 - please don't assume alliance statuses. 

Merger will be the excuse they use when attacking you guys for violating the cowardice clause though, despite AK disbanding. lol

libertyribbon.png

On 12/31/2019 at 6:45 AM, Roquentin said:

Yeah, um, then why do you have the Black Sun?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(symbol) but colored yellow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_Nazism#Miguel_Serrano

There were a bunch of other Ancient Aliens you could have used.

More than one person from IG ended up in your alliance who had been known to have those tendencies before, too.

We never had a yellow flag. Also BoC's flag looks more like the black sun.

12 hours ago, Cypher said:

The weakest link.

I viewed this as more of a protest on not wanting to continue fighting a war who’s purpose was hijacked by goons, as well as goons plotting against their Coalition allies.

So I think they went with what they wanted over letting themselves be controlled.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

libertyribbon.png

47 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I viewed this as more of a protest on not wanting to continue fighting a war who’s purpose was hijacked by goons, as well as goons plotting against their Coalition allies.

Our coalition allies and ourselves act in concert at all times.

• Haha 1

GICjEwp.gif

2 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Our coalition allies and ourselves act in concert at all times.

When disbanding is preferable to helping hand you guys an undeserved win for a late entry... that seems like really good teamwork.

libertyribbon.png