A little message from AK

Velium

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
Just now, Tom Riddle said:

Throwing this out there: AK did not Merge with IronFront. 

most of their members and gov just randomly joined then?

8 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

most of their members and gov just randomly joined then?

Not randomly; a decent number of them who wanted to play the game still has come to us. I'm friends with a few gov members as well so they joined. If you felt like tracking AK members you'd see another decent number of them went to other alliances. In total we gained 18 members which is less then half of AK's member count. From my understanding AK members and gov no longer wanted to deal with petty BS, and wanted to join a fun loving, chill community, which happened to be IronFront.

• Upvote 1

unknown-4.jpg.f71897bddd7a86baf48c07b772ebb629.jpg

^ NO LONGER^

13 minutes ago, Tom Riddle said:

Not randomly; a decent number of them who wanted to play the game still has come to us. I'm friends with a few gov members as well so they joined. If you felt like tracking AK members you'd see another decent number of them went to other alliances. In total we gained 18 members which is less then half of AK's member count. From my understanding AK members and gov no longer wanted to deal with petty BS, and wanted to join a fun loving, chill community, which happened to be IronFront.

To clarify this, this is false. AKs remaining membership about a week and a half ago was 28 members iirc. You absorbed roughly half and more than half of the active players.

Good luck either way, just trying to be objective here.

Queen of Chaos

37 minutes ago, Jazz R Oppenheimer said:

To clarify this, this is false. AKs remaining membership about a week and a half ago was 28 members iirc. 

Thanks for being objective, I'm trying to clarify that there isn't a master plan we just want to hangout and play a game together. Last I had seen it it was at 41 members so my mistake if I was incorrect.

unknown-4.jpg.f71897bddd7a86baf48c07b772ebb629.jpg

^ NO LONGER^

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 hour ago, Tom Riddle said:

1 hour ago, Jazz R Oppenheimer said:

To clarify this, this is false. AKs remaining membership about a week and a half ago was 28 members iirc. You absorbed roughly half and more than half of the active players.

32 minutes ago, Tom Riddle said:

Thanks for being objective, I'm trying to clarify that there isn't a master plan we just want to hangout and play a game together. Last I had seen it it was at 41 members so my mistake if I was incorrect.

Well I just saw that IF jumped what 41k NS from 46k ns within one day and almost doubled your member count, if not mistaken like 25 people was active in AK

2 hours ago, Tom Riddle said:

*Tells people the truth and that there wasn't a merger* *People still think there was a merger* *sigh*

Does it matter whether it's merger or not ? Not sure why you don't like people calling it a merger .

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Thankfully Communism is consigned to the scrapheap of history where it rightfully belongs despite the lamentations of its meager crew of brainwashed Idiots. 

Misplaced hate makes disgrace the races.

-Tupac Shakur

-SAXON-

-Warband Leader of the Nordic Sea Raiders-

Niflheimr%20riki.png

20 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Celebrating the demise of a coalition partner of yours.... Nice mate totally a good look, not like you lot are concerned with PR anyway.

Nothing strange about it, they picked a theme of a unit which was entirely clean of any war crimes in an army which was clearly Anti-Communist to its core. Drawing comparisons between Anti-Communist forces in WW2 and present day political movements through Europe and the US is at best an attempt to slander said groups or at worse distortion of history. Thankfully Communism is consigned to the scrapheap of history where it rightfully belongs despite the lamentations of its meager crew of brainwashed Idiots.

But yeah, I'm sure Rommel was just a really nice guy who happened to be a good commander for mean old Mister Hitler.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Best of luck to the parties involved. It's sad to see you guys fold, but, for those that went to IF, I hope you enjoy the respite from the mess that PnW has become. You've certainly found a good place.

17 hours ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

Clearly AK merged with IronFront

It's hardly a merger if just over half the members move over and no gov positions are shared. As clearly outlined by the involved parties, it simply wasn't that.

image.png?ex=65f5ad0b&is=65e3380b&hm=0a640d0767cb6936d92567608b47cf3887ad83c117a24672a3d863cd0ce3a642&

The topic at question is the Apex cowardice clause. AK disbanding, first, provides a level of protection against the cowardice clause as AK didn't exit the war, it simply ceased to exist.

However, BK can still spin AK as having abandoned its allies in wartime by merging into IF.

But officially speaking, or in a "de jure" sense, AK didn't merge into IF, despite having more than half its members join IF. That means that AK didn't trigger the cowardice clause in any way. Or this is how IF would spin it.

But of course, this is all up in the air as to how people want to do it. On a strategic basis, the current KERCHTOG$ - BKNPO balance is roughly 2.3mn vs 2mn, and that's including TCW. If BKNPO were to turn on its protectorate, TCW would promptly join KERCHTOG$ and the balance would become roughly 2.9mn vs 1.4mn / 1.7mn (I forget my precise counts and don't want to boot up the spreadsheet).

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Nothing strange about it, they picked a theme of a unit which was entirely clean of any war crimes in an army which was clearly Anti-Communist to its core. Drawing comparisons between Anti-Communist forces in WW2 and present day political movements through Europe and the US is at best an attempt to slander said groups or at worse distortion of history. Thankfully Communism is consigned to the scrapheap of history where it rightfully belongs despite the lamentations of its meager crew of brainwashed Idiots. 

This is trying to have your cake and eat it too.  If the "anti-communist" aspect of the cause Afrika Korps fought for is relevant so is the Nazism and genocidal racism.  And the Afrika Korps primarily fought the British and the Americans, not communists.

• Upvote 3
GnWq7CW.png

20 hours ago, Sphinx said:

The Afrika Korps was definitely not "anti-communist" or fought the Soviets in any serious battle in Northern Africa. It fought the British Empire, the legacy of which even today was he fought versus the colonial armies (Indians especially). The AK for all of its "clean" image, was always an army that fought for the NAZIS, led by someone who was close to Hitler, and who at best was the hero celebrated by that Government till his eventual falling out over his alleged support for the July 20th plot. Revising history here doesn't do any good to somehow clean AK's image within this game. 

Khai/Skae and others weren't NAZIs and AK at large had no such connotation, since to me they were hardcore weaboos (same2same), from Entitei Ropurei and have always been consistent with the said themes. AK may have been a lightning rod to distasteful characters who'd see the theme and try to co-opt their views into AK, but were rightfully dealt with when brought up. Trying to use historical revisionism to okay the existence of the theme does a greater disservice to players who seemed more interested in the Girls und Panzer anime, than attempting any historical revisionism. 

The Afrika Korps will always be tainted for the country/system they fought for and were supported by and no amount of bleach/white-wash can get rid of that stain. Girls und Panzer/Weaboos on the other hand and players who have no interest in the name apart from an anime is a different ball-game to an extent, so attempting to connect the two, is a disservice to Khai/Skae and others here imho. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Like Shifty had Hyperborea to troll and see if he could get away with the invocation of estoeric Nazism but the type of people who surrounded him did have the real beliefs even if it's doubtful that Shifty himself is a believer in fascism in the real world, he was still doing stuff that caused him to be in that orbit. 

The alliance was supposed to be based on ancient aliens and the conspiracy theory of ancient humans from space who left pyramids and micro dyson sphere civilizations under Antarctica.

There wasn't fascism in the alliance, the whole government system was that I was the sole leader and the physical incarnation of god throughout the existence of humanity.

It had a slight homage to Highlander.

hIi7Z6y.jpg

• Haha 1