Increase military cap per improvement.

Otto Von Bismarck II

Simple and would be very easy to implement. Would increase the cost of war and would (hopefully) force wars to be shorter. I have no idea what correct balancing would be, below is just an idea.

Sample 

3,000 soldiers per barrack to 5,000

250 tanks per factory to 400

18 planes per hangar to 24

5 ships per dry dock to 8

Edited by Otto Von Bismarck II
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prefontaine said:

Or, simply increase the cost of units -- which has been recently discussed. 

Not as fun

1 minute ago, Prefontaine said:

Or, simply increase the cost of units -- which has been recently discussed. 

doesn’t increase the use of gasoline/ munitions

33 minutes ago, Otto Von Bismarck II said:

Not as fun

doesn’t increase the use of gasoline/ munitions

Not as fun? Doesn't require a balance change for unit calculations though thus making it a far better idea. Gas/ammo costs can also simply be increased per unit as well. 

scSqPGJ.gif

12 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Not as fun? Doesn't require a balance change for unit calculations though thus making it a far better idea. Gas/ammo costs can also simply be increased per unit as well. 

A balance change that would take 20 mins to calculate?

5 hours ago, Otto Von Bismarck II said:

A balance change that would take 20 mins to calculate?

Good thing you put that much though/effort into your OP then. You also didn't take into account the units produced per day limits, how that would impact it, things like Propaganda Bureau would also be impacted because more units being produced means more units that project can be made. You gave no effort of an idea, posted it in the discord asking for upvotes. Forgive me for not lavishing you with praise.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

none of this can happen unless IQ approve of it as it seems they are the only ones capable of getting something done.

But cost of war should be much higher and it should be a lot more realistic, not a hard thing to do tbh, such as more infra someone has the more damage they tag so it should cost more to do so, the more land someone has the more gas it should cost to to attack and so on, but these changes will never happen, so we have to simply just live with the IQ plane only wars from now on.

42 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Good thing you put that much though/effort into your OP then. You also didn't take into account the units produced per day limits, how that would impact it, things like Propaganda Bureau would also be impacted because more units being produced means more units that project can be made. You gave no effort of an idea, posted it in the discord asking for upvotes. Forgive me for not lavishing you with praise.  

I didn’t know ideas posted here had to be completely hashed out, forgive me for making a suggestion. I’m sorry i didn’t go through every potential balance needed when i posted here. I didn’t know it was common for ideas to be completely balanced and perfect when posted. Next time I make a suggestion I’ll make sure to write out the code for Alex. Daily production would not have to be changed from the normal 33% 20% and 16%, and propaganda bureau bonus could remain the same as before. Thanks 

14 minutes ago, Otto Von Bismarck II said:

I didn’t know ideas posted here had to be completely hashed out, forgive me for making a suggestion. I’m sorry i didn’t go through every potential balance needed when i posted here. I didn’t know it was common for ideas to be completely balanced and perfect when posted. Next time I make a suggestion I’ll make sure to write out the code for Alex. Daily production would not have to be changed from the normal 33% 20% and 16%, and propaganda bureau bonus could remain the same as before. Thanks 

Or, instead of changing multiple things to fix one "issue", the costs of the units production and use can be increased. You know, the better option which has already been discussed. 

• Thanks 1

scSqPGJ.gif

2 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Or, instead of changing multiple things to fix one "issue", the costs of the units production and use can be increased. You know, the better option which has already been discussed. 

You would not need to change anything really. Balance would remain in tact depending on what ya make the cap per improvement, once that’s figured out it’s easy.