Removal of an unjust warning

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Hello @Alex

I would like for you to review this warning I got as well as being restricted from posting with the first warn.

I was warned by @Olive Penderghast for Flaming, Baiting, Trolling, or name calling for this comment, 

Now I wish to point out that it says the post was edited however nothing has changed, you can see that by the very next post where i was quoted and I recall what I said, I was not trolling I was replying to a comment above, I did not flame anyone or troll anyone, nor did i name call anyone. So why did I get a warn for nothing?

More to the point EVEN if it was "trolling" at most, how would that justifies a restriction from posting for my first offence? for this so called reasoning? Seems some of your mods are abusing their power in order to promote col B

5 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Hello @Alex

I would like for you to review this warning I got as well as being restricted from posting with the first warn.

I was warned by @Olive Penderghast for Flaming, Baiting, Trolling, or name calling for this comment, 

Now I wish to point out that it says the post was edited however nothing has changed, you can see that by the very next post where i was quoted and I recall what I said, I was not trolling I was replying to a comment above, I did not flame anyone or troll anyone, nor did i name call anyone. So why did I get a warn for nothing?

More to the point EVEN if it was "trolling" at most, how would that justifies a restriction from posting for my first offence? for this so called reasoning? Seems some of your mods are abusing their power in order to promote col B

REMINDER:

This is an open discussion forum.  It's purpose is for players to ask questions or make proposals relating to policy and rules ONLY.  This forum is not for filing reports, making complaints, discussion of game mechanics, or making suggestions pertaining to the game.  There are established forums for each of those issues. 

All threads created here, and replies, should remain respectful to staff and other players.  Using this forum for anything other than the purpose explicitly stated will result in warns, leading up to suspension.

NOW:

Allow this one to be the joke-explainer.exe here. 

This was the post that you were responding to, originally:

On 12/22/2019 at 9:37 PM, Leo the Great said:

Here’s some periods, figured you probably needed some since it seems your period key is broken!

This is how you responded:  

On 12/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, Bjorn Ironside said:

guess you must be on your period

The joke in your response is that Leo the Great must be a woman experiencing menstrual cramps because they were using their period key, which is funny because ... women experiencing pain is... 

I'm sorry, but in my data banks no one has ever used the phrase "on one's period" to refer to pressing the '.' key. It would seem that your attempt at humor was actually a mildly sexist comment instead, which is why you received a warn.

• Upvote 1

Improper-Request-2.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
17 minutes ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

REMINDER:

This is an open discussion forum.  It's purpose is for players to ask questions or make proposals relating to policy and rules ONLY.  This forum is not for filing reports, making complaints, discussion of game mechanics, or making suggestions pertaining to the game.  There are established forums for each of those issues. 

All threads created here, and replies, should remain respectful to staff and other players.  Using this forum for anything other than the purpose explicitly stated will result in warns, leading up to suspension.

NOW:

Allow this one to be the joke-explainer.exe here. 

This was the post that you were responding to, originally:

This is how you responded:  

The joke in your response is that Leo the Great must be a woman experiencing menstrual cramps because they were using their period key, which is funny because ... women experiencing pain is... 

I'm sorry, but in my data banks no one has ever used the phrase "on one's period" to refer to pressing the '.' key. It would seem that your attempt at humor was actually a mildly sexist comment instead, which is why you received a warn.

not at all 

Like women, men experience hormonal shifts and changes. Every day, a man’s testosterone levels rise in the morning and fall in the evening. Testosterone levels can even vary from day to day.

Some claim that these hormonal fluctuations may cause symptoms that mimic the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), including depression, fatigue, and mood swings.

But are those monthly hormonal swings regular enough to be called a “male period”?

Yes, claims psychotherapist and author Jed Diamond, PhD. Diamond coined the term Irritable Male Syndrome (IMS) in his book of the same name, to describe these hormonal fluctuations and the symptoms they cause, based on a true biological phenomenon observed in rams.

Tell me how can it be sexist if both male and females have periods, just the term used for he woman is more well known

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
5 hours ago, Chief Wiggum said:

Leaving aside the flaming part (I won't bother starting a debate on that), the specific post was also irrelevant to the main topic of the thread, and thus was under the category "thread hijacking/derailment", etc.

i replied to the remark made by another, how would that be hijacking/derailment?, sure the post i replied to would have been hijacking/derailment?, as well as flaming and trolling yet his post was not edited or nor was he warned.

Now if i was warned for hijacking/derailment I would like to know how replying to the post above mine would be seen as hijacking or derailment, but i am sure we can agree that the warn was 1) a step to far, 2) restriction from posting for my first offence even more of a step to far.

Guest John Q Listener

I not sure what evidence you are using to justify your position that the moderators are favouring one group over another (especially since I'd be willing to wager that any data would show the opposite true).

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 hours ago, John Q Listener said:

I not sure what evidence you are using to justify your position that the moderators are favouring one group over another (especially since I'd be willing to wager that any data would show the opposite true).

Another troll post that will be ignored.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

i replied to the remark made by another, how would that be hijacking/derailment?, sure the post i replied to would have been hijacking/derailment?, as well as flaming and trolling yet his post was not edited or nor was he warned.

Now if i was warned for hijacking/derailment I would like to know how replying to the post above mine would be seen as hijacking or derailment, but i am sure we can agree that the warn was 1) a step to far, 2) restriction from posting for my first offence even more of a step to far.

Golden State had a big upset today. What a surprise!

Now, you'll note that in the above, I am replying to a post in this topic. However, just because I'm replying to a post in this topic, does not mean that the post I'm replying to is on topic or that my response is on-topic. So hopefully it's apparent by example why your post had nothing to do with the topic you were responding to, and also how accusing someone of being on their period is flaming/trolling.

Quite frankly, I agree with the moderators, and I believe that I recommended the warning point myself behind the scenes (as two moderators approve all moderation actions generally, with the exception that I alone sometime unilaterally make decisions.)

• Haha 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic