Awards Are Trash - Here's my idea.

Aksel

3 hours ago, Maia said:

I don't mind have some competition with official awards. But with other unique way to choose the winners. Personally I would love to see a small group of experianced players who decide who should win this year. But with explanation why. In official votes doesn't really see it. 

It's my two cents.

wow you actually unironically want a plutocracy

8 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

Expecting alliance leaders not to vote for their groups/ somehow are unbiased is also an assumption that's bound to fail. The present system is fairer than most other since it doesn't exclude folks. 

Sure, if it wasn't a system that promoted voter apathy. The United States, somewhat paradoxically, both combats and rolls over and gets stabbed by the issue. On the one hand, the Senate makes it non-pointless for small states to and their citizens to vote and have voices. On the other, the Electoral College literally promotes apathy in all but a handful of states. 

Any system of democracy which promotes voter apathy is, by definition, a bad system. Kastor's original idea earlier wasn't a bad starting off point, as it aimed to act similarly to the House of Reps vs the Senate in the US. One is wholly based on sheer popularity while the other intentionally levels the playing field by counting states (alliances) and not people. 

It will of course still be biased as all hell and will go whatever coalition has the most alliances, with offshores and training AAs and such being excluded.

• Upvote 1

Which is why the system as this year and 2017 saw is good enough. Anything else by design is exclusionary or believed in some goodness and objective means of arriving at awards. Won’t happen. Awards are fun memey things that shouldn’t matter this much that folks spend countless hours trying to equivocate over.