Awards Are Trash - Here's my idea.

Aksel

7 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

So micros have the same weight to their votes as giant alliances? That seems like it'll be inaccurate too. I think we should just beg the people who usually run the awards to come back.

If I read it right, that's for nominations, not votes. @Mad Max, is that right?

BrOQBND.jpg

3 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

That doesn't really help address the issue, even if it's the case.

It actually does - but I mean feel free to offer your own idea, which you wont, bc you have no idea, y'all just live to troll. Its ok - enjoy your Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ComradeMilton said:

So a one-personal alliance's vote has he same weight as TKR's?  And that fixes something?  My idea is as it's been done before this year's abortion because it worked.  sweet bitterness, there Max.

Not a vote, a series of nominations. Then everyone votes on the nominations. He's going for more measured poll options and keeping popular votes, if I understand him right.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

12 minutes ago, Princess Adrienne said:

If I read it right, that's for nominations, not votes. @Mad Max, is that right?

The idea would be to have the community produce ideas for categories right? Its a community award.

>community offers ideas on categories (can keep the split of player/community if you'd like)
>community votes on those ideas
>top x amount categories become usable for noms.
>cats go to singular alliances for noms (alliances that are real, not offshores, training alliances, etc - actual core alliances)
>rep from that alliance will deliver that card to the thread - not to me personally bc I want Alliance noms to remain in the public view.
>rep says 'i'm from IRONFRONT here's our noms' (everyone does that shit so I know what alliance you're repping)
>as for rules, prob should be a gov member to be sure its a proper rep and not some comrademilton type person coming in and fricking shit up. Prob should have a rule that says I'll confirm with the alliance leadership that this is your rep.
>once each rep drops their cat cards in by the cutoff, all nominations are counted, and voting begins right here on the forums bc I'd like to keep it as open as possible.

I dont know why I used > instead of - but i mean ok.

This system I am taking from 1st grade elementary school when we decided which was the best ice cream and cookie flavors. We took them back to our class and each class decided then produced their noms which was then voted on by the individual person in a voting booth.

Edited by Mad Max

Nah, we'll just have a normal awards system like we've had in the past. We know what categories go into it. We can pull lists for nominees or let the nominees be nominated by the players. And someone more competent will run them.

• Thanks 1

GICjEwp.gif

2 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Nah, we'll just have a normal awards system like we've had in the past. We know what categories go into it. We can pull lists for nominees or let the nominees be nominated by the players. And someone more competent will run them.

So we complain about the awards system - a fair system comes into play where the community decides everything - but we still lean back on the awards that peopel continue to complain about. MAKES SENSE! 

You do realize in my idea - and I'm not sure if I need to like drop down a few pegs to explain it better, If I do please let me know - but the community decides the nomination categories. I'd likely see the same types + the additional (see micchan ideas) that actually are relatable  to the game. Plus dropping some of those ones that nobody actually gives a shit about. The nominations for these would go back to alliances to actually rally around something meaningful vs your argument of complaining about TKR getting all the nominations or say GOONS for example.

Nomination voting is then open to the public with people nominated by the public outside of yanking on your own dick for awards.

Also, see OP - I could give 2 shits about the awards they are a circle jerk every year this year they just don't have kastor doing shady shit like he always wants. This is an idea to stir the pot, I am sorry I ruined your Christmas.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

So we complain about the awards system - a fair system comes into play where the community decides everything - but we still lean back on the awards that peopel continue to complain about. MAKES SENSE!

You do realize in my idea - and I'm not sure if I need to like drop down a few pegs to explain it better, If I do please let me know - but the community decides the nomination categories.

Also, see OP - I could give 2 shits about the awards they are a circle jerk every year this year they just don't have kastor doing shady shit like he always wants. This is an idea to stir the pot, I am sorry I ruined your Christmas.

So.... 1. This has produced an epic amount of complaints in comparison to previous Kastor-run systems.

2.  The categories listed are the same as those used earlier.

3.  You really seem to care. You're posting and responding like someone about to get voted out of Survivor.

4. You're irrelevant to my Christmas.  You're trying to be condescending because my argument makes sense and yours doesn't.

• Haha 1

GICjEwp.gif

1 minute ago, ComradeMilton said:

So.... 1. This has produced an epic amount of complaints in comparison to previous Kastor-run systems.

2.  The categories listed are the same as those used earlier.

3.  You really seem to care. You're posting and responding like someone about to get voted out of Survivor.

4. You're irrelevant to my Christmas.  You're trying to be condescending because my argument makes sense and yours doesn't.

I'm sorry you're sad. 

Just now, ComradeMilton said:

I care about this year's awards just as much as any other.  I don't even like Kastor and can admit he was immeasurably better than this year's.

k

I have a better idea, let's go with the democratic vote and allow one person, one vote.

If you think democracy is unfair, welcome to the reason we're communists.

Any attempt to disenfranchise the people's vote will be met with revolt.

Edited by Leonard J Crabs
  • Upvote 1

I don't mind have some competition with official awards. But with other unique way to choose the winners. Personally I would love to see a small group of experianced players who decide who should win this year. But with explanation why. In official votes doesn't really see it. 

It's my two cents.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

9 hours ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

I have a better idea, let's go with the democratic vote and allow one person, one vote.

If you think democracy is unfair, welcome to the reason we're communists.

Any attempt to disenfranchise the people's vote will be met with revolt.

This makes 0 sense. but thank you for participating.