Abusing VM as a tool to avoid wars

Tiberius

Nation Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=89681

Ruler Name: Bjorn Ironside

Nature of Violation: Using Vacation Mode as a tool to avoid wars.

---

As per the game rules: 

Vacation ModeVacation Mode is a feature allowing you to preserve your nation during periods of time while you are away. Entering Vacation Mode will prevent you from executing attacks in any ongoing wars, and prevent you from doing most game activities while your nation is in Vacation Mode. Vacation Mode has a minimum period of 14 days. Once in Vacation Mode, you will not be allowed to leave early. Vacation Mode is not intended for use as a tool to avoid fighting wars.

---

The Nation in question has been active during their VM period, has goaded people into attacking him and upon VM expiration has entered VM again. Therefore it is my belief the above Nation is using VM as a tool to avoid fighting wars.

Supporting Evidence of activity during VM and goading: See 

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/profile/9352-bjorn-ironside/content/

Also,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators

It's not against the rules to use Vacation Mode to avoid wars. I don't know why you left out the next sentence in the rules that makes that very clear:

However, using Vacation Mode for any reason, with the exception of protecting alliance bank funds, but including to avoid wars, is not against the rules.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

As this is about me, I would like to point that BK has no one in range to hit me, so not sure what war I am avoiding? 

19 hours ago, Alex said:

It's not against the rules to use Vacation Mode to avoid wars. I don't know why you left out the next sentence in the rules that makes that very clear:

Then what is the point of adding "It is not intended for use as a tool to avoid wars"? 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Then what is the point of adding "It is not intended for use as a tool to avoid wars"? 

Well, that's not the intention. The intention is to allow people to preserve their nations when they're legitimately away.

Throwing that in there discourages people from using it simply as a tool to avoid wars, but it's also explicitly stated in the rules that doing so isn't against the rules.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic