FIX the game rules

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

For to long have we had to suffer at the vagueness of these so called game rules that can be twisted and changed at a whim depending on Alex relation to the person who is reporting someone.

A few months ago I withdraw my personal wealth and resources from BK's offshore, then built cities and some other things spending well over 8 billion and went in to VM as BK cried about me leaving the war and had two people hit me, NOW Alex states entering VM with an alliance bank is against the rules however what I had on me was my personal wealth and my own WC, but Alex claims any cash or rrs withdrawn from a bank do not belong to that nation however to the alliance bank therefore entering peace mode at any time after taking any aid or resources from a bank means you are in volition of this rule. YEAH I AGREE ITS DUMB.

Then in the last few weeks I had some irl issues to deal with and was gone for 8 days, I knew BK was begging people to hit me so i entered VM as i was away, yes i was away didnt log on was not able too, then when i returned i find ALEX strikes again for Col B by removing 20% of all the funds within my alliance as I am a solo member within an alliance claiming i was protecting an alliance bank.

I personally think Alex needs to make the rules more clear, or to simply stop bank looting so people can go on vacation away from this "Game" without having to place all their cash in to an alliance bank that can be looted/stolen, or leave on their nation under protected when they are away.

On 12/19/2019 at 3:49 PM, Bjorn Ironside said:

For to long have we had to suffer at the vagueness of these so called game rules that can be twisted and changed at a whim depending on Alex relation to the person who is reporting someone.

A few months ago I withdraw my personal wealth and resources from BK's offshore, then built cities and some other things spending well over 8 billion and went in to VM as BK cried about me leaving the war and had two people hit me, NOW Alex states entering VM with an alliance bank is against the rules however what I had on me was my personal wealth and my own WC, but Alex claims any cash or rrs withdrawn from a bank do not belong to that nation however to the alliance bank therefore entering peace mode at any time after taking any aid or resources from a bank means you are in volition of this rule. YEAH I AGREE ITS DUMB.

Then in the last few weeks I had some irl issues to deal with and was gone for 8 days, I knew BK was begging people to hit me so i entered VM as i was away, yes i was away didnt log on was not able too, then when i returned i find ALEX strikes again for Col B by removing 20% of all the funds within my alliance as I am a solo member within an alliance claiming i was protecting an alliance bank.

I personally think Alex needs to make the rules more clear, or to simply stop bank looting so people can go on vacation away from this "Game" without having to place all their cash in to an alliance bank that can be looted/stolen, or leave on their nation under protected when they are away.

So you were in your own alliance holding a huge amount of resources and cash and then went into VM?  That's a violation of the rule and you received the lesser penalty given for it. It's been a rule for years.

• Like 3

GICjEwp.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
39 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

So you were in your own alliance holding a huge amount of resources and cash and then went into VM?  That's a violation of the rule and you received the lesser penalty given for it. It's been a rule for years.

I can tell you are in goons with such dumb remarks, the fact I'm rich and have billions means nothing ITS not an alliance bank, the fact 50m is a lot for you i can understand how you feel when one person has over 27 billion as someone hold an alliance bank but that was not the case, so how can one violate rules, there's no rules about entering VM with your own personal wealth.

If someone is in a sole alliance. And that alliance isn't an offshore bank. Then there shouldn't be a problem with them going into vmode as long as its there own funds. I think that makes sense. I think what could help here is if every alliance had a public ledger of alliance to alliance transactions.  We already have ledgers for every other transaction. I think having one just makes sense. It would clearly show that the funds were your own.

The current system exists because it's easy to enforce, if an alliance bank sends a large amount of funds to a nation and that nation then VM's to make the funds unassailable then that's bank hiding in VM. Your suggestion would create more issues than it would solve if anybody could VM with 20bn and say it was their personal wealth. What this boils down to is that you want Alex to get rid of that simple structure in favor of a byzantine system of trying to sleuth out which exact nation the funds belong to because your individual situation would benefit from it.

That's ridiculous, just offshore your money like a normal person.

8 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

I can tell you are in goons with such dumb remarks, the fact I'm rich and have billions means nothing ITS not an alliance bank, the fact 50m is a lot for you i can understand how you feel when one person has over 27 billion as someone hold an alliance bank but that was not the case, so how can one violate rules, there's no rules about entering VM with your own personal wealth.

Interestingly you don't address that the rules were enforced just as they were written.  You're a new nation, though, maybe that's why you either don't know or just don't like the rules that've been present for years.

GICjEwp.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
56 minutes ago, Pop said:

The current system exists because it's easy to enforce, if an alliance bank sends a large amount of funds to a nation and that nation then VM's to make the funds unassailable then that's bank hiding in VM. Your suggestion would create more issues than it would solve if anybody could VM with 20bn and say it was their personal wealth. What this boils down to is that you want Alex to get rid of that simple structure in favor of a byzantine system of trying to sleuth out which exact nation the funds belong to because your individual situation would benefit from it.

That's ridiculous, just offshore your money like a normal person.

I would rather Alex just make alliance banks unlootable and place caps on how much an alliance bank can hold depending on the number of members, the rules Alex has in place are easy to enforce that's why he has written them in this way, making it easy to punish some but not others.

47 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Interestingly you don't address that the rules were enforced just as they were written.  You're a new nation, though, maybe that's why you either don't know or just don't like the rules that've been present for years.

Yes I am very new, secondly that's the point, its how the rule is written. it clearly states alliance bank funds, I have never once entered VM with any alliance bank funds

You've stated you're the only one in the alliance. So you're the alliance. You've brought money into VM and were subject to the rule. It's not a difficult rule to observe.

Edited by ComradeMilton
Kiss Rules

GICjEwp.gif

5 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

You've stated you're the only one in the alliance. So you're the alliance. You've brought money into VM and were subject to the rule. It's not a difficult rule to observe.

However let’s be honest here. The rule in this case isn’t just. It’s kind of ridiculousness to demand a player to off-shore his funds when he wants to play a solo game. As long as the funds are their own I don’t see a problem with them going into vmode. (Hence the ledger idea i presented above to ensure its their own funds)

So, it seems to me that alliances really simply need a minimum. A VM player should not be able to take the majority of resources with them. Single player alliances however are also not truly alliances at all but rather a puffed-up ego move (or matter of convenience). You should need at least two people for an alliance and whoever holds the bank should not be able to VM.

Admittedly, this does put the onus on the mods for deciding what is personal wealth and what is alliance bank but we can either trust in them or work together to find a better metric.

20 minutes ago, lightside said:

I disagree. There is nothing wrong with one person alliances. If someone wants to play the game that way then we should let them.

In which case there should be no problem disabling the alliance bank as it is one and the same as their country.