Alex you need to be more clear

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

I have read a few reports of late, one thing i have notice and i am sure many others had as well, when someone from the alliances such as KT, Rose, TGH pretty much anyone on Col A side of the war is reported you publicly state you had issued a game strike or a moderation warn, however when someone reports GOONs for the very thing they report others for all you say is "I will handle this" or "I didn't catch that tanks" where are the strikes and the warns?

1 hour ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

however when someone reports GOONs for the very thing they report others for 

Got an example?

Or is that one of those might-have-could-have-maybe-happened accusations?

To be serious, should I put you on the side with Noctum and Scarfalot or the reasonable one?

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
6 minutes ago, Ledanamis said:

Got an example?

Or is that one of those might-have-could-have-maybe-happened accusations?

To be serious, should I put you on the side with Noctum and Scarfalot or the reasonable one?

And Alex agreed there, the war reasons were bad and he probably did what he thought was appropriate. So I still don't get the accusation. Some Goons behave bad and they get noticed by the admin just like everyone else who is behaving bad.

And your original post didn't sound like congratulating Alex for equality, so I wonder if you just linked the wrong thread to me.

• Upvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
21 hours ago, Ledanamis said:

And Alex agreed there, the war reasons were bad and he probably did what he thought was appropriate. So I still don't get the accusation. Some Goons behave bad and they get noticed by the admin just like everyone else who is behaving bad.

And your original post didn't sound like congratulating Alex for equality, so I wonder if you just linked the wrong thread to me.

he nation strike a guy for putting a bad word as his reasoning for war and publicly stated he was doing so, yet when a goon member does it like ten times, Alex simple says i missed it and does nothing, but act as if you do not know its ok.

49 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

or putting a bad word as his reasoning for war

How bad was the word? More bad or less bad than penis/vagina? Because I somehow suspect that it was way worse and more deserving of that reaction.

If it was less bad, I will apologize for this assumption. And would be totally willing to discuss the finer points of Alex maintaining a punishment-database for bad words that 5 year olds use.

Edited by Ledanamis

• Administrators

I don't always write specifically what action I've taken because I'm lazy, not because I'm not issuing strikes. Whatever bias you're perceiving is not real.

I have no problem issuing anyone a strike, and believe me, I get plenty of angry DMs from GOONS members complaining about how I'm not being fair or whatever as I do everyone else.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
56 minutes ago, Ledanamis said:

How bad was the word? More bad or less bad than penis/vagina? Because I somehow suspect that it was way worse and more deserving of that reaction.

If it was less bad, I will apologize for this assumption. And would be totally willing to discuss the finer points of Alex maintaining a punishment-database for bad words that 5 year olds use.

I see someone else use words that are against the rules and you hunt them trying to force them out of the making making up ooc lies such as with Nokia, but when goons do it well people need to grow up they are only bad words for five year olds

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

I see someone else use words that are against the rules and you hunt them trying to force them out of the making making up ooc lies such as with Nokia, but when goons do it well people need to grow up they are only bad words for five year olds

You're going to have to give more specific examples for me to be able to correct you and show you that you're imagining a bias here.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

To be clear, here's data on number of moderation strikes by alliance (this is all time, not just recently.) GOONS is #1. They've been around probably the shortest amount of time compared to all of these other alliances.

Arguably, if there was a perceived bias, it would be against GOONS.

image.png

• Like 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don't always write specifically what action I've taken because I'm lazy, not because I'm not issuing strikes. Whatever bias you're perceiving is not real.

I have no problem issuing anyone a strike, and believe me, I get plenty of angry DMs from GOONS members complaining about how I'm not being fair or whatever as I do everyone else.

I tell them to chill out but folks will get angry at perceived slights, valid or invalid. I do appreciate the patience you have for this, it can't be easy.

• Administrators

And here's data on the number of strikes issued from October 1, 2019 through today:

image.png

Again, if anything, there's a perceived bias against GOONS. So I think your argument is a bit ridiculous here.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, Alex said:

You're going to have to give more specific examples for me to be able to correct you and show you that you're imagining a bias here.

So before I can even show you, you made up your mind already that its make believe, also please do not forget I have seen your bias actions when you gave Seeker details of bank to bank transactions and gave him my nation link, information you admitted was to much and you over stepped the mark, lets not forget that.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

To be clear, here's data on number of moderation strikes by alliance (this is all time, not just recently.) GOONS is #1. They've been around probably the shortest amount of time compared to all of these other alliances.

image.png

Only if you ignore how many members we have and will continue to recruit. I think that's a pretty good ratio in proportion to our size. 

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 minutes ago, Alex said:

image.png

goons 130 plus nations KT what 50, in the last week goons have reported what 5000 times been reported what 20 times?

Point being is I cannot and will not micromanage our membership. I tell them to follow the rules (and for the Grace of Holy Jesus, stop posting in NDF threads that don't directly concern them) but if they break them anyway that is on them, and they face the consequences accordingly.

• Like 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, Comrade Marx said:

Only if you ignore how many members we have and will continue to recruit. I think that's a pretty good ratio in proportion to our size. 

I have seen your little forum, on how you are recruiting people, telling them to come to pnw and kill nazis (lets point out there are none until you label them as such) and how you built a bot to control the market prices and how you are using a bot to play baseball, bring in 50 force 500 to delete didnt you have like 50 people join when you spread that ooc crap about nokia?

Just now, Bjorn Ironside said:

I have seen your little forum, on how you are recruiting people, telling them to come to pnw and kill nazis (lets point out there are none until you label them as such) and how you built a bot to control the market prices and how you are using a bot to play baseball, bring in 50 force 500 to delete didnt you have like 50 people join when you spread that ooc crap about nokia?

Our offsite forums are not relevant to PnW rules discussion. Thanks. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

goons 130 plus nations KT what 50, in the last week goons have reported what 5000 times been reported what 20 times?

Again, that's all-time data. GOONS wasn't around until recently, you're looking at 5 years of data there.

In the past 2 months, KT only got 2 strikes. You'll see that in my post above, or again here:

image.png

I think you'll find that 8/150 > 2/50.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
Just now, Comrade Marx said:

Our offsite forums are not relevant to PnW rules discussion. Thanks. 

believe it is when you use that site to damage, harass and hunt down players within pnw, what was it you said, to DNFJ, who you going to make eat dog food this time, and they replied with im saving that for methrage/Notics

• Administrators
Just now, Bjorn Ironside said:

believe it is when you use that site to damage, harass and hunt down players within pnw, what was it you said, to DNFJ, who you going to make eat dog food this time, and they replied with im saving that for methrage/Notics

That is not relevant to your original post, which is that you're accusing me of being biased in favor of GOONS.

When asked to provide specific examples, and also being presented with data which shows that if anything I am biased against GOONS, you have not come up with anything.

I don't want to waste my time arguing with you about moderation. I'd like to spend my time actually developing new content and improving the game. So unless you have something substantive to say, please let it go and let me close this topic and get to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
Just now, Alex said:

That is not relevant to your original post, which is that you're accusing me of being biased in favor of GOONS.

When asked to provide specific examples, and also being presented with data which shows that if anything I am biased against GOONS, you have not come up with anything.

I don't want to waste my time arguing with you about moderation. I'd like to spend my time actually developing new content and improving the game. So unless you have something substantive to say, please let it go and let me close this topic and get to work.

Feel free to close this topic, waiting for a new update, but you still need to make your rules clear

• Alex locked this topic