Fix Moderation as a weapon

Exar Kun -George

1 hour ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

A red armband with a white circle and a black icon inside that circle is 100% reminiscent of Nazi iconography, even without the swastika. Please choose different colors for your 'totally-not-a-Nazi' armbands in the future, or don't use images with military figures wearing armbands at all.

Obviously, you haven't heard of Parody before, I bet you'd be reporting the wiki page for being pro Nazi in that case.

IUc4bDB.png

39 minutes ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

You completely misread, Noctis Anarch Caelum. No one is getting offended over the word 'extermination.' It is literally against the rules to advocate genocide and to promote racist ideologies. Here are the steps laid out for you again.

1) Your ally was calling for the extermination of real world people and was asked nicely to to change it or delete that one specific word, 'extermination,' since advocating genocide is against the rules. He was warned that if he didn't remove that one word, he'd get in trouble with the moderators. He didn't change his nation description and he got in trouble.

2) Immediately after getting in trouble for using the word 'exterminate' in his nation description, he doubled down and in his nation description began calling for an all-caps 'EXTERMINATION' of people, people he called an 'eternal' problem to a 5-year old browser game, despite the fact that those 'eternal' people have only been in this game for less than half a year. Their hateful screed within their Nation description (now removed, check the game reports forum to read it) also was disrespectful to the moderators and to all other people playing the game. He got in trouble for the whole thing, not just one word or phrase.

3) Your ally is yet again breaking the rules via his nation description, as I pointed out earlier with my link to his nation page. Help convince them to change their nation description to something appropriate soon or it will most likely get them banned from the game.

People are going to the mods because this ally of yours continues to break the rules and gets even more indignant when they are called out and asked to alter their poor behavior.

That you got him a point before over some unrelated BS isn't relevant beyond you harassing him unnecessarily.

libertyribbon.png

1 minute ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

That you got him a point before over some unrelated BS isn't relevant beyond you harassing him unnecessarily.

Unrelated? You really aren't paying attention: it was a direct cause and effect.

Your ally was told they couldn't use the word 'exterminate' and they got in trouble for using it once, then they decided to use that word again but with even more emphasis and more vitriol, and they got in trouble for it a second time.

Now, if another report comes out against their nation, which currently has this rule-breaking content as their nation description:

"This game is run by Nazi losers. Every time you donate to this game, you support Nazism. Boycott this game until the Nazi mods are terminated."

They will probably get in trouble a third time and be banned. Who would you blame for the ban if this happens, Noctis Anarch Caelum?

Improper-Request-2.gif

As Poe's Law points out: it is often-times impossible to determine whether something is a parody or the genuine article.

Alex has made the executive decision to not have to arbitrate who's actually a Nazi sympathizer and who's actually a Nazi parody, and to just do away with all Nazi-like things in his game entirely. Personally, I think this was a wise decision and has probably saved him a lot of headaches. All Nazis can get the fudge out.

Improper-Request-2.gif

20 minutes ago, Madokami said:

@Madden8021 careful with your gif now, wouldn't want GOONs reporting you for something ridiculous as usual

Bzzt - sorry! The correct answer for the question

"Who has recently been frivolously reporting every animated .gif they can find as dangerous to people with epilepsy?"

is...

Deulos! 

But thanks for playing. Let's see what our contestant has won:

gO5eoX.gif&key=7772338d6902bf942a9969355

• Like 1

Improper-Request-2.gif

@The Meat Stop being along cowards who primarily try getting those they fight banned with BS if you want no attention brought to it & people taking a break in vacation when you guys put a handicap on them with BS mod reports. Fix your own alliance rather than be pissed what you guys do isn’t a secret.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

libertyribbon.png

2 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

@The Meat Stop being along cowards who primarily try getting those they fight banned with BS if you want no attention brought to it & people taking a break in vacation when you guys put a handicap on them with BS mod reports. Fix your own alliance rather than be pissed what you guys do isn’t a secret.

Look don't be pissy just because once again you were getting your teeth kicked in. Have you thought about may not breaking the rules like an angry toddler?

• Upvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 12/21/2019 at 11:25 AM, Unwanted said:

roger
/ˈrɒdʒə/
verb
VULGAR SLANGBRITISH
past tense: rogered; past participle: rogered
  1. (of a man) have sexual intercourse with.

wonder if you will get a warning now for your post.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
16 hours ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

You completely misread, Noctis Anarch Caelum. No one is getting offended over the word 'extermination.' It is literally against the rules to advocate genocide and to promote racist ideologies. Here are the steps laid out for you again.

1) Your ally was calling for the extermination of real world people and was asked nicely to to change it or delete that one specific word, 'extermination,' since advocating genocide is against the rules. He was warned that if he didn't remove that one word, he'd get in trouble with the moderators. He didn't change his nation description and he got in trouble.

2) Immediately after getting in trouble for using the word 'exterminate' in his nation description, he doubled down and in his nation description began calling for an all-caps 'EXTERMINATION' of people, people he called an 'eternal' problem to a 5-year old browser game, despite the fact that those 'eternal' people have only been in this game for less than half a year. Their hateful screed within their Nation description (now removed, check the game reports forum to read it) also was disrespectful to the moderators and to all other people playing the game. He got in trouble for the whole thing, not just one word or phrase.

3) Your ally is yet again breaking the rules via his nation description, as I pointed out earlier with my link to his nation page. Help convince them to change their nation description to something appropriate soon or it will most likely get them banned from the game.

People are going to the mods because this ally of yours continues to break the rules and gets even more indignant when they are called out and asked to alter their poor behavior.

So how do you sit on the rules that BK/NPO want to force as many people from Col A to delete there for calling for mass extermination, why you not complaining about that too?. instead you are moaning about a single nation calling for it, however ignore two of the biggest alliances in game supported by the most toxic being goons, who you are allied too, who are calling for a mass extermination.

you might want to get off that high horse before you fall off.

15 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:
roger
/ˈrɒdʒə/
verb
VULGAR SLANGBRITISH
past tense: rogered; past participle: rogered
  1. (of a man) have sexual intercourse with.

wonder if you will get a warning now for your post.

I'm going to report the guy called Supreme Master of Jerk off Instructions

41 minutes ago, Micchan said:

I'm going to report the guy called Supreme Master of Jerk off Instructions

There's another Supreme Master on the forums?!? How exciting. Maybe they can share tips on how to deal with all the jerk offs posting on these forums.

53 minutes ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

So how do you sit on the rules that BK/NPO want to force as many people from Col A to delete there for calling for mass extermination, why you not complaining about that too?. instead you are moaning about a single nation calling for it, however ignore two of the biggest alliances in game supported by the most toxic being goons, who you are allied too, who are calling for a mass extermination.

you might want to get off that high horse before you fall off.

The only person complaining and moaning over how Nexus was handled by the moderators is Noctis Anarch Caelum... and now you.

I don't see anyone in BK/NPO or GOONS openly calling for the extermination of actual people. Getting someone to stop playing a game out of frustration is not the same as advocating real-world genocide - I hope I never have to explain that to another human being.

• Upvote 1

Improper-Request-2.gif

20 hours ago, Madden8021 said:

It's the downward spiral since they really don't know who Emplemon is. 

I know about EmpLemon. He was promoting Gavin McInnes for a while. Don't know who Gavin McInnes is? He's the founder of the Proud Boys, a group behind several hate crimes in North America. In fact, one of their members, Brandon Vaughan, is from my neck of the woods and still on the run after missing his court date for his part in beating a Palestinian professor to a bloody pulp on camera.

Isn't knowing things fun?

• Like 2

• Administrators

I don't think this conversation is really productive anymore. I'm going to go ahead and just close it to prevent this from devolving into rule-breaking posts at each other.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic