Peace in Our Time!

Astryl

13 hours ago, Richard Payne III said:

So youd rather drag a war out that you cant win, and basically pay billions instead? Sorry, I have 50 members to worry about, not 5. I'm also not stupid.

>neglecting to note that the other side also pays billions, and more to the point doesn't get a free rebuild

>also neglecting to note that no terms can possibly be trusted at this stage of wanton betrayal

You can't lose if you don't choose to. So why would you choose to lose?

8 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

>neglecting to note that the other side also pays billions, and more to the point doesn't get a free rebuild

>also neglecting to note that no terms can possibly be trusted at this stage of wanton betrayal

Big brain

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

You really don't get the material reality of this world works do you?  Not all alliances fight at the same strength.  Strength enhances one's negotiating position, and negotiating position matters, no matter how much your side pretends otherwise.

Also yes, I'll take the wonton betrayal with extra sedition sauce, thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sardonic said:

You really don't get the material reality of this world works do you?  Not all alliances fight at the same strength.  Strength enhances one's negotiating position, and negotiating position matters, no matter how much your side pretends otherwise.

Also yes, I'll take the wonton betrayal with extra sedition sauce, thanks.

Okay, tell me then: What strength do you actually have? What possible bargaining power do you think you hold?

1 minute ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Okay, tell me then: What strength do you actually have? What possible bargaining power do you think you hold?

Did you like, not read the OP?   We defended our sovereignty with maximum force and extracted a suitable deal in reparations.  Are you legitimately arguing that there is no such thing as negotiating position?  I suppose it's to your advantage to deny reality, but don't expect anybody with more than two brain cells to rub together to go along with such a laughable farce of an idea as that.

• Upvote 3

Just now, hope said:

i feel like GOONS has shown themselves to be much more trustworthy than you’re giving them credit for @Sir Scarfalot

also ill bet you TLE had 0 ability to fight this war longer than 2-3 rounds

They're signed to NPO and Goons and have proudly admitted their complete support for both of those alliances' direct betrayals of active treaty allies. That proves unequivocally that they not merely cannot be trusted but in fact hate the idea of trust and prefer to be irredeemable shits regardless of circumstance.

TLE had if nothing else 500 million to spend on missiles/nukes.

5 minutes ago, Sardonic said:

Did you like, not read the OP?   We defended our sovereignty with maximum force and extracted a suitable deal in reparations.  Are you legitimately arguing that there is no such thing as negotiating position?  I suppose it's to your advantage to deny reality, but don't expect anybody with more than two brain cells to rub together to go along with such a laughable farce of an idea as that.

First off, you have no sovereignty to defend, as you have no capacity for rational thought nor action.

Second, what does TLE get out of the deal? They lose money and you continue raiding them. The alternative is they don't lose money, they don't rebuild, and thus they snipe at your inactives/high infra and cost you millions while losing none.

I suppose it's to your advantage to deny reality, but don't expect anyone with more than one brain cell to go along with such a laughable farce of a deal as that.

• Thanks 1

Guest John Q Listener
Just now, Sir Scarfalot said:

They're signed to NPO and Goons and have proudly admitted their complete support for both of those alliances' direct betrayals of active treaty allies. That proves unequivocally that they not merely cannot be trusted but in fact hate the idea of trust and prefer to be irredeemable shits regardless of circumstance.

First off, you have no sovereignty to defend, as you have no capacity for rational thought nor action.

Second, what does TLE get out of the deal? They lose money and you continue raiding them. The alternative is they don't lose money, they don't rebuild, and thus they snipe at your inactives/high infra and cost you millions while losing none.

I suppose it's to your advantage to deny reality, but don't expect anyone with more than one brain cell to go along with such a laughable farce of a deal as that.

I legitimately have no idea what you think you are responding to. It's like you didn't have your computer monitor switched on when you typed that.

Just now, John Q Listener said:

I legitimately have no idea what you think you are responding to. It's like you didn't have your computer monitor switched on when you typed that.

I legitimately have no idea what you think you're responding to either, but if your computer monitor isn't working and you're just typing blindly then that would explain a lot about your inane posts.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Second, what does TLE get out of the deal? They lose money and you continue raiding them.

Oh I get it now, I get it now everybody!  The reason Col A hasn't come to terms is because they legitimately do not understand that a peace treaty definitionally means a secession of hostilities!  Please, I know this is a hard pill to swallow, but you must inform the others, posthaste!

• Upvote 1

Guest John Q Listener
6 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I legitimately have no idea what you think you're responding to either, but if your computer monitor isn't working and you're just typing blindly then that would explain a lot about your inane posts.

It's been a few decades since I last heard "say what you are but what am I".

Just now, Sardonic said:

Oh I get it now, I get it now everybody!  The reason Col A hasn't come to terms is because they legitimately do not understand that a peace treaty definitionally means a secession of hostilities!  Please, I know this is a hard pill to swallow, but you must inform the others, posthaste!

Thing is, apparently you yourself legitimately don't understand that an active treaty definitionally means no hostilities. I'd suggest that you learn the concept, since you've proudly stated your support for violating treaties multiple times.

• Thanks 1

Just now, hope said:

scarf: anybody that isnt tied to people i like are LIARS and STUPID

If you're unwilling to accept that deliberately attacking an active treaty ally is a problem, then you are completely beyond conversation.

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Thing is, apparently you yourself legitimately don't understand that an active treaty definitionally means no hostilities. I'd suggest that you learn the concept, since you've proudly stated your support for violating treaties multiple times.

Uh dude, do you smell burnt toast? Seek help, you're utterly incomprehensible.  GOONS has never nor will ever violate a treaty.

Edited by Sardonic

Just now, Sardonic said:

Uh dude, do you smell burnt toast? Seek help, you're utterly incomprehensible.  GOONS has never nor will ever violate a treaty.

You've deliberately and proudly supported your allies directly attacking their allies, that shows where your actual philosophies lie. You 100% have and will violate treaties at random, not even when it actually benefits you to do so.

You are a lying, pactbreaking !@#$, and that is incontrovertible.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I dont recall GOONS ever saying they supported violating a treaty. Signing an alliance doesn't necessarily mean you support every one of their actions. In fact, GOONS has never violated a treaty and I'm sure if you actually spoke to their government they wouldn't seem as much of "irredeemable shits regardless of circumstance" as you claim them to be, but I'm sure you don't care to have actual discourse and would prefer to be a righteous forum warrior.

Also, not everyone wants to get into a long-term war of attrition over a raid and would rather shake hands, pay reps, and peace out. 

Ad hominem

IV. GOONS & Bird Weed agree to send a protectorate to TLE to avoid the possibility of future raids, while also agreeing to assist TLE through the reparations period should they request it.

VI. After reparations are paid in full a 90 day Non-Aggression Pact will remain in affect between GOONS, Bird Weed, Heaven’s Gate and TLE.

TLE is still a young alliance and I'm sure their milcom isn't the best right now due to being young and war virgins. It's easier for them to pay reps, grow, and move on rather than get in a multiple week/month war of attrition

Ad hominem again. Mature and grow up, thanks

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

You've deliberately and proudly supported your allies directly attacking their allies, that shows where your actual philosophies lie. You 100% have and will violate treaties at random, not even when it actually benefits you to do so.

You are a lying, pactbreaking !@#$, and that is incontrovertible.

I think you'll find a lot of people will controvert that, because you're spouting nonsense.  You have absolutely zero evidence for your claims, both in this world, and our incarnations in our many years of experience in previous worlds.

Stay mad though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sardonic said:

I think you'll find a lot of people will controvert that, because you're spouting nonsense.  You have absolutely zero evidence for your claims, both in this world, and our incarnations in our many years of experience in previous worlds.

Stay mad though.

no nuance allowed please, go back to the sewer u came out of evil gooner

14 hours ago, Richard Payne III said:

So youd rather drag a war out that you cant win, and basically pay billions instead? Sorry, I have 50 members to worry about, not 5. I'm also not stupid.

You're talking to Noctis here, he loves ruining everything he's ever built for the sake of making a weird anarcho-capitalist moral stand, it's his favorite thing

Edited by JT Jag
  • Like 1

sigsize_od.gif
ONE WORLD OR NONE
CyberNations veteran, Co-Pilot Emeritus
Hambassidor (Head Ambassador (Minister of Foreign Affairs)), Head of the Ministry of Log Dumping, GOONS

War is over. Come on people. (I sent this in the other forum as well).
Spread peace not toxicity.
Hope we can work co-cooperatively in the future.

M8, pls accept peace, i've sent it like 12 hours ago, thanks @Always Fear Jazz 

Edited by ChineseTakeaway

Blobs of the world, unite!

13 minutes ago, Sardonic said:

Stay mad though.

There's plenty of evidence proving that you're pactbreaking liars, in every game you've ever played. And yes I am familiar with your 'many years of experience' of being utter shits, as I've even more years of experience fighting against lying hegemonist shits just like you.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

Just now, Sir Scarfalot said:

There's plenty of evidence proving that you're pactbreaking liars, in every game you've ever played. And yes I am familiar with your 'many years of experience' of being utter shits, as I've even more years of experience fighting against lying hegemonist shits just like you.

Please list examples of GOONS betraying their allies, especially GOONS led by this same group. Hint: There isn't any.

• Upvote 2

Queen of Chaos