[Vote]How we're doing awards this year

Raphael

How would you like to see the Yearly Awards run this year?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see the Yearly Awards handled?

• The normal way - open to the public entirely
    • Delegations from the alliances so everyone has a fair shake (nominations still open to the public, but delegates will vote)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/19 at 06:59 PM

So since Kastor has bowed out, I'll run the awards.

I have two different ways we can do this and the choice is yours:

Option 1. We run the awards as typical of every other year. Nominations and voting open to the public.

Option 2. We run it with two delegates from each top 100 alliance with more than 5 members (to exclude banks).

I've opened this poll up to let the community decide which option they'd rather take. After it closes, I'll begin organizing either option.

Poll closes on Monday btw. Giving you guys the whole weekend to vote.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

Democracy is good until it doesn't work out to our favor. We clearly need a republic and representatives to strip the voting rights of the majority.

Maybe there is a reason the United States isn’t a direct democracy. Also with only Inst voting option 2 in this poll among those who aren’t goons, still a pretty close poll. So of course you guys would want the higher representation in voting.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/27331-is-the-definition-for-using-moderation-as-a-weapon-too-narrow/

libertyribbon.png

5 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I actually like the 2 delegate thing from the top 100 with at least 5 members. Maybe the rewards would mean something for once. 

And now the kiss of death to Option 2.

• Haha 1

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Maybe there is a reason the United States isn’t a direct democracy. Also with only Inst voting option 2 in this poll among those who aren’t goons, still a pretty close poll. So of course you guys would want the higher representation in voting.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/27331-is-the-definition-for-using-moderation-as-a-weapon-too-narrow/

So, its been direct democracy every year. Goons and GPWC become a thing, now there's a push to disenfranchise the majority of votes.

Please, tell me how concerned you are for the rights of the community.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beet said:

718e66313fff726e6f813429a52867af.png

For historical posterity this is the current status of this "pretty close poll" as of the time he wrote this post.

The poll I linked to is, this one isn’t & doubt it will pass. People can change their votes though, so who knows. I don’t care about the rewards much either way though.

libertyribbon.png

5 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

The poll I linked to is, this one isn’t & doubt it will pass. People can change their votes though, so who knows. I don’t care about the rewards much either way though.

You sure are concerned about disenfranchising the majority though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Prefontaine said:

Not at all. No Awards, never again.

With just a little organization, GPWC could decide the results of every reward if we don’t do the delegate thing. So wouldn’t surprise me if everyone loses motivation to do them if their ideas to give more alliances a chance fail.:P

libertyribbon.png

18 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

With just a little organization, GPWC could decide the results of every reward if we don’t do the delegate thing. So wouldn’t surprise me if everyone loses motivation to do them if their ideas to give more alliances a chance fail.:P

That wouldn't be different than how it has always been. Whichever group can muster the most people to vote controls the result.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Zoot said:

That wouldn't be different than how it has always been. Whichever group can muster the most people to vote controls the result.

There is nothing wrong with democracy and there never was. Democracy has always been the clearly best governmental system.

Edited by Leonard J Crabs

Guest PhantomThiefB
1 hour ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

13 minutes ago, Cathy said:

Whass rong wit da herd mentalty?

Opshion 1 ackshally getz da populr peeple in2 da awrds. Don wan 2 bee liek da Oscars comitee leafing all da good MOOvees out.

Sinsteerly,

Da Cowz

You are my favorite GONOS member. 10/10 would read again.

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

Not at all. No Awards, never again.

Shut up shut up shut up! You will not keep my award from me!

dxE7ZzD.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

6 minutes ago, TheNG said:

Shut up shut up shut up! You will not keep my award from me!

dxE7ZzD.png

If the awards must happen, then you will win best leader, and never win worst. If it’s the only way to get you to join the no awards side of the forc—forum then so be it. Search your feelings. You know it to be true. 

• Haha 4

scSqPGJ.gif

57 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Yeah, but maybe the possibility of one alliance controlling who wins every reward if they wanted to might make some who benefited from it previously reconsider whether the system will still work in their favor.

libertyribbon.png

40 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

There is nothing wrong with democracy and there never was. Democracy has always been the clearly best governmental system.

Rose is well aware ;)
Waiting for goons to become Democratic, it is the best governmental system after all.

8 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

Rose is well aware ;)
Waiting for goons to become Democratic, it is the best governmental system after all.

We are clearly a democratic peoples republic. We are acutely aware of democracy.

2 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

ah yes, because alex will certainly change the rules of the game and forums because of a poll made by a person so mad about their bigot friend getting banned for being a bigot that they spam the reports forum with frivolous reports, clawing for any desperate means of pathetic revenge, who made said poll because their frivolous reports kept rightly getting smacked down.

Alex is not an idiot so im not sure why you'd expect this to be the case.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1