In regards to the holidays and the war

Nokia Rokia

17 minutes ago, Neko said:

I'd like to Recommend on Christmas eve and day we have a temporary Cease Fire so everyone can relax 

Basically I say this after watching a Commercial about some product I'd never buy that had a world war 1 scene where the French and Germans stopped fighting to enjoy a break with each other 

I think that happened although i dont recall much about ww1

However it would allow a lot of people a break and some time to rest easy also it's a wonderful time to talk to enemies and friends alike

Coalition B's response: "bUt ThEn ThEy CaN rEbUiLd PlAnEs"

• Upvote 3

The Christmas truce of 1914. The war was still in its early stages so the troops on both sides, on Christmas day, across the front declared a truce. Though not all lines across the front are depicted like they were in the commercial. There was still fighting in some parts, while other parts just negotiated prisoner swaps and body collection. As the war went on, there was hardly a truce (if any) beyond that.

Any who, I don't see a ceasefire happening. 

2 hours ago, Neko said:

However it would allow a lot of people a break and some time to rest easy also..

it's a wonderful time to talk to enemies and friends alike

We've been talking a little too much, so let's not create opportunities for more talking.

P.S. That event, although it took place only in specific areas and not the whole front, is indeed inspiring.

Edited by Ripper
  • Upvote 2

If that was achievable - in totality - no shots fired - by a single nation - I'd cry on a live stream for everyone to see.

Edited by Mad Max
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

If that was achievable - in totality - no shots fired - by a single nation - I'd cry on a live stream for everyone to see.

Alright, @everyone. We're officially doing a Christmas Ceasefire. 

unknown_3_1_65.png

10 hours ago, Neko said:

I'd like to Recommend on Christmas eve and day we have a temporary Cease Fire so everyone can relax 

Basically I say this after watching a Commercial about some product I'd never buy that had a world war 1 scene where the French and Germans stopped fighting to enjoy a break with each other 

I think that happened although i dont recall much about ww1

However it would allow a lot of people a break and some time to rest easy also it's a wonderful time to talk to enemies and friends alike

Nah, we are just gonna continue rolling you instead.

3 hours ago, Avakael said:

I'm literally going to declare on some people while they're unwrapping presents IRL.

But that is Boxing Day, which does not count as one of the listed days here. So business as usual?

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

Guest PhantomThiefB
4 hours ago, Avakael said:

I'm literally going to declare on some people while they're unwrapping presents IRL.

This guy gets it.

Inb4 Avakael hits me first while I'm unwrapping presents.?

1 hour ago, Zed said:

But that is Boxing Day, which does not count as one of the listed days here. So business as usual?

There's no Boxing Day where I come from, oddly enough.

Le1AjCa.png

Guest PhantomThiefB
17 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Already planned my midnight blitz for 24/12 and 31/12

laughs nervously

I should have just kept scrolling. ?

18 hours ago, Mayor said:

Max cries all the time so it's not really a special occasion.

complaining, !@#$ing, and crying are 3 different things.

I mostly !@#$ and complain.

• Haha 1