Set Free - Question for Polaris

Eva-Beatrice

1 hour ago, Odin said:

Put CN in a bag and thrash it with some Clubs. The game is dead and so are the players inside. This game here has always been superior in every regard, and I'm sick of seeing any connections to it, and especially alliances. You can now thank me for my kind words. ? 

This game is equally broken in entirely different ways. Although there are starting to be some similarities of late.

26 minutes ago, Cobrastrike said:

I generally remain silent and allow internal matters to stay where they belong, internal, but I will make an exception here since Eva has demonstrated her constant need for attention.

I do want to however before I get into specific details lay out that on many occasions she has been thanked for assistance with Discord and graphics, and this gratitude is no strings attached. Polaris is a community though that spans multiple games and has members across the globe. As such, there are basic rules of conduct that all members, including those in positions of authority, are expected to follow.

The actions that she took against Terminator that were mentioned were not THE reason she originally had moderation permissions revoked, but it was A reason. We can debate that simple fact if you wish, but it will not change what has occurred.

Phoenix made a deal with Eva when this punitive action was taken that if she could behave that after a period of a month she would be given permissions back.

Following the passage of a month, these permissions were restored with the directive that she is to only worry about structure (channels/categories) and to leave the moderation of users to others. Within one hour of this taking place, she modified a role to add permissions to it. In the month that she had no permissions we moved to a system where moderation permissions were handled with roles specifically for said perms and not attached to other titles. In less than 24 hours after receiving moderation permissions she assigned herself the Emperor role multiple times. Not one attempt at asking for proper permissions was made. When questioned, nothing was seen as wrong in her eyes.

These events were not one-off occurrences but a pattern of abuses of power and disregard for anyone other than herself. As such, it was decided unanimously by the government of each game that expulsion was necessary and proper to rid the community of the cancer.

Wait, you kicked Eva but kept Grub? You got rid of the wrong cancer. Typical little p behavior.

• Upvote 1

On 12/9/2019 at 1:18 PM, Aero Xross said:

In regards to this post even existing where it does, this isnt soley a PnW issue if even an in game issue at all. This spread across 2 games, 2 sets of government that includes PnW Members of other AAs having decided your fate. Not just Polaris. 

Your work isnt and was never discounted or looked down on. What was was your blatant abuse of power within the server seen on more than one occasion. And you were removed from power before I joined PnW Govt again. You made a deal with our now retired Regent that if you were behaved for a month you would be restored. Within that month, you cried and begged for power and complained about what was going on in the server and didnt bother to state how you would change anything, just that you hated it. After our regent retired her last wish to us was that we grant you a second chance and we did with the rules of hey if you need anything just let Cobra know. You went as far as creating back doors on roles and changing bots so if you were ever stripped of power again you would still have power thinking we wouldnt notice. 

You then gave yourself the role of Emperor in BOTH games which is where everyone drew the line. When asked about it your answer was because of permissions it had that you needed to do one of your tasks which was accepted. The part that everyone took issue is was when you were asked why you didnt just wait for Cobra to give your role said power, your only response was "You're welcome by the way". As if you were entitled to us groveling for your help on opting in a damn channel dedicated to talking about wrestling.... 

It wasn't the fact that you were targeted or not appreciated for what you did. When you agreed to give power over to CN Emperor and Co. you knew you would have less power and have to act correctly and promptly. You did not do so. Instead you tried to do things how you wanted them despite talking to anyone for anything. So you were removed. This was not a soley Polaris PnW decision. As our other Govt for CN has members not even in PnW at all and in other PnW AAs as government. 

This post is ridiculous and should be removed. 

if Alex didnt remove downvotes. Id be interested in seeing this thread.

1. Alex checked out this thread and it wasn't taken down or moved. I know Polaris likes to censor me, especially since I've spoken out about things before. Like I said in my original post, you'll have to deal with it this time.

2. I guess moderating someone who's an ass all the time and who causes people's experiences on the server to be negative is abusing power.

3. Here's a quote from the Polaris charter:

The Emperor's Regent is second-in-command of the alliance, and any time the Emperor is away, they are the acting Emperor. In the case of an Emperor going inactive or having to leave the Alliance, the Regent immediately takes over as Emperor, and may appoint whomever they please to Regent or the Council (unless they have a prior agreement with the former Emperor).

Answer me this - when is Grub active outside of logging into the game and fighting wars these past months? As someone who's on Discord everyday, I've only seen him actually say something once every few months or so. Whatever he says is something random 99% of the time that doesn't have to do with alliance affairs at all. It seems like the rest of gov is responsible for everything. Reaching Grub was never easy, even for our own government. Sure, real life obligations are more important than the game, but the Regent acts as the voice of the Emperor whenever they're away, which was a lot. So yes, I did talk with WSxPhoenix. She's the only one who's familiar with my real-life situation, which makes speaking to her easier. As she was the voice of the Emperor and second-in-command, I didn't see a problem with talking to her.

4. I've stated over and over again how to fix the server's problems, or how to improve things to make them better. My suggestions either went unheard or got straight up denied. It felt like I had as much say as a regular member, much less a Council Adviser.

5. I wasn't the one who created "back doors" for permissions. It was someone else's genius idea to put one of the moderator roles (which I was assigned) above the Emperor roles (and every other role except Admin.) I didn't assign myself both Emperor roles, just the P&W one with the intent to set up a few opt-in channels. Prior to this, I had informed Cobra that there were several permissions I needed to complete the task which I lacked. I had gotten a couple, but certainly not all of them. While I was in the process of setting up the opt-in channels, I took the opportunity to grant the Council Adviser role the basic permissions I needed to complete my task - permissions that the Emperor role and every other government role had like Manage Emojis. When I was done, I unassigned myself the Emperor role. I'd also like to note that with the additions I made to the P&W Council Adviser role, it once again matched the CN Council Adviser role. It's very clear the only reason these permissions were missing is because it was the role I happened to have.

6. Despite trying to help complete a task to improve the server, (one that was stated repeatedly by the rest of gov to be simple yet didn't get done for months), I wasn't shown any appreciation for it, hence my reply "You're welcome, by the way."

7. I was following the server's rules up to when my moderation abilities were first taken away. I muted Terminator in accordance with the rules the server had at the time. After my mod abilities were stripped, the rules were deleted and replaced with something completely different.

8. It seems to me that ever since the server merge, CN gov members who aren't in P&W gov have been having an influence over P&W gov-related decisions. What makes it worse is the fact that several CN gov members are in completely different alliance governments in P&W.

9. Again, the post wasn't taken down. It's called free speech. Deal with it.

On 12/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, Cobrastrike said:

I generally remain silent and allow internal matters to stay where they belong, internal, but I will make an exception here since Eva has demonstrated her constant need for attention.

I do want to however before I get into specific details lay out that on many occasions she has been thanked for assistance with Discord and graphics, and this gratitude is no strings attached. Polaris is a community though that spans multiple games and has members across the globe. As such, there are basic rules of conduct that all members, including those in positions of authority, are expected to follow.

The actions that she took against Terminator that were mentioned were not THE reason she originally had moderation permissions revoked, but it was A reason. We can debate that simple fact if you wish, but it will not change what has occurred.

Phoenix made a deal with Eva when this punitive action was taken that if she could behave that after a period of a month she would be given permissions back.

Following the passage of a month, these permissions were restored with the directive that she is to only worry about structure (channels/categories) and to leave the moderation of users to others. Within one hour of this taking place, she modified a role to add permissions to it. In the month that she had no permissions we moved to a system where moderation permissions were handled with roles specifically for said perms and not attached to other titles. In less than 24 hours after receiving moderation permissions she assigned herself the Emperor role multiple times. Not one attempt at asking for proper permissions was made. When questioned, nothing was seen as wrong in her eyes.

These events were not one-off occurrences but a pattern of abuses of power and disregard for anyone other than herself. As such, it was decided unanimously by the government of each game that expulsion was necessary and proper to rid the community of the cancer.

1. No, the actions against Terminator were the reason. The thought of removing my mod abilities was circulated after I moderated him the first time, and taken away after moderating him the second time. There were no prior instances of having my mod abilities removed or threatening to have them removed.

2. The deal was made a few weeks after my mod abilities were taken, so I went without them for two months.

3. If moderation permissions were handled with specific roles as you say, then why was P&W Council Adviser the only role that lacked several permissions?

4. The only thing wrong here is the possible security risks that come with having a moderator role above every important and high-ranking government role. It's entirely possible for gov members in only one game to view the other game's gov channels, regardless of whether they're in the other game's government.

5. Apparently I'm the cancer of the server when I've had multiple people message me expressing similar feelings about Terminator.

Wkf7xkx.png

As a final note, it was confirmed that I'm now on a perma-roll list in both games over a Discord issue. This has to be the most ridiculous reason for perma-ZI I've ever seen. I've never done anything worse that would validate perma-ZI. All I did was attempt to make the alliance server a better place, and failed I guess.

Lastly, no, I didn't enter vacation mode in response to getting kicked from the alliance. I had renewed my VM several days prior due to job-related stuff IRL. The vacation mode was also approved much earlier by WSxPhoenix as Regent.

I'm hoping this issue can be over and done with. I guess it isn't enough that I'm banned from the Polaris community altogether. You guys have more important things to worry about than perma-rolling me. Just saying.

• Like 2

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

@Eva-Beatrice  Your perceived injuries are primarily self-inflicted.  You were warned of the outcome of continued behavioral issues repeatedly.  You chose to ignore that warning and do precisely as you had been told NOT to do.  It's entirely unsurprising to anyone with working cognitive ability that you were punished and not given yet another chance.

Your inability to accept discipline and act with a modicum of humility was the final straw.  Repeatedly "leaving" when you were disciplined or didn't get your way before had the effect of making your eventual departure much less unexpected, and much less unpleasant.  Hostage-taking by means of making threats or implied threats is simply childish, and is unacceptable in a cooperative workspace such as PnW alliance gov...unless you're in a true 2-week micro.

I personally am sorry to see you go.  You were a good admin, and a good organizer.  I'd have like to have seen you remain in Polaris as a resource for administrative tools and Discord management, and I'm sorry that it didn't work out in the end.  Sadly, your own choices left the combined panel of government with no options in determining your fate.  None of your initial actions were unforgivable, but your entitlement and arrogance--on the heels of repeat violations of direct orders--demonstrated that you simply could not be an effective contributing member of Polaris.

Resorting to airing your grudges in a public, one-sided story has not helped you at all.  If anything, you've simply confirmed that we made the correct choice, and our sorrow at having been pushed into that choice has been greatly ameliorated by seeing your reaction to it.  I'll remind you that I could likewise air a long list of ongoing issues with you outside of the relevant one for which your admin authority was terminated, but I don't think we have any need to stoop to that level.  We have no interest in inflicting damage to you personally.

I would suggest that you might want to recognize your own responsibility in where you are now, and perhaps consider owning that.  Seeing yourself as the victim of others doesn't lead to growth.  Your worth is not determined by being a mod, being an admin, or being in government in a web-based browser game.  Your worth is not determined by the number of upvotes you get on the OWF.  You have value because of who you are and what you can bring to the community as a friend and a kind helper to others, if you choose to do so.  We'll miss that from you.

"What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others."--Confucius

• Upvote 1

Reading this now after 2 Polaris replies, and the saying "there are two sides to every story" remains true. While I'm sorry this happened, I think you do know that you messed up big time and are posting on the forums to get validation and to "show" Polaris everyone agrees with you. 
The Polaris replies provide much more detail and insight.

It seems to me that Polaris drew a line close to Eva's feet, one that was easy to cross. They wanted to get rid of her, despite their dedication to the alliance, shady stuff ngl.

• Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

I can sympathize with what it’s like dealing with Terminator. Merging the servers was probably a terrible idea for NpO because of that. Think he’s probably bribed NpO top gov to get the kind of leeway he has to do whatever he wants. 

Good luck & hope you’re enjoying the new alliance.

libertyribbon.png

On 12/9/2019 at 3:49 PM, Buorhann said:

As leader of the Real Polaris, I don’t recall banning/kicking you?

You must be talking about the Fake Polaris.  They’re fake for a reason

Why not make a server for it? lol

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."