Is the definition for "Using moderation as a weapon" too narrow?

Madokami

Is the definition for "Using moderation as a weapon" too narrow?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Is the definition for "Using moderation as a weapon" too narrow?

• Yes, it should be expanded
    • No, I think it's fine as it is

Frivolous reports could be a secondary category, but it's important to have a specific ruling against leveraging moderation against someone for in game advantages.

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

Nowhere in the forum rules will you find anything about "using moderation as a weapon." It's only a game rule, and it's specific to instances of threatening moderation action for some in-game benefit, i.e. "I see you broke the rules with XYZ, if you don't pay me $1,000,000 I will report you to the mods."

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If the mod's don't mind being spammed with reports, there's not really a reason to and I'd say it's a good thing that it's extremely unlikely you'll be punished for making a report. I do think there should be some very light sanction like a warning for the most extreme cases, like one where I was reported for having the word "gay" in my nation title in a non-pejorative way, since that report implied that the user seemed to hope that people could be punished for mentioning LGBTQ things in a positive way.

5 hours ago, Zaurg said:

If the mod's don't mind being spammed with reports, there's not really a reason to and I'd say it's a good thing that it's extremely unlikely you'll be punished for making a report. I do think there should be some very light sanction like a warning for the most extreme cases, like one where I was reported for having the word "gay" in my nation title in a non-pejorative way, since that report implied that the user seemed to hope that people could be punished for mentioning LGBTQ things in a positive way.

To be fair, your nation name does seem to be have it origin, in a derivation from an alt-right type of memes, that is currently in widespread use, as a respond to increased diversity in  popular entertainment, like does brought forth by Netflix. 
One of course should get the false impression that you might be using the name for the same derogatory meaning, against people who are homosexual and/or muslim. Thereby you can make a case that you are discriminating against these groups of people, while making fun of them.

tenor (1).gif

7 hours ago, Zim said:

To be fair, your nation name does seem to be have it origin, in a derivation from an alt-right type of memes, that is currently in widespread use, as a respond to increased diversity in  popular entertainment, like does brought forth by Netflix. 
One of course should get the false impression that you might be using the name for the same derogatory meaning, against people who are homosexual and/or muslim. Thereby you can make a case that you are discriminating against these groups of people, while making fun of them.

The guy who reported me effectively said that someone describing themselves as gay was offensive to him. That's why it was so particularly frivolous. 

Edited by Zaurg

Think if someone intentionally makes a frivolous report to try getting someone on a manufactured rule violation; that should carry a penalty similar.

If someone says "Goons Power" on their page & GOONS say that is similar to "White Power"; they use that kind of logic to get people warn points over nothing using the grey area Nazi association rules which means anything can be considered Nazi with enough wall of text.

People making reports like this should be penalized strictly in order to dissuade people from destroying the game by tricking the mods/admins into killing off their player base by listening to the troll reports. If someone is unfairly given strikes; that can easily be enough to make the good crowd who don't want to play with a corrupt mod system to leave; with that impression based on their experiences. Also falsely reporting people for other stuff hoping the mods don't notice they're lying should get a warn point.

libertyribbon.png

• Alex locked this topic