Spy Operation Success Probability Bug

The USA

What were you doing (or trying to do): Conducting a spy operation

What happened (describe thoroughly please): When you conduct a spy operation on any nation and change the safety level, you get "Greater than 50%" or "Lower than 50%" in the Success Probability box. In the past, you get a success probability range (like 75-99% or below 25%) in the Success Probability box, not the "Greater than 50%" or "Lower than 50%" text. I don't think the Success Probability box is supposed to just say greater or less than 50%.

Link to page: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/espionage/eid=11529

Screenshot: 

2101014261_BugReport.thumb.PNG.222c85c8899a700b33727660d4529199.PNG

Guest John Q Listener

I believe this was a conscious change of game mechanics by Alex to try and make it harder to accurately estimate the number of spies a nation has.

21 minutes ago, John Q Listener said:

I believe this was a conscious change of game mechanics by Alex to try and make it harder to accurately estimate the number of spies a nation has.

Oh

9 minutes ago, Micchan said:

That bad feel when you don't know anymore if he's trolling or he's for real :wacko:

Then don't touch my spies.  Did you do it again?

Edited by The USA

4 minutes ago, The USA said:

Then don't touch my spies.  Did you do it again?

Are you really now aware of anything is going on in the game? lol

No btw, already used my daily spy operation

This is not the place for chatting so if you want to talk use in game messages

• Jax locked this topic

I am closing the thread given the thread author's enquiry has been resolved by other user responses.

For the record, Alex announced this change on 26th November 2019 via the P&W Discord (https://discord.gg/pw)...

Estimated odds for Espionage operations have been changed to display either "Lower than 50%" or "Greater than 50%". The reason for this is that some users have back-engineered using scripts and formulas to estimate any other nation's spy count with a very high degree of accuracy. Hopefully this change will mitigate the ability to reveal others' spy counts