Poll for Downvotes

Thalmor

Should Downvotes be implemented again?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Should Downvotes be implemented again?

• Yes, they should be brought back and the decision to remove them be reversed.
    • No, they should stay gone.

27 minutes ago, nippythefish said:

lol no.

the same people that consider downvotes important are the same that make horrible posts.  This forum is littered with low quality posts because of the downvoting system.   

I dislike your post. It is wrong.

• Thanks 1

KT affiliate since 2017

Contact me on discord at Doge#9859 for business offers.

17 minutes ago, nippythefish said:

:rimshot:

that's simple.  My existence gives me the right.  I am high quality, therefore can identify low quality.  Zounds.

Incorrect.

KT affiliate since 2017

Just now, nippythefish said:

Hurf durf.

Your previous statement implies you are better than people. Everyone is equal.

• Thanks 1

KT affiliate since 2017

except for people that prove they're not.  

You have impeccable taste in dogs, but shit taste in posting, guy.

You're quick to act, but slow to think. You just called my taste an insult when I could've just downvoted your original post. You had to look back here. All this change encourages is a toxic exchange of words and your responses show that. Thank you for proving my point. I hope to work with you in the future.

• Thanks 1

KT affiliate since 2017

1 minute ago, doge said:

You're quick to act, but slow to think. You just called my taste an insult when I could've just downvoted your original post. You had to look back here. All this change encourages is a toxic exchange of words and your responses show that. Thank you for proving my point. I hope to work with you in the future.

There's no downvote, guy.  It doesn't exist anymore.  There's already been outrage from the bad posters about it.  As for your post, you had a lot of buzzwords.  Well done.  I'm sorry you're representing yourself with a shiba inu.  That breed doesn't resemble your characteristics at all.  They're incredibly intelligent, loyal, and silent.  The only time they make noise is when there's danger at their doorstep.   You make noise just to make noise.

1 minute ago, nippythefish said:

There's no downvote, guy.  It doesn't exist anymore.  There's already been outrage from the bad posters about it.  As for your post, you had a lot of buzzwords.  Well done.  I'm sorry you're representing yourself with a shiba inu.  That breed doesn't resemble your characteristics at all.  They're incredibly intelligent, loyal, and silent.  The only time they make noise is when there's danger at their doorstep.   You make noise just to make noise.

The removal of downvotes encourages a insult based forum. That does not remove toxicity.

• Thanks 1

KT affiliate since 2017

2 minutes ago, doge said:

The removal of downvotes encourages a insult based forum. That does not remove toxicity.

In fact it encourages trolling or spam posts, as there is no longer a simple way to express disapproval. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc

1 minute ago, doge said:

That's what I've already stated in this very thread.  Several insults later, I guess you're starting to see what this forum is becoming.. the end of stupidity.  Isn't it wonderful?

1 minute ago, nippythefish said:

That's what I've already stated in this very thread.  Several insults later, I guess you're starting to see what this forum is becoming.. the end of stupidity.  Isn't it wonderful?

You certainly are an excellent example of the point that myself and @doge have been arguing this whole time, funny how that works.

• Upvote 1

Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc

10 minutes ago, nippythefish said:

You said

38 minutes ago, doge said:

lol no.

the same people that consider downvotes important are the same that make horrible posts.  This forum is littered with low quality posts because of the downvoting system.   

Which implies that you are stanced against downvotes. I am for downvotes. If you would stop turning this into an insult based forum, you would have figure that out by now. All this change does is toxify the forums.

Edited by doge
  • Upvote 1

KT affiliate since 2017

2 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

if you can't downvote, remove the like as well

I agree.

Edited by doge

KT affiliate since 2017

So, because I love engagement, media, and all that stuff - I guess I'll add a bit of a serious comment.

The PW community forums are no different than the other 'forums' we hop on day to day through social media. Most of those platforms sway more towards a public moderation through upvotes/downvotes (see reddit) and also have a fully manned moderation team and algorithms  in place to fight incorrect behavior. Now, when we look at PW, the community gives the sense that it is publicly moderated (see goons and others) but the main difference here is the upvote, downvote, etc are tied to a reputation system and not a content moderation system.

This community is pretty dark in terms of what is said here on the forums, the amount of OOS items that are pulled into conversations, and the personal attacks people make on each other - therefore having a reputation system just fans the flame. I understand that Alex has been pondering the idea of removing the dislike/downvote button for a while, it was brought up when I was a moderator. I don't think the removal of a downvote and the addition of a 'thanks' is necessary. When you're tying this change to a reputation system only and not anything to do with content moderation or public moderation of content, you're really just siding with someone and not answering the issue that is the community here is highly negative.

In my opinion, the best result here would be to create a system that allows for public content moderation (which might be an addon for IPS suite) or just remove the reputation mod itself to deter people from playing in to that side.

Also, get a better moderation team that can be proactive  - Chief is really the only one pulling weight.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

So, because I love engagement, media, and all that stuff - I guess I'll add a bit of a serious comment.

The PW community forums are no different than the other 'forums' we hop on day to day through social media. Most of those platforms sway more towards a public moderation through upvotes/downvotes (see reddit) and also have a fully manned moderation team and algorithms  in place to fight incorrect behavior. Now, when we look at PW, the community gives the sense that it is publicly moderated (see goons and others) but the main difference here is the upvote, downvote, etc are tied to a reputation system and not a content moderation system.

This community is pretty dark in terms of what is said here on the forums, the amount of OOS items that are pulled into conversations, and the personal attacks people make on each other - therefore having a reputation system just fans the flame. I understand that Alex has been pondering the idea of removing the dislike/downvote button for a while, it was brought up when I was a moderator. I don't think the removal of a downvote and the addition of a 'thanks' is necessary. When you're tying this change to a reputation system only and not anything to do with content moderation or public moderation of content, you're really just siding with someone and not answering the issue that is the community here is highly negative.

In my opinion, the best result here would be to create a system that allows for public content moderation (which might be an addon for IPS suite) or just remove the reputation mod itself to deter people from playing in to that side.

Also, get a better moderation team that can be proactive  - Chief is really the only one pulling weight.

I'd agree, but the quality of the content of the community is purely dependent on the quality of the community themselves.  This community is one of the worst I've seen.  Sure, there are outliers, but very few.   

• Upvote 1

it's funny how downvotes were anonymous but now we have literal nobodies coming out the woodworks to post an image of an arrow.

You can see who put what reaction by clicking on the reaction... including down votes

gg-fu-banner.png