Poll for Downvotes

Thalmor

Should Downvotes be implemented again?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Should Downvotes be implemented again?

• Yes, they should be brought back and the decision to remove them be reversed.
    • No, they should stay gone.

4 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

Making a poll because I think removing downvotes is ridiculous and I'm pretty confident a lot of others feel the same. 

Going to not make this a poll-only topic though because I want people to discuss it. Maybe I am wrong.

thanks

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

1 minute ago, Prefontaine said:

It's gonna be a... Thanksgiving in this thread.

giphy.gif

I hate you

• Thanks 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

5 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

Making a poll because I think removing downvotes is ridiculous and I'm pretty confident a lot of others feel the same. 

Going to not make this a poll-only topic though because I want people to discuss it. Maybe I am wrong.

Hey! That was my idea

Thanks!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Duke Arthur said:

Why do you want downvotes op? What do they add?

They are able to say "No" the nicest way possible as people dont have to be rude or toxic especially with Alex's dumb rule saying u cant just say "No" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

Fair question.

They're a quick and easy way to show disapproval. They are convenient.

Did that work towards better communication in the OWF?  Alex explained it as a too easy way to disagree and a source of toxicity. Was wrong there, you think?

4 minutes ago, Duke Arthur said:

Did that work towards better communication in the OWF?  Alex explained it as a too easy way to disagree and a source of toxicity. Was wrong there, you think?

I think a quick and easy way of showing disapproval like downvoting is better communication than removing downvotes. By removing them, I think a way of communication itself is being removed, and I don't like that.

I think downvotes are a happy medium in terms of disagreeing. I think with them gone, either people aren't going to communicate disapproval or they will use low-effort, possibly rule breaking responses instead. The former will probably be more likely, so I think there will be less overall activity in-game.

Downvotes aren't toxic. They may be used as people are being toxic, but the downvotes are just a vessel.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

52 minutes ago, Changeup said:

@Thalmor Make the voter options public. I wanna see the special snowflakes who support this change ;)

no downvotes = more low quality/troll posts made 

lol no.

the same people that consider downvotes important are the same that make horrible posts.  This forum is littered with low quality posts because of the downvoting system.   

• Upvote 2

Just now, nippythefish said:

the same people that consider downvotes important are the same that make horrible posts.  This forum is littered with low quality posts because of the downvoting system. 

Better for people just to leave a downvote than to make spam/troll posts if you want a reasonable discussion. Also, who gave you the right to determine what posts are "low quality"?

Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc

1 minute ago, nippythefish said:

lol no.

It can't be just down to the downvoting, you're still here afterall! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

It can't be just down to the downvoting, you're still here afterall! 

:rimshot:

9 minutes ago, RightHonorable said:

Better for people just to leave a downvote than to make spam/troll posts if you want a reasonable discussion. Also, who gave you the right to determine what posts are "low quality"?

that's simple.  My existence gives me the right.  I am high quality, therefore can identify low quality.  Zounds.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, nippythefish said:

lol no.

*rushes into thread to lay down a tepid burn*

e:f;b

Guys just vote the thread 1 and move on. Reactions are less important now - thread ratings are the new hotness.

Improper-Request-2.gif

15 minutes ago, nippythefish said:

lol no.

This.

The entire karma system should be removed.

• Upvote 1