12/7/2019 - Removing Downvotes on the Forum

Alex

So basically Alex seemed to pull what would be the most unpopular decision so far on the forums at least, and made that decision disabling downvotes so people wouldn't be able to show their discontent easily.

• Haha 1

Blame Dan Schneider~

393607803_Screenshot-20190414-060815-Discord(2).jpg.7116150a8eb6a7355bc37f3f65604764.jpg

Just now, Matthew The Great said:

So basically Alex seemed to pull what would be the most unpopular decision so far on the forums at least, and made that decision disabling downvotes so people wouldn't be able to show their discontent easily.

With his most recent decisions it seems Alex would like to kill the game also.

1 hour ago, Malal said:

Adding downvotes was an awful change and it's better for the health of the forums that they are gone again. However, I can no longer flex my low downvotes given compared to all the other people who handed them out like candy.

@AlexI Cant downvote to respectively show my disagreement with his statement

@MalalUr wrong due to divotes being the most calm, and non toxic way to say someoen doesnt agree.Ur just mad u received enough to bring down ur rep. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Hello,

This is just a heads up that I have disabled "downvotes" and negative reputation on the forum. It may take some time to reset all users with negative reputation to the new minimum (zero) so if you're reading this and that hasn't been completed yet, please bear with me for some time.

It's been suggested many times that we revise / eliminate the reputation system, and I've finally decided to act. "Downvotes" are really just the laziest way to voice disagreement with someone, and contribute to the negativity and toxicity that is plaguing the game currently.

If you disagree with someone's post, you'll be forced to type a response explaining why. Single word posts like "no," "this sucks," etc. are still spam and will still earn you warning points as they always have per the Forum Rules.

Also, I've enabled the "Thanks" react to posts as well. Feel free to try it out on this post here :)

2 hours ago, Alex said:

An addendum to the announcement:

I imagined it would be easy to find a list of all users with negative reputation and set them all to 0 rep, but I haven't been able to do so yet. It may be a few days before all users with negative reputation are reset to 0.

In the meantime, if you have negative reputation and would like it reset to 0, please send a private message to myself or @Chief Wiggum. Thank you.

This is just terrible.
Echo chamber/hugbox incoming!

No kind of negativity allowed!
Nuspeak only!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS62fv1YKRj68EeJFP5PxQ

Love you

1 minute ago, Papi Salamander said:

@MalalUr wrong due to divotes being the most calm, and non toxic way to say someoen doesnt agree.Ur just mad u received enough to bring down ur rep. 

I literally tried getting back under 5k so I could get rid of this trash hippo image but I couldn't

• Haha 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Finally, my score of -19 for posting my newcomer thoughts during a turbulent time in the game's politics is absolutely meaningless! Thanks Alex! Now there's no longer an easy way for me to figure out who my political enemies are supposed to be - they'll actually have to type out their dissent and reveal themselves as bad posters!

A new era has been born:

Welcome to Politics and War: where the problems are totally made up and the points don't matter.

• Thanks 1

Improper-Request-2.gif

Just now, Supreme Master Joi said:

Finally, my score of -19 for posting my newcomer thoughts during a turbulent time in the game's politics is absolutely meaningless! Thanks Alex! Now there's no longer an easy way for me to figure out who my political enemies are supposed to be - they'll actually have to type out their dissent and reveal themselves as bad posters!

A new era has been born:

Welcome to Politics and War: where the problems are totally made up and the points don't matter.

i cannot downvote this person because hes in goons

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Changeup said:

@GOONS who complained? 

@Noctis Anarch Caelum, the (now ex-) God of Downvotes

Here's the thread: 

Edited by Supreme Master Joi
fixed link

Improper-Request-2.gif

1 minute ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

@Noctis Anarch Caelum, the (now ex-) God of Downvotes

Here's the thread: 

I think he wanted to remove it anyways, since he mentioned I suggest it. I don’t really think it matters much either way though.

libertyribbon.png

11 minutes ago, Papi Salamander said:

i cannot downvote this person because hes in goons

Nor should you downvote my irreverent, whimsical post - downvoting a person just because they're in X faction and have posted words to the forums is the whole reasons why downvote functionality has been removed by the moderation team: people (such as yourself) weren't being responsible with them and were using them to fulfill an us-vs-them agenda counterproductive to actual discussion.

• Upvote 1

Improper-Request-2.gif

41 minutes ago, Malal said:

I literally tried getting back under 5k so I could get rid of this trash hippo image but I couldn't

Enjoy it for life now.  Thanks.

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

2 minutes ago, Rosey Song said:

Enjoy it for life now.  Thanks.

:(

thanks

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

well then. This is just going to increase toxicity or forum bans. lots of people downvote instead of responding because quite frankly, they want to say things that would be very impolite to state in public. You forcing them to respond instead is almost certainly going to result in much more offensive and OOC attacks because surprise, people are !@#$.

• Like 1

I don't sleep enough

Also, I am an Keynesian Utilitarian

Lastly, Hello world

Here's a suggestion for you, ALEX:

Bring back the ever-popular Downvote as two flavors: "Respectfully Disagree" and "Frick You."

"Frick You" is reserved for the people you hate on principle (due to stupid political lines in the pixel-sand) and actually brings down the reputation of the user who voted, instead of the reputation of the poster.

Thank you and gosh bless.

• Upvote 2

Improper-Request-2.gif

17 minutes ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

Here's a suggestion for you, ALEX:

Bring back the ever-popular Downvote as two flavors: "Respectfully Disagree" and "Frick You."

"Frick You" is reserved for the people you hate on principle (due to stupid political lines in the pixel-sand) and actually brings down the reputation of the user who voted, instead of the reputation of the poster.

Thank you and gosh bless.

I ran out of reactions so i will now upvote by saying i actually like this idea please do this.

1 hour ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

Nor should you downvote my irreverent, whimsical post - downvoting a person just because they're in X faction and have posted words to the forums is the whole reasons why downvote functionality has been removed by the moderation team: people (such as yourself) weren't being responsible with them and were using them to fulfill an us-vs-them agenda counterproductive to actual discussion.

ur in goons thats a good enough reason

• Jax locked this topic