12/7/2019 - Removing Downvotes on the Forum

Alex

• Administrators

An addendum to the announcement:

I imagined it would be easy to find a list of all users with negative reputation and set them all to 0 rep, but I haven't been able to do so yet. It may be a few days before all users with negative reputation are reset to 0.

In the meantime, if you have negative reputation and would like it reset to 0, please send a private message to myself or @Chief Wiggum. Thank you.

• Thanks 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Go forth, my friends, for it is time - time to enter a new era. A brave new world of shitposting is upon us! Praise be Alex! Long live the PnW Forums!

Edited by Teaspoon
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

"Bans and warning points" are really just the laziest way to voice disagreement with someone, and contribute to the negativity and toxicity that is plaguing the game currently especially on P&W discord where people receiving em doesn´t even get a reason why at times  :D While i can understand Alex´s desire to make forums and discord more pleasant for all involved, removing problematic people or expression of human emotions like simple act of downvoting to reflect someone´s anger or disagreement to any given stimuli, I do not think removing down votes  will not result in more pleasant exp, if anything it means more oppression, less speech and adds to the "toxicity" that is anonymous human interaction online. If Alex´s goal was to slowly kill his forum and discord and drive Orbis community to their own small parts of discord, furthering playerbase´s growing disdain for the game and it´s owner, then all I can say is Thanks Alex!        

Edited by kalev60
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Charlie Chaplin

Adding downvotes was an awful change and it's better for the health of the forums that they are gone again. However, I can no longer flex my low downvotes given compared to all the other people who handed them out like candy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

23 minutes ago, kalev60 said:

"Bans and warning points" are really just the laziest way to voice disagreement with someone, and contribute to the negativity and toxicity that is plaguing the game currently especially on P&W discord where people receiving em doesn´t even get a reason why at times  :D While i can understand Alex´s desire to make forums and discord more pleasant for all involved, removing problematic people or expression of human emotions like simple act of downvoting to reflect someone´s anger or disagreement to any given stimuli, I do not think removing down votes  will not result in more pleasant exp, if anything it means more oppression, less speech and adds to the "toxicity" that is anonymous human interaction online. If Alex´s goal was to slowly kill his forum and discord and drive Orbis community to their own small parts of discord, furthering playerbase´s growing disdain for the game and it´s owner, then all I can say is Thanks Alex!        

not_bad.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

Just now, namukara said:

idk about you Alex but I'm not sure that the toxicity was caused by downvotes...I think it's caused by Goons, and NPO trying to kill the game.

Revised it a little bit : )

• Like 2

• Jax locked this topic