Get off your high horse

Josh of Clan Mason

Stop blaming Alex. He’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. 

As someone who just came back but has some experience in Orbis my sense is that everyone needs to come to an agreement about ending the global war and bring the general level of frustration with each down a few dozen pegs.

It is not helpful to try to share blame by calling everyone hypocrites, but for what it’s worth I share your anger.  Everyone is not responsible for the nastiness, but it is everyone’s responsibility to strive for a healthy game environment that allows for the maintenance of the IC/OOC barrier, and in particular protections for the vulnerable.  I wonder where we’d be if people weren’t raising these issues?  Deliberately doxxing people should result in an immediate and permanent ban IMO

• Upvote 2

Celer Et Audax

1 hour ago, Josh of Clan Mason said:

Let me preface this by saying I'm completely prepared and expecting to get downvoted to hell. Your red arrows mean nothing to me, I'm just here to speak my mind.

So, TL;DR: There are way too many people on here (especially Col. A) being extremely hypocritical.
There's no denying that lately there has been plenty of anti-Col. B threads floating around, really kinda starting with George's "plea", but the current sentiment around Col. B has been this way for a good while. Now, let me be clear: this is NOT in defense in Col. B. This whole post is against hypocrites and I'd be one myself if I didn't admit both I myself and Col. B members have made mistakes. I'm here to say that I'm sick of people on here acting like they'd never/never had done do/done anything wrong. There's plenty of people on here absolutely ragging on others for whatever, but then turning around and doing the same or other awful things. I'm making this post because of what my alliance leader, TheNG, revealed to me today. He was doxxed by Col. A members. While this wasn't a full doxxing (no address, phone number, etc. revealed) it's absolutely ridiculous that someone thought it was ok to leak DM's of him talking about OOC real life stuff. I've never seen this game as toxic as is it now and I've been playing off and on since May 2016. You guys - me included- need to get a hold of yourselves. Remind yourself that this is a browser game and there is no need to try to ruin it for others.
Again, this goes for everyone.

My message to @Alexis: Get control of this game back. I can't tell if you're just ignoring the problems or have selective hearing, but you appear to be responding when it's convenient or when certain people report something. The discord and these forums are both a mess and you combat them with vague responses, such as your cyber-bullying announcement earlier. I posted a comment on here a few days ago criticizing you and it got removed for "posting in a non-discussion forum", I've received that warning before and didn't have my post removed. There is loads of bias with several moderators and nothing is being done to combat that, let alone the state of the entire community.

You have no idea what this is about, do you? A full coalition channel log with 95% IC content was leaked and then spread. The channel contained a few discussion which included OOC content (read: discussion on RL stuff). The doc in question was long and most who shared it did so before reading it thoroughly, under the assumption that they were fully IC logs. The information in it pertained mostly IC info, and some OOC tidbits. 

Coalition B officials informed some of us that the logs contained some OOC material. Following that, the logs were immediately taken out of circulation in many coal A channels. My personal reaction was an immediate "Oh shit, thats not the intent- i'll get rid of 'em". While the material wasn't serious, none of us like OOC shit, and so we understood the gravity of the situation.

We are not looking at deliberate doxx or malicious intent, nor are we looking at a refusal to take accountability.The moment the problem was brought to our attention, correction ws attempted.

This is now (on multiple occasions) being used to start some witch hunt shitfest which I frankly find less than classy.

Unless the matter was taken farther than the above, that is. If that occurred feel free to correct me and i'll retract my words. OOC and doxxing has no place here.

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

One thing I never understood about any online community Ive been involved with (And Im very involved in the League of Legends world... for those of you that know.... thats a toxic place) is that, people love to bring OOC into a game in a negative light. If you're like me, you play games like this and league to get away from all the shit you are dealing with OOC. You make friends. You will get to know about some peoples personal lives, and then for them to just become the victim of bullying when that could be what drove them to an online community in the first place is just pure evil imo... no one is safe sadly. 

On that note: I for one love doing face reveals and showing pictures of my cat! Shes gorgeous! If anyone ever wants to talk about whatever im here!!! 

• Upvote 3

Banner for PnW.png

just stop making threads about it, it gets people more riled up than if you hadnt said anything at all

asking people to be less toxic doesnt solve any problem and it’s apparent you don’t have a plan to reduce toxicity in the game

Edited by hope
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Aero Xross said:

One thing I never understood about any online community Ive been involved with (And Im very involved in the League of Legends world... for those of you that know.... thats a toxic place) is that, people love to bring OOC into a game in a negative light. If you're like me, you play games like this and league to get away from all the shit you are dealing with OOC. You make friends. You will get to know about some peoples personal lives, and then for them to just become the victim of bullying when that could be what drove them to an online community in the first place is just pure evil imo... no one is safe sadly. 

On that note: I for one love doing face reveals and showing pictures of my cat! Shes gorgeous! If anyone ever wants to talk about whatever im here!!! 

Your cat may well be what finds our sides common ground.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

1 hour ago, Asierith said:

1 - So, no personal details were leaked, that would lead to him being identified. Whilst it's undeniable that any ooc conversations should have been excluded, I don't think that this case is as significant as you make it out to be.

2 - Coming from a coalition who have been recorded extensively wishing for members of the opposition to quit the game, the leaders having clearly outlined their desire that Carthago and its community be wiped from the game, the claim of the current toxicity being due to Coalition A is laughable.

Carthago Delenda Est

• Haha 1

i2FSAiF.gif

6 minutes ago, Aero Xross said:

Well my PMs are always open if you wish to ever see her ;):P

Come to CoS's server and we'll trade cat photos in the pet channel. (Sorry for volunteering y'all's server but pets.)

• Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

31 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

Come to CoS's server and we'll trade cat photos in the pet channel. (Sorry for volunteering y'all's server but pets.)

Next time, just go the extra step https://discord.gg/NSvBDd6

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chief Wiggum said:

The thread you are referring to included logs of entire channels that were not filtered. In the discussions of these channels, some OOC information was included. To my understanding, no one went through the whole thing to filter it, which is something that should have been done/taken under consideration.

Reports about the links to these logs were made, but unfortunately no forum mod was active at that time to act immediately.

The "violators" have officially identified this wrongdoing and have taken down the links on their own. This may not resolve the problem, since the links may still be around, but the problem was identified by the corresponding posters before having to get a moderation warning or anything.

To my understanding, no member was specifically targeted on purpose.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

I appreciate the clarification!
However, clearly this wasn't just any old log leaking, it upset TheNG enough to make him decide to leave for a few days, and NG has played since earlier on, so this ain't his first rodeo.

3 hours ago, Changeup said:

So he hasn't told anyone who it is, or from what I can tell provided proof - and you all just blindly believe this?

I agree with your sentiment, but the way you wrote both the original post where you blame Coalition A then failed to back it up with actual evidence is in itself being toxic.

Furthermore, hypocrisy isn't really the problem this game has. Toxicity, people trying to drive other players from the game, open hate, flaming, and trolling are the problems. 

I wonder how many times I have to say "this goes for both" in one post to make this clear. I was simply using Col. A doing this as an example. I responded to your first post similarly, but you seem to have ignored it. 
Also, I'm talking about both toxicity and hypocrisy, the two go hand in hand.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

As far as I know, those raw logs were leaked from someone from within your own coalition, then released by someone who isn't in either coalition. Shortly after, they were removed, and no one in our coalition has disputed that removal I don't think? Just the opposite.

It sucks to have OOC stuff released and I'm genuinely sorry NG is that upset. It shouldn't have happened, but it I don't think anyone intended for OOC stuff to be released in that way, and our coalition was not responsible for it.

I'm sorry: I understand your frustration, truly, but you're throwing gas on a fire making this thread with incomplete facts as far as I can see it.

It's entirely possible someone in my coalition leaked the logs, but NG was pretty clear about saying that Col. A got their hands on them. Either way, we have a problem here that everyone contributes to.

3 hours ago, Micchan said:

I feel like no one saw that part because the logs were too long

Doesn't change the fact that the leakers and posters still did it. 
An extreme analogy: You commit a murder but it's ok because no one saw it.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Josh of Clan Mason said:

It's entirely possible someone in my coalition leaked the logs, but NG was pretty clear about saying that Col. A got their hands on them. Either way, we have a problem here that everyone contributes to.

How is my coalition contributing when we receive something? You can't not receive something. The OOC stuff (what little of it there was) flatly did not release as a result of anything our coalition did. As soon as it became apparent there was OOC info mixed into the IC logs, everyone reached out to the people who did release it to get it scrubbed.

If NG wants to try to make that a political thing against our coalition for some reason, I'll do my best to try and assume he's just upset in the moment, but that's off base.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

1 minute ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

How is my coalition contributing when we receive something? You can't not receive something. The OOC stuff (what little of it there was) flatly did not release as a result of anything our coalition did.

If NG wants to try to make that a political thing against our coalition for some reason, I'll do my best to try and assume he's just upset in the moment, but that's off base.

Let me be clear, I am NOT speaking for NG. He has no desire to make this political, it just upset him and he's taking a break. Because this happened, it was kinda a last straw for me, thus I made this post. I regret including details about Coalitions, because this thread is about the general state of the game. Anyone who has/is making this political - including me - has made a mistake. I apologize, I was simply using what caused my to post this as an example.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Josh of Clan Mason said:

Let me be clear, I am NOT speaking for NG. He has no desire to make this political, it just upset him and he's taking a break. Because this happened, it was kinda a last straw for me, thus I made this post. I regret including details about Coalitions, because this thread is about the general state of the game. Anyone who has/is making this political - including me - has made a mistake. I apologize, I was simply using what caused my to post this as an example.

Cool. I'm more than good with that. Thank you. : )

In terms of the game in general, I'm with you, for sure.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Like 4

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

2 minutes ago, Josh of Clan Mason said:

Hey you know what- if you're being genuine: I agree. The game's taken a turn for the worse.

• Like 4

os9LcJK.gif

Honestly other than college/school talk, I didn’t see much OOC involved personally.  Then again, it’s a lot of stuff - so I might have missed it myself.

In our coalition chat, there isn’t much referenced to it at all.

We’ve been digging up all the stuff that Coalition B leads been lying about on the forums in regards to the war.