Get off your high horse

Josh of Clan Mason

TheNG talking about OOC stuff is the last straw for you? really?

You really shouldn't be saying personal OOC stuff if you aren't ok with it being public, its being internet savvy. 

Edited by Clarke
  • Downvote 12

IpHGyGc.png

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

TheNG talking about OOC stuff is the last straw for you? really?

You really shouldn't be doing saying OOC if you aren't ok with it being public, its being internet savvy. 

There's plenty of instances of things like this happening otherwise I wouldn't have posted, but yes technically what happened to TheNG was the straw that broke the camel's back, especially after I saw that it really did upset him. He's taking a short break.
I don't think it's public if it's in DM's but whatever, whether it was internet savvy or not, you shouldn't leak something someone trusted you with. For example, if someone sends you nudes, it wasn't a good decision on their part to do so, but that doesn't make it ok to leak them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I guess it happens when logs get leaked, right?
I honestly don't recommend talking about IRL stuff with people you don't know well in the game or in discord chats where random people have access to
But I agree that doxxing shouldn't be used as a weapon in a browser game

• Upvote 2

Just now, Josh of Clan Mason said:

There's plenty of instances of things like this happening otherwise I wouldn't have posted, but yes technically what happened to TheNG was the straw that broke the camel's back, especially after I saw that it really did upset him. He's taking a short break.
I don't think it's public if it's in DM's but whatever, whether it was internet savvy or not, you shouldn't leak something someone trusted you with. For example, if someone sends you nudes, it wasn't a good decision on their part to do so, but that doesn't make it ok to leak them.

josh stop making good posts you're shaking my faith in reality

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Changeup said:

"especially Coalition A"

Go read some posts from your Coalition's leadership and come back after you've done that. Thank you. 

It may not have been my best decision to include that bit, but I'm leaving it in regardless. I was pretty clear in my post that it goes for everyone, and I said similar things several times. I included that bit because of the mass hate for Col. B on here lately, but then Col. A members turn around and do this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Josh of Clan Mason said:

There's plenty of people on here absolutely ragging on others for whatever, but then turning around and doing the same or other awful things. I'm making this post because of what my alliance leader, TheNG, revealed to me today. He was doxxed by Col. A members. While this wasn't a full doxxing (no address, phone number, etc. revealed) it's absolutely ridiculous that someone thought it was ok to leak DM's of him talking about OOC real life stuff.

"He was doxxed by Col. A members"

Yeah, who?

1 minute ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

Who from what alliance doxxed NG. Name and shame 

He hasn't told me or others as far as I know, but it might not be hard to find. Either way, let's be careful about retaliation, that would fight fire with fire and be somewhat hypocritical. I agree that it is an awful thing to do though.

• Upvote 1

He hasn't told me or others as far as I know, but it might not be hard to find. Either way, let's be careful about retaliation, that would fight fire with fire and be somewhat hypocritical. I agree that it is an awful thing to do though.

I disagree, people who pull these antics should be named and punished accordingly no matter who they are.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Untitled.png

3 minutes ago, Josh of Clan Mason said:

It may not have been my best decision to include that bit, but I'm leaving it in regardless. I was pretty clear in my post that it goes for everyone, and I said similar things several times. I included that bit because of the mass hate for Col. B on here lately, but then Col. A members turn around and do this.

Your post would have been better received if you had come across as objective, but your refusal to acknowledge the hypocrisy even regarding matters like OOC from your side too is harmful to your (very valid) points. Yes, the logs should have been scrubbed of OOC information, but there's also your side fulfilling a war goal to drive as much opposition from the game they can, which is also very much OOC.

Look up to the sky above~

Just now, Charles the Tyrant said:

I disagree, people who pull these antics should be named and punished accordingly no matter who they are.

I'm on the same page, but we do have to be the bigger person.

• Downvote 2

Log leaking has always been part and parcel of games like this, but doing an uncurated mass dump of all channels of a discord server is definitely unprecedented and beyond the pale. Even the most banal of offtopic discussions can cause problems for people if leaked to the wrong parties.

This is also the reason why the TCM stuff wasn't distributed, fwiw.

• Like 1

So he hasn't told anyone who it is, or from what I can tell provided proof - and you all just blindly believe this?

I agree with your sentiment, but the way you wrote both the original post where you blame Coalition A then failed to back it up with actual evidence is in itself being toxic.

Furthermore, hypocrisy isn't really the problem this game has. Toxicity, people trying to drive other players from the game, open hate, flaming, and trolling are the problems. 

• Downvote 2

unknown_3_1_65.png

1 minute ago, Josh of Clan Mason said:

So what you're saying is, you don't actually know if there is doxxing, but someone who is desperate to get the subject of the logs out of everyone's mouth, told you that they were doxxed, therefore we are the hypocrites, and we can conveniently ignore the coercion of children into face revealing, false accusations of pedophilia, and children coerced into eating animal food. Us leaking logs of a coalition chat, talking about running entire alliance memberships out of the game as a pre-requisite for peace, and bad mouthing their own allies, is not doxxing. Any OOC discussion that was posted in those channels, has been removed, none of which even remotely comes close to the definition of doxxing. It requires both information that leads to the identification of an individual, and intent, to reveal that person's identity. Both of which members in your coalition have done...to children...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

16 minutes ago, Chief Wiggum said:

The "violators" have officially identified this wrongdoing and have taken down the links on their own. This may not resolve the problem, since the links may still be around, but the problem was identified by the corresponding posters before having to get a moderation warning or anything.

The links were also scrubbed. It may not be completely resolved if people downloaded anything but everything that could be done after the fact was done.

Edited by Adrienne

BrOQBND.jpg

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, Dreki said:

I guess it happens when logs get leaked, right?
I honestly don't recommend talking about IRL stuff with people you don't know well in the game or in discord chats where random people have access to
But I agree that doxxing shouldn't be used as a weapon in a browser game

Well, especially in the upper level logs that have been circulated, you're talking about people that have known each other and worked together for years for the most part, so there was a reasonable expectation of privacy.  Obviously including Gorge in those channels was a bad idea (he'd also been affiliated with most of these people for years, so it seemed reasonable at the time).  Anyways, yeah, I don't blame coalition A for this situation, since I doubt anyone would refuse an offer of logs from an opposing server, but it's still unfortunate that no effort was made to expunge OOC stuff in the initial drops (I know at least one person has received unsolicited messages about a health condition that was referenced in the logs, which is kind of messed up).  So yeah, use the logs for political stuff as you like, but I don't think mass disclosing OOC personal info without the consent of the parties involved is a route we should collectively be going down.

1 hour ago, James II said:

So what you're saying is, you don't actually know if there is doxxing, but someone who is desperate to get the subject of the logs out of everyone's mouth, told you that they were doxxed, therefore we are the hypocrites, and we can conveniently ignore the coercion of children into face revealing, false accusations of pedophilia, and children coerced into eating animal food. Us leaking logs of a coalition chat, talking about running entire alliance memberships out of the game as a pre-requisite for peace, and bad mouthing their own allies, is not doxxing. Any OOC discussion that was posted in those channels, has been removed, none of which even remotely comes close to the definition of doxxing. It requires both information that leads to the identification of an individual, and intent, to reveal that person's identity. Both of which members in your coalition have done...to children...

My understanding is the initial log drops weren't scrubbed, so for anyone who downloaded them in the initial day or so, the damage is done.  It's good that Gorge reconsidered and went back to scrub the logs, but it doesn't really put the genie back in the bottle.

Edited by Curufinwe