Something to consider

souparmon

Just now, Dr James Wilson said:

You know, I had a good chuckle there, I could have swore you started off your post with "if it was decided" as if the outcome of the war hasn't been known since long before Goons entered.  But that can't be, I either misread or you miss typed.   And that seems like a lot of words to claim it isn't a bandwagon because it's an "attrition" war.  Which, doesn't make any sense, but ok.

It's not a bandwagon if one side holds out and then they react to two people spying by mass spy blitzing them. They were holding out in the lower tiers and that's where GOONS could affect them. It'd be a bandwagon if the war was a blowout and then goons joined in just for fun. It has a totally different purpose to bandwagon onto a won war with no other context than to join because people are resisting and mass spy blitzing on a shoot first ask questions last basis to maintain that advantage.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 12/5/2019 at 4:05 AM, Epi said:

That video is from 3 weeks ago, you can find another with a face reveal eating Fish Flakes. You made someone eat Dog Food in CN. And you attempted to get Adrienne to eat Fish Flakes here before someone else did on the Mercy Board. You're currently attempting to get people to eat Bird Seed. And although it's not dog food, you made someone spread Mayo over their face
Tl;dr: In 3 weeks of existence you made 2 minors eat animal food on camera and caused two face reveals. In order for those NEW players to get peace...

With that video in particular, the Cat food one, it's speculated by your own members that the older brother was forcing his younger brother to do it instead of himself.

--
I state this purely for context and not for political purposes. Interpret this however you want, full information can be gathered from the Something Awful, Politics And War thread and the GOON server mercy board.

I am sure this sort of thing has been reported to @Alex countless times over the last few weeks, but nothing happens about it, i do not agree with the whole "its not within Game not my problem" letting those people play is the problem, you should ban them for forcing people who play PnW to do such acts or face punishment within PnW.

11 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

It's not a bandwagon if one side holds out and then they react to two people spying by mass spy blitzing them. They were holding out in the lower tiers and that's where GOONS could affect them. It'd be a bandwagon if the war was a blowout and then goons joined in just for fun. It has a totally different purpose to bandwagon onto a won war with no other context than to join because people are resisting and mass spy blitzing on a shoot first ask questions last basis to maintain that advantage.

GOONS spies TGH, TGH mass spies GOONS, GOONS jumps on everyone whos already beaten down.  There are logs of you guys looking for ways to get GOONS involved.   For months the argument has been that there is no risk of Col B losing, you're down to "grinding infra" to the lowest levels, but now, it's "the war is not/has not been decided" and you needed goons help to break the lower tier?  I don't know man, seems fishy.

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

If it was decided, they would have already surrendered when relatively lenient options were available. This situation is the product of the attrition strategy they practiced and now they complain when their tactics haven't gone super well for them. You can't be ultra antagonistic(beyond arguing normally) and refuse to surrender on the basis of being able to outlast the other side for months and not expect that to affect the attitudes of the people you're fighting.

What's your excuse for keeping ts at war? We did neither. 

os9LcJK.gif

1 minute ago, Prefonteen said:

It's a different situation and damages are different. tS' hostility caused the situation so it's treated as another theater rather than a zero tension mishap thing. There is no intent to keep tS at war permanently but tS' overall condition relative to others is taken into consideration when deciding. The lack of contrition is something else we could consider as well. =\ 

10 hours ago, Malal said:

It was an intel op, literally no one in this history of this game has started a war over an intel op before.

Thats incorrect.  One was a Intel Op, others were Kill Spies.

1 hour ago, Prefonteen said:

They have retroactively decided that your posts asking "why can't t$ surrender" are the reason why t$ can't surrender.

2 hours ago, Roquentin said:

It's a different situation and damages are different. tS' hostility caused the situation so it's treated as another theater rather than a zero tension mishap thing. There is no intent to keep tS at war permanently but tS' overall condition relative to others is taken into consideration when deciding. The lack of contrition is something else we could consider as well. =\ 

Itd be strange if we felt remorseful over being upset over our ally having plotted to have us rolled. 

• Haha 1

os9LcJK.gif

3 hours ago, Roquentin said:

I'm going to being play a NPO spin card here, but at least for consistency's sake: 

So if this war wasn't a blowout, you have no right to be demanding this arcane, vicious peace process and horrendous terms, right?  

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

I am sure this sort of thing has been reported to @Alex countless times over the last few weeks, but nothing happens about it, i do not agree with the whole "its not within Game not my problem" letting those people play is the problem, you should ban them for forcing people who play PnW to do such acts or face punishment within PnW.

To my knowledge, these incidents happened on Discord, not in-game. I provided a very detailed report to Discord's Trust & Safety team to review the incident and take action, because they have all of the information.

I did my best to make a report to the FBI, but I don't have the names, addresses, etc. information of those who encouraged others to commit these actions. Ultimately, this is a matter for the authorities - not me - to handle.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, Alex said:

To my knowledge, these incidents happened on Discord, not in-game. I provided a very detailed report to Discord's Trust & Safety team to review the incident and take action, because they have all of the information.

I did my best to make a report to the FBI, but I don't have the names, addresses, etc. information of those who encouraged others to commit these actions. Ultimately, this is a matter for the authorities - not me - to handle.

This is where we will disagree again, they are using YOUR game to punish people for not doing things like eating cat food, for not paying them real life money and the other countless things that have been reported, when reported you say the same thing its for the authorities to handle, yet letting them still use your game to punish and bully people. you have the means and the power within PnW to stop this by banning those who do it.

but they all know how to bend the rules, simply do it on discord and Alex wont take any action.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

This is where we will disagree again, they are using YOUR game to punish people for not doing things like eating cat food, for not paying them real life money and the other countless things that have been reported, when reported you say the same thing its for the authorities to handle, yet letting them still use your game to punish and bully people. you have the means and the power within PnW to stop this by banning those who do it.

but they all know how to bend the rules, simply do it on discord and Alex wont take any action.

And you're not being truthful about this either.

First, to my knowledge, no one has been pushed to eat cat food or pay any real-life money. What happened in Cyber Nations I don't know, but I don't know of any instances of that in this game.

Second, I don't have clear evidence of who has done what. Again, to my knowledge, none of this has happened in-game, on the forum, or in the official Politics & War Discord Server. Anyone could make a private discord server, make a fake copycat Elijah Mikaelson discord account, find some recently uploaded YouTube video of some kid doing something, send messages telling another fake discord account to do whatever was in the video, and then compile all the information into a really nice detailed report. I wouldn't be surprised if someone does so at this point to be humorous / make a point. And the point is that I am not the police, I can't control what happens in other private Discord servers, and nor will I try.

I did my due diligence, which was making a comprehensive report to Discord, who has the ability to follow up on the actions, collect personal information stored on their servers, and file reports with relevant authorities.

If your solution is just "ban GOONS" I think most will agree that is completely unreasonable and wrong (for the same reason I outlined above, it would be very easy to have any alliance banned if all you had to do was fake an instance of someone posting a video in a private Discord server.)

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Thats incorrect.  One was a Intel Op, others were Kill Spies.

Only two intel ops were related to GOONS spying on TGH, I can pull the reports if you need me to publicly prove you're wrong (again).

Other spy attacks may have occurred, but they weren't from GOONS.

• Upvote 1

Queen of Chaos

Guest Viva Miriya
1 hour ago, Alex said:

Looking forward to be shot to death by the G MEN because some guy ate fish food on the internet. Thank you @Alex

Edited by Viva Miriya

2 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Dude, the things you're pretending to be outraged about didn't even happen. If you're going to go on a faux moralistic crusade to try to get your browser game enemies banned and sent to prison at least get the facts right.

A) Nobody has ever been forced to pay real life money for anything relating to this game. People who attempt to pay money to join our alliance get laughed at, ridiculed, generally banned from our channels, and most definitely are not allowed to join us.

2) The mercy board terms work as follows: We raid a lot of people. Occasionally, some of those people ask us to stop raiding them. In the case of most other alliances, those pleas would be ignored, but we in our great mercy do offer peace to these people on the condition that they join our Discord mercy board channel and complete one of several trials presented for them, from which they may choose one. Those would usually consist of either writing a short essay about a humorous topic such as the ethics of stealing fizzy lifting drinks, drawing a mspaint comic about, say, Arrgh being bad, or singing/rapping a song, or doing something silly on video like the DBZ fusion dance or, yes, eating something gross. There was never any pressure to choose the latter over any of the other options, and usually quite the opposite because quite a lot of us think mspaint comics are more entertaining than watching someone in a dumb mask eat fish flakes. And when they do something we find sufficiently funny, we often end up inviting them to join GOONS as well, because they are likely to jive well with our sense of humor. We've recruited a couple people this way already.

Your repeated insistence that our alliance is somehow morally abhorrent for seeking humour in a game we play is, quite frankly, ludicrous, and it is transparently obvious that you don't actually care and are just playing to every possible angle to win one over on us for your own reasons. It's kinda sad, to be frank.

Edited by Teaspoon
  • Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Teaspoon said:

Dude, the things you're pretending to be outraged about didn't even happen. If you're going to go on a faux moralistic crusade to try to get your browser game enemies banned and sent to prison at least get the facts right.

A) Nobody has ever been forced to pay real life money for anything relating to this game. People who attempt to pay money to join our alliance get laughed at, ridiculed, generally banned from our channels, and most definitely are not allowed to join us.

2) The mercy board terms work as follows: We raid a lot of people. Occasionally, some of those people ask us to stop raiding them. In the case of most other alliances, those pleas would be ignored, but we in our great mercy do offer peace to these people on the condition that they join our Discord mercy board channel and complete one of several trials presented for them, from which they may choose one. Those would usually consist of either writing a short essay about a humorous topic such as the ethics of stealing fizzy lifting drinks, drawing a mspaint comic about, say, Arrgh being bad, or singing/rapping a song, or doing something silly on video like the DBZ fusion dance or, yes, eating something gross. There was never any pressure to choose the latter over any of the other options, and usually quite the opposite because quite a lot of us think mspaint comics are more entertaining than watching someone in a dumb mask eat fish flakes. And when they do something we find sufficiently funny, we often end up inviting them to join GOONS as well, because they are likely to jive well with our sense of humor. We've recruited a couple people this way already.

Your repeated insistence that our alliance is somehow morally abhorrent for seeking humour in a game we play is, quite frankly, ludicrous, and it is transparently obvious that you don't actually care and are just playing to every possible angle to win one over on us for your own reasons. It's kinda sad, to be frank.

When your "seeking humor" results in outright criminal behavior, then not only is your alliance morally abhorrent but in fact you are, especially considering you somehow don't see anything wrong with such monstrous actions.

You are a absolutely terrible person IRL and should be ashamed.

Guest John Q Listener
41 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

When your "seeking humor" results in outright criminal behavior, then not only is your alliance morally abhorrent but in fact you are, especially considering you somehow don't see anything wrong with such monstrous actions.

You are a absolutely terrible person IRL and should be ashamed.

I would like to highlight that this is both OOC, out-of-game, and an unsubstantiated assault on the character of a bunch of people. If you have evidence of illegal activities, then you should report that to the relevant authorities. Currently it appears that you neither evidence, nor were you involved.

Please cease your unsubstantiated attacks, thanks.

4 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

When your "seeking humor" results in outright criminal behavior

Good thing that never happened and that therefore the rest of your post is meaningless drivel, eh?

Edited by Teaspoon
  • Upvote 1

Now day cowz cn hav funn da Gam is juss gettin start.

Lotta legwlkrs brethin' bout GOONS bein crmnal, but don liek win da troof comez out. GOONS let u Ms paint ur way outta gettin ur cities blowing upp. Days prty generus in our boohks.

Sinsteerly,

Da Cowz

• Upvote 1

free_vacation_coupon.png

On 12/8/2019 at 4:35 PM, John Q Listener said:

I would like to highlight that this is both OOC, out-of-game, and an unsubstantiated assault on the character of a bunch of people. If you have evidence of illegal activities, then you should report that to the relevant authorities. Currently it appears that you neither evidence, nor were you involved.

Please cease your unsubstantiated attacks, thanks.

I have in fact reported your illegal activities to the relevant authorities and advised the administrator on how to handle your most excessive criminal behavior elsewhere. I will not elaborate further, as that would indeed be OOC.

I will however maintain that your facade of innocence is explicitly in-character and undermining it is a purely in-character attack with plentiful evidence supporting it. So, by all means, please do continue to try and threaten me with your private moderator army. They can either prove me right, or they can prove that they've not yet been corrupted by your pathetic lies. Either way, you lose, entirely in-character.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

GOONS have become to toxic, don't think there is any good excuse to keep propping them up. Unless wanting to be grouped in with the lowest denominator.

Their frivolous report, mercy board & toxic to all around them will eventually make even their allies intolerable. Hope NPO and BK make a the right choice.

RIP GOONS

libertyribbon.png