Something to consider

souparmon

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:31:07 PM
basically with DB I constantly have to show war dodging doesn't pay off

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:31:17 PM
but tbh only way to do that is to kill everyone not fighting

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:32:08 PM
but yeah the lesson I've learned is nothing is good enough for people other than an outright curbstomp from the get-go

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:32:14 PM
like all these alliances whine and stuff no matter what

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:32:22 PM
if it's not easy mode

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:32:55 PM
and i've been checking the incomes of some of the smaller alliances that complain

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:33:01 PM
and they're way better off than we've been

underlordgc9/26/2019, 7:33:45 PM
we just need to acadia them

underlordgc9/26/2019, 7:34:02 PM
a few dozen beatdowns will harden them up

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:37:53 PM(edited 9/26/2019, 7:38:00 PM)
it's really counterproductive to have all these alliances sitting out and showing there's an ability to get away with it

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:38:18 PM
wel that would need to happen to the others as well tbh

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:38:42 PM
and there's a big difference since DEIC/acadia actually got people angry and hated people back

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:38:59 PM
while here it's princess adrienne loves you just don't help the IQ

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:39:07 PM
or mhearl's new rose sphere

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:39:30 PM
or fark is paving an independent path so you don't have to meatshield for those evil guys who insist on a surrender

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:39:37 PM
buorhann is a saint etc.

underlordgc9/27/2019, 10:07:29 PM
hmmm

underlordgc9/27/2019, 10:07:43 PM
in 3 days they'll have their surrender chance again

underlordgc9/27/2019, 10:08:42 PM(edited 9/27/2019, 10:10:11 PM)
but, october is such an Inauspicious time for surrendering

underlordgc9/27/2019, 10:09:00 PM
November is much better imho

underlordgc9/27/2019, 10:09:33 PM
I propose we replace ng and sphinx with george and myself so that we can ensure their won;t be an october peace

QueenPhoenixLTS11/1/2019, 3:47:44 PM
I don't really have a problem with t$ being in the talks, unless we specifically have a war objective on them we haven't fulfilled?

underlordgc11/1/2019, 3:49:04 PM
Yes

underlordgc11/1/2019, 3:49:11 PM
They have whales still

TheNG11/1/2019, 3:50:12 PM
They would also presumably want peace for their prots

TheNG11/1/2019, 3:50:32 PM
Which I don’t think we’re interested in right now

Leo the Great11/1/2019, 4:43:02 PM
Well we gotta ask

Leo the Great11/1/2019, 4:43:15 PM
Will they all be dead by the time talks conclude?

Leo the Great11/1/2019, 4:43:33 PM
And if not couldn’t we throw on “no one above 1k infra” terms

TheNG11/1/2019, 4:46:18 PM
I mean there’s plenty of ways to slow down talks

TheNG11/1/2019, 4:46:29 PM
We have reps demands in our back pocket

TheNG11/1/2019, 4:46:40 PM
The various humiliating joke terms

underlordgc11/1/2019, 4:46:41 PM
This isn't demands time though

Roquentin11/1/2019, 5:59:54 PM
yeah I  mea it's stupid to include tS

Roquentin11/1/2019, 5:59:58 PM
they sitll have tons of inffra

Roquentin11/1/2019, 6:00:03 PM
and we haven't pierced owr/carth much

Roquentin11/1/2019, 6:00:43 PM
it's just keep in mind tS was at 2250 based off us getting rolled since it was always leopold's objective to o2250 and he felt dumb for staing at 2k

Roquentin11/1/2019, 6:01:20 PM
I think people just need to look at the facts that their side can outproduce most people in peace

Roquentin11/1/2019, 6:01:32 PM
so limiting attriton by ending early with low infra desruction is dumb

Roquentin11/1/2019, 6:01:42 PM
it's not a everyone wins game in that regards it's zero sum

Roquentin11/1/2019, 6:01:49 PM
and it turns into heir pre-AC gameplan

Roquentin11/1/2019, 6:01:52 PM
they build up people

Leo the Great11/1/2019, 6:01:53 PM
I don’t think the discussion was about about actually finding peace

Leo the Great11/1/2019, 6:02:08 PM
Rather two different ways of prolonging it till they are dead

Roquentin11/1/2019, 6:02:17 PM
ah

Roquentin11/1/2019, 6:02:26 PM
well the not including thme is a goood stlal tactic

Leo the Great11/1/2019, 6:02:33 PM
Drag peace talks vs insist on separating them

Roquentin11/1/2019, 6:02:44 PM
separate talks for anyone not kertchogg proper

• Like 1

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.

20 minutes ago, ArcKnox said:

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:38:59 PM
while here it's princess adrienne loves you just don't help the IQ

Roquentin9/26/2019, 7:39:07 PM
or mhearl's new rose sphere

@Roquentin, @Adrienne is a Queen, not a princess. You've better accept that. :v

Maybe if you showed to your allies 10% of the "love" Adrienne shows to her enemies, your side wouldn't bleed so many allianes. I think you are using that stick far too much. Just a friendly advice.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Maybe if you showed to your allies 10% of the "love" Adrienne shows to her enemies, your side wouldn't bleed so many allianes. I think you are using that stick far too much. Just a friendly advice.

Unfortunately they're just not as committed as Roq is to taking out the trash

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We can't make anything less intensive or 100% risk-free for anyone so it's always easy and not burdensome at all.  Even though he's being sarcastic the point about commitment is very pertinent as the point is pertinent as newer/less entrenched alliances will be more enticed to ditch because it's easy to see it "if I get out of the way, I'll be on easy street."

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Roquentin said:

We can't make anything less intensive or 100% risk-free for anyone so it's always easy and not burdensome at all.  Even though he's being sarcastic the point about commitment is very pertinent as the point is pertinent as newer/less entrenched alliances will be more enticed to ditch because it's easy to see it "if I get out of the way, I'll be on easy street."

Or maybe you shouldn't hold on to 3.5 year (or longer) grudges ahab

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Even though he's being sarcastic the point about commitment is very pertinent as the point is pertinent as newer/less entrenched alliances will be more enticed to ditch because it's easy to see it "if I get out of the way, I'll be on easy street."

I was dead serious actually, but seeing that's the default mode for you to read others' posts, I guess you won't be able to follow the advice anyway. That's ok. Just don't get irritated with the princesses and queens though.

Instead of forcing people to fight for you, you could try to make them want to fight for you. Showing "love" and similar feelings does that to people and gives you loyalty. 

Go with the stick though. It suits you.

Edited by Ripper
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AppealDenied said:

If you wanted to try and close the war, this isn't the way to do it.

I think after reading the logs that there's this little problem called COALITION B IS TRYING TO KILL THE GAME that makes me think peace isn't an option

If your alliance disagree with the rest of coalition B you know where you can find our leaders to continue the peace talks

No wait, you can't because if you peace they will roll you :v

3 minutes ago, Micchan said:

I think after reading the logs that there's this little problem called COALITION B IS TRYING TO KILL THE GAME that makes me think peace isn't an option

If your alliance disagree with the rest of coalition B you know where you can find our leaders to continue the peace talks

No wait, you can't because if you peace they will roll you :v

GOONS stake in the peace talks has already been leaked, the rest of the terms came from (shockingly) the rest of the coalition. If you have a problem with them, take it up with them.

The thought that GOONS would abandon their allies is incredibly idiotic, so is the thought that we somehow want out but are afraid of being rolled.

• Upvote 3

Queen of Chaos

6 minutes ago, AppealDenied said:

Speaking poorly of enemies and neutral of coalition allies? What a shocking revelation!!

The shocking thing is that this mealy mouthed bullshit is the best damage control IQ could come up with.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ArcKnox said:

The shocking thing is that this mealy mouthed bullshit is the best damage control IQ could come up with.

You'll note that GOONS leadership has been very consistent about this and that we're only involved because of TGHs mass spying. Leave us out of your weird blood feud with IQ (which no longer exists).

• Upvote 2

Queen of Chaos

1 minute ago, AppealDenied said:

You'll note that GOONS leadership has been very consistent about this and that we're only involved because of TGHs mass spying. Leave us out of your weird blood feud with IQ (which no longer exists).

And yet here you are, in another thread not really about GOONS, defending your masters in IQ

Edited by Bartholomew Roberts

6 minutes ago, AppealDenied said:

GOONS stake in the peace talks has already been leaked, the rest of the terms came from (shockingly) the rest of the coalition. If you have a problem with them, take it up with them.

The thought that GOONS would abandon their allies is incredibly idiotic, so is the thought that we somehow want out but are afraid of being rolled.

If you want coalition peace then you have to accept that the war will not end until they are happy, and they will be happy only if we delete

So telling us that there's something we can do to change this situation is stupid

1 minute ago, Micchan said:

If you want coalition peace then you have to accept that the war will not end until they are happy, and they will be happy only if we delete

So telling us that there's something we can do to change this situation is stupid

What's amazing is saying this after logs where you say you want to roll an alliance until they disband are dropped

4 minutes ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

And yet here you are, in another thread not really about GOONS, defending your masters in IQ

If you think GOONS is controlled by the remaining members of OD you are going to have a very bad 2020.

1 minute ago, Micchan said:

I'm pretty sure negotiations had commenced, and your side walked away. So, to think we wouldn't accept peace is a silly narrative.

Just now, ArcKnox said:

What's amazing is saying this after logs where you say you want to roll an alliance until they disband are dropped

Check the logs where DNFJ/Clicksey specifically is called out by Roq for not really caring about the war in the first place. Then again when Roq confirms GOONS is only joining because of TGH.

GOONS is having fun, if that leads to the disbandment of an alliance due to inactivity that sucks but I also don't particularly care. 

• Upvote 2

Queen of Chaos

1 minute ago, AppealDenied said:

If you think GOONS is controlled by the remaining members of OD you are going to have a very bad 2020.

I'm pretty sure negotiations had commenced, and your side walked away. So, to think we wouldn't accept peace is a silly narrative.

From publicly available information, this is straight up false. (For reference, Go see T$'s entire post on this issue)

I don't sleep enough

Also, I am an Keynesian Utilitarian

Lastly, Hello world

1 minute ago, ArcKnox said:

Screenshot_20191205-204508_Discord.jpg

Why are you talking about yourself in the third person?

Note the username and joke Nick, as there's currently about 20 "Jazz" manifestations in GOONS discord.

• Upvote 1

Queen of Chaos

"There has been too much violence, too much pain. None here are without sin, but I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Leave the pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I spare your lives. Just walk away. I will give you safe passage in the wasteland. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror. I await your answer. You have one full day to decide."

- Lord Humungus

Just some wise words for everyone... ?

Improper-Request-2.gif

55 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Oh please.  You have all of a few jokes and offhand comments worth of evidence for this claim.  The beginning of the peace process has been put forth by Col B, it is not our problem if Col A refuses to take that first step.  It is absolutely ridiculous to claim that just because we want to negotiate with one of the parties we're at war with first before settling anything else, that disbandment is being enacted as a matter of policy for the rest.  Were peace reached with said negotiable party, and Col B continued to refuse to grant terms, then you might have an argument.

Edited by Sardonic

3 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

It's a fair bit more than a "few" jokes and offhand comments and it's backed up by the actions your coalition representatives have undertaken. That's the larger issue here - that we have not seen any genuine action being undertaken by Coalition B as a unit towards peace. I understand not everyone agrees and that coalitions have differing viewpoints and concerns among different member alliances but your coalition's appointed reps have held an uncompromising stance towards splitting our coalition and undermining our ability to negotiate amongst other actions such as delaying t$'s peace talks. Any one of these actions on their own could perhaps have been overlooked but the combination of all of them, regardless of leaks, have made it fairly obvious that they were not serious about peace during the three weeks we were working with them during. During the same time period, we made multiple concessions in an attempt to negotiate and none of those actions were reciprocated.

We've been fairly clear with our stance here but maybe it's gotten lost amid all the recent leaks and drama. We took the first step when we publicly posted our offer to surrender. We have not rescinded them. None of what we're asking for is ridiculous or uncalled for and we made these overtures in private first. If we thought leaving it at that would have sufficed, we wouldn't have come here, but between how our requests were handled there and the narrative that we were the ones delaying talks despite all our best efforts to negotiate and come to an agreement with your coalition, we felt like publicly addressing our issues and concerns and making clear the progress of negotiations up until that point was necessary.

We are willing to negotiate though and we've made it clear what it'll take to get us back to the table. We still agree to surrendering as a term. All we're asking for is for talks to be conducted straightforwardly, with all terms presented upfront and all coalition members included. That's it.

Partisan actually did rescind them.

• Upvote 1

Queen of Chaos

Just now, AppealDenied said:

Partisan actually did rescind them.

From the announcement where we walked away from talks:

On 11/20/2019 at 2:06 PM, Prefonteen said:

Our offer to surrender jointly will continue to stand, as will our offer to negotiate the terms one by one (chronologically) once the full, detailed list of terms has been published.

/s/ All Coalition A Combatants

Reveal hidden contents

Arrgh
Aurora
Carthago
Church of Atom
Church of Spaceology
Empyrea
The Fighting Pacifists
The Golden Horde
Grumpy Old Bastards
Guardian
House Stark
Knights Templar
The Knights Radiant
Oblivion
Order of the White Rose
Rose
Sanreizan
Seven Kingdoms
Silenzio
Soup Kitchen
The Syndicate/The Enterprise
Terminus Est
Typhon
Valinor
and all associated fighters

If that misunderstanding was part of the concerns from your coalition, hopefully that's cleared up now.

BrOQBND.jpg