Something to consider

souparmon

3 hours ago, Lancer said:

No, Ive been lurking around for a while.

You seem to have a weird obsession with insulting them. Could it be you care more about the microverse then you want to let on?

No we just can't help ourselves when someone presents an easy lay-up.

12 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

>lalalalalalalala we'll continue to coerce minors into doing things because AAs we think are bad tell us it's a terrible idea

Nobody is being coerced into anything, champ.

i2FSAiF.gif

33 minutes ago, dragonshardz said:

Nobody is being coerced into anything, champ.

I can't figure out if you're a legit moron or you simply don't know the definition of that word.

• Downvote 1

As much as this pains me, I have agree with war-hippo on this one, either permawar or some self-humiliation for getting left alone for a micro on Orbis, is pretty much coercion, it´s not as fast as gun to your head and do it because destroying an AA or even a single nation´s   drive to keep existing on Orbis takes more time, but it´s close enough.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Goon's take heed.  Where there is a power differential between two parties, an abuse of the power exists unless steps are taken to moderate it.  By power differential I mean any situation where you have the capacity to influence a decision or have any sort of unequal impact upon another.  This includes having someone (absurdly) desire to join your alliance, you're automatically in a position of influence over that person.  When the poo hits the fan, standing back and saying 'I didn't make them do it your honor', or 'it was all just a bit of fun' are not defenses.  I'd remind you that IRL people suicide over this online stuff, it is quite serious.  Young people in particular need to be protected from themselves and those that would take advantage of them, and given the grotesque virtue signalling littered about the OWF by Goons in other threads I expected you to agree.  Your actions and opinions as published in this thread unfortunately indicate your OOC persona's disturbingly resemble your IC ones (who'd ever have thought it).  Goons grow up please, I can put up with your collective idiocy IC, but screwing with young people OOC (yes even if they're laughing you're still screwing with them) is not cool.  If I was that boy's old man you'd be getting a message with a distinctly different tone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Celer Et Audax

The leaks were deleted before I could see them, but I'll only say this regarding the OP.

You had an opportunity to change the dynamic of this war, and you almost went for it. You had people warning you that IQ would be likely to attack farksphere following the conclusion of the war when their was nobody to oppose them, and you ignored it. You were warned by members and allies alike that coalition b could not be trusted, and you ignored them.

I don't think you can take any form of moral high ground on anything. I was utterly, utterly disgusted when you refused to enter the war, and it was at that point I started looking for another alliance. I care little for the reaction of members of Fark or the alliances related to it to this post, because I have always spoken in a fashion I saw as correct, and I believe certain things must be left into the open.

The things some are willing to sacrifice for pixels...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buorhann said:

>lalalalalalalala we'll continue to coerce minors into doing things because AAs we think are bad tell us it's a terrible idea

I'd rather have the comedy option of folks eating bird seed on film for peace instead of constantly harassing folks with lynching "jokes", Buorhann. Pretty certain one of these things is not like the other. Of course I could be wrong! You might want to confer with your confederates in KT.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Comrade Marx said:

I'd rather have the comedy option of folks eating bird seed on film for peace instead of constantly harassing folks with lynching "jokes", Buorhann. Pretty certain one of these things is not like the other. Of course I could be wrong! You might want to confer with your confederates in KT.

Not sure how "making kids do embarrassing shit for your own personal jollies is wrong" can't be understood by GOONS here.

I'm sure if you keep trying to "gotcha" buorhann it'll all make sense though.

Edited by Bartholomew Roberts
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Not sure how "making kids do embarrassing shit for your own personal jollies is wrong" can't be understood by GOONS here.

Lots of things can't be understood by goons very easily, it seems. I'm wondering if a reason might exist to explain why goons have problems with some basic concepts, if someone can think of something that might explain it please do let me know.

Just now, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Selective reading comprehension when it suits you? Nobody coerced folks to do the food options. They had an essay and MSPaint comic option available to them as well. They also could have just chosen not to do the Mercy Boards at all. But please keep harping on a false narrative that what we're doing is somehow some crime against humanity while the most vocal criticisms are coming from alliances known to spam slurs at people and harass them incessantly. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, dancemasterlee said:

All the garbage crying about the mercy-board, happen to be the same ones that have no issue with rampant racism,homophobia,trans-phobia etc and many cases promote it etc I wonder why.

alas the mercyboard is going no-where

giphy.gif

Actually your own ally called mercy board's "essentially abhorrent" and said that "when we were in a position to do something about it in Orbis, we did" following up with "I do hope it doesn't return in any shape or form in PnW again"

Keep in mind this was just referring to MS Paint drawings and not requiring people to eat fish food. 

The narrative that it's just Nazis upset about trying to bullying people into this is invalid 

Edited by Smith
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

C0r3Fye.png

Just now, Smith said:

Actually your own ally called mercy board's "essentially abhorrent" and said that "when we were in a position to do something about it in Orbis, we did" following up with "I do hope it doesn't return in any shape or form in PnW again"

Keep in mind this was just referring to MS Paint drawings and not requiring people to eat fish food. 

Not only is Smith a weenie, he can't read either.

3 minutes ago, Smith said:

The narrative that it's just Nazis upset about trying to bullying people into this is invalid 

So if we listen to everything NPO tells us to do, we're shills. If we don't listen to everything they tell us to do, we're abhorrent amoral people who should be stomped from existence

Neat.

• Upvote 1

Queen of Chaos

1 minute ago, Comrade Marx said:

Not only is Smith a weenie, he can't read either.

I skimmed through this thread so maybe I missed this being addressed? But right now I just see attempts to discredit the people upset with OOC bullying rather than addressing the bullying itself. As somebody who has also frequently spoken up against the racism, sexism, etc in this game long before GOONS got here this is also something that is important to be addressed and should not just be swept under the rug because KT/TGH have done terrible things too

Just now, AppealDenied said:

So if we listen to everything NPO tells us to do, we're shills. If we don't listen to everything they tell us to do, we're abhorrent amoral people who should be stomped from existence

Neat.

Incorrect. I am pointing out the narrative that it's only Nazi sympathizers who do not like this as demonstrably false. 

C0r3Fye.png

1 minute ago, AppealDenied said:

Neat.

I think perhaps the NPO might find this resource useful. Goons clearly have some issues that require fixing in that department.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/making-time-for-books-at-home

Guest PhantomThiefB
6 hours ago, Buorhann said:

I hope your not one that supports breaking the rules. As @Alex has stated multiple times minors playing PnW is against the rules. Here's proof

1 hour ago, Etatsorp said:

Goon's take heed.  Where there is a power differential between two parties, an abuse of the power exists unless steps are taken to moderate it.  By power differential I mean any situation where you have the capacity to influence a decision or have any sort of unequal impact upon another.  This includes having someone (absurdly) desire to join your alliance, you're automatically in a position of influence over that person.  When the poo hits the fan, standing back and saying 'I didn't make them do it your honor', or 'it was all just a bit of fun' are not defenses.  I'd remind you that IRL people suicide over this online stuff, it is quite serious.  Young people in particular need to be protected from themselves and those that would take advantage of them, and given the grotesque virtue signalling littered about the OWF by Goons in other threads I expected you to agree.  Your actions and opinions as published in this thread unfortunately indicate your OOC persona's disturbingly resemble your IC ones (who'd ever have thought it).  Goons grow up please, I can put up with your collective idiocy IC, but screwing with young people OOC (yes even if they're laughing you're still screwing with them) is not cool.  If I was that boy's old man you'd be getting a message with a distinctly different tone.

Wow that's one hell of a glass house there bud. I'd like to remind everyone that Instagram, Twitter, and Snap Chat all exist. Millennials such as SupremePatty are quite literally famous for doing stupid shit like eating dog food, or squeezing lemons into their own eyes if you honestly think what GOONs are doing is that bad why aren't you guys actively trying to stop IRL shit like - again - SupremePatty who actually have influence over young individuals which for some insane reason they look up to as role models. And more importantly if you have been, why is it organizations such as Instagram have yet to permanently ban these individuals. I think it's a hell of a lot more concerning that Instagram has yet to ban a user like SupremePatty over Alex worrying about an optional term that an individual has chosen to partake in. 

Also I needn't remind you all of the "Tide pod challenge" that happened a few years back. In comparison at least GOONs aren't asking these people to eat poisonous liquids that will kill those who decide to "be a man" or whatever the hell terms they're using to justify the stupidity happening in the younger generations. The point being that these kids will likely do stupid or illogical things like eating cat food regardless of if GOONs ask them to or not as a Mercy Board term.

As far as kids go in this game thought, see my reply to Bourhann. It is against the rules for anyone 13 or under to play.

11 minutes ago, SleepingNinja said:

I hope your not one that supports breaking the rules. As @Alex has stated multiple times minors playing PnW is against the rules. Here's proof

Wow that's one hell of a glass house there bud. I'd like to remind everyone that Instagram, Twitter, and Snap Chat all exist. Millennials such as SupremePatty are quite literally famous for doing stupid shit like eating dog food, or squeezing lemons into their own eyes if you honestly think what GOONs are doing is that bad why aren't you guys actively trying to stop IRL shit like - again - SupremePatty who actually have influence over young individuals which for some insane reason they look up to as role models. And more importantly if you have been, why is it organizations such as Instagram have yet to permanently ban these individuals. I think it's a hell of a lot more concerning that Instagram has yet to ban a user like SupremePatty over Alex worrying about an optional term that an individual has chosen to partake in. 

Also I needn't remind you all of the "Tide pod challenge" that happened a few years back. In comparison at least GOONs aren't asking these people to eat poisonous liquids that will kill those who decide to "be a man" or whatever the hell terms they're using to justify the stupidity happening in the younger generations. The point being that these kids will likely do stupid or illogical things like eating cat food regardless of if GOONs ask them to or not as a Mercy Board term.

As far as kids go in this game thought, see my reply to Bourhann. It is against the rules for anyone 13 or under to play.

Don’t you dare defend your alliance with it forcing people to do degrading things such as eating dog food or fish flakes to get **peace** by comparing it to famous influencers doing the same thing for popularity. One is doing it to remain relevant, the other forced to do it otherwise they’ll be perma warred and eventually dragged out of the game.

Edited by Cypher
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SleepingNinja said:

It's not okay for people to bully children because they played a video game before they should, what is wrong with you? 

• Upvote 1

C0r3Fye.png

Guest PhantomThiefB
7 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Don’t you dare defend your alliance with it forcing people to do degrading things such as eating dog food or fish flakes to get **peace** by saying famous influencers were doing the same thing for popularity. One is doing it to remain relevant, the other forced to do it otherwise they’ll be dragged out of the game.

Reading comprehension ftw. First off, I'm not GOONs and would never go so far. I simply don't care that much to ask people for anything in exchange for peace. Second of all nobody forced anyone to do anything. At least 5-8 GOONs members all said it the optional. But since you lack clear definitions, your welcome.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Optional

As far as the famous influencers go, it's more likely that people are accepting the "eating of X food" due to them, which is why I brought it up. Rather then GOONs "forcing" them to as you guys put it.

Now all that said could you please point me to where NPO leadership has ever conducted mercy boards? Since you've accused me of such as well now.

@Smith At what point did I say it was okay? And your also fine with breaking Alex's terms and conditions? I literally put a link where Alex himself states anyone 13 and under are not allowed to play PnW, how is that bullying?

Just now, SleepingNinja said:

@Smith At what point did I say it was okay? And your also fine with breaking Alex's terms and conditions? I literally put a link where Alex himself states anyone 13 and under are not allowed to play PnW, how is that bullying?

That you are focusing on a 11 year old ignoring the sign up policy to a text-based browser game instead of fully grown adults asking for that 11 year old child to expose their face is very concerning to me. 

• Upvote 4

C0r3Fye.png

13 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Don’t you dare defend your alliance with it forcing people to do degrading things such as eating dog food or fish flakes to get **peace** by comparing it to famous influencers doing the same thing for popularity. One is doing it to remain relevant, the other forced to do it otherwise they’ll be perma warred and eventually dragged out of the game.

"forced"

It's adorable how you people like to FORCE this narrative.  Ignore the fact that the entire mercy board is an OPTION.  Nobody is being "perma warred (sic)", nobody is being "dragged out of the game".  This community being on its heels about goons culture is absolutely adorable, however.  You call US children?  I have never seen a more pathetic group of people whine so much about a game and how people play it.  Get over it.  Plot our demise.  We'll be fine.

• Downvote 2

Guest PhantomThiefB
Just now, Smith said:

That you are focusing on a 11 year old ignoring the sign up policy to a text-based browser game instead of fully grown adults asking for that 11 year old child to expose their face is very concerning to me. 

1. Did they know the user was 11 when asking them of this?

2. If so, yes obviously that's tactless. But I highly doubt it's the case here. Which is why it isn't a focus for me.

3. I'm just as concerned with that as I am that children are here reading all of our replies. Mercy boards be damned, this forum itself is simply not an appropriate environment for an 11 year old. 

@SleepingNinja  Taking advantage of kids is never ok.  Your mercy board is taking advantage of kids.  You and all your Goon friends are wrong to think otherwise.  I don’t care if someone else did it worse, it’s still not ok.  Grow some balls and admit you’re wrong.

• Upvote 4

Celer Et Audax

15 minutes ago, SleepingNinja said:

OOC:  Change only happens on a personal level. Fighting for better conditions within our own microcosms is the only way to make a difference. Just because there are wrongs in other places in the world doesn't mean it should paralyze you from doing what's right within your own life.

• Upvote 2