To clArify, the baseballs that are my sons are the ones that I hit.

Madokami

1 minute ago, CandyShi said:

Well “The facts don’t care about your [or my] feelings”. 

1 minute ago, CandyShi said:

Looks like someone didn’t read Alex’s ruling.

unknown.png

it is a metaphor *FOR BASEBALL*

you are literally the worst poster i have ever seen

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Making the “ur mad lol” argument is exactly the kind of thing people do when they have no argument to begin with.

You’d have to be dense to not see how this could be interpreted badly. Alex ruling that questionable content can be used as long as 1) it’s a quote and 2) it’s “metaphorical” is opening a door that shouldn’t be opened.

• Upvote 4

i2FSAiF.gif

18 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Making the “ur mad lol” argument is exactly the kind of thing people do when they have no argument to begin with.

You’d have to be dense to not see how this could be interpreted badly. Alex ruling that questionable content can be used as long as 1) it’s a quote and 2) it’s “metaphorical” is opening a door that shouldn’t be opened.

HMM

unknown (1).png

9 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Looks like someone didn’t read Alex’s ruling.

275704650011211.png

Edited by lightningjim

4 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Yes, does a metaphor being about baseball make it not a metaphor?
My point is you open a dangerous door, a poem that can be interpreted as beating children OR about baseball isn’t ok.

Not to mention that if this Mr. Baseball has other baseball related poems, it would be easy to change. 

a poem, full of nothing but baseball-related familial imagery as a metaphor for baseball concepts. is somehow about beating children to you. also, you don't get to dictate what anyone else puts on their nation page.

4 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

You also call me the worst poster, after you spam replied to every one of my posts with a ? emoji for a solid 10 mins. 

Edit: and I mean REPLY not react.

emot-cawg.gif.4ad86c69c088a4fa6dd9c2bd05ea51cb.gifemot-cawg.gif.b768659aebebfeb0aa021bdb616e90e5.gifemot-cawg.gif.979c697a5359c56254630e8df89b5c4c.gifemot-cawg.gif.293132c84ca9399e3ce23578636c96d7.gifemot-cawg.gif.726f1b360924c1f73432da529a30c072.gifemot-cawg.gif.e7a653f4609a51d0472131cc5d59bf58.gifemot-cawg.gif.b5b4cde8ee49c6bd7160fe20815cec8f.gifemot-cawg.gif.5aa6dbb03aaf3ea5ba4e594ff3a2673a.gifemot-cawg.gif.7872e7258dc829c85a748c64caa1796e.gif

Edited by ChloeJessica
  • Downvote 1

I don't think you understand the creative intent of the poem-like tweet at all.

The baseballs aren't his children until they've been struck by the bat. This "big bang" of bat meeting ball is what creates a cherished life for the writer, Mr. Baseball.

Mr. Baseball specifically states that all the balls that get past him are no children of his whatsoever. He denies them existence.

You can ascribe anthropomorphic qualities to a baseball that you've struck all you want in order to make it feel more important to you, without it being about violence against children.

Have you ever had children, OP? Do you have any pets? Are you thinking of hitting them with a baseball bat? Don't!

Improper-Request-2.gif

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, durmij said:

@Chief Wiggum just lock this nonsense. how is it appropriate for orbis central?

Genius. :v

4 minutes ago, Madokami said:

@Chief Wiggum I'd like to ask, in the capacity of a private citizen and not a mod, what's your opinion on this?

To be 100% honest, personally it took me some time to realize the poem could have a non-innocent perspective.

In any case, if you have a report to make, just do so at the corresponding subforum. @CandyShi likewise.