Jump to content
Kastor

Terms for KETOG

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

I would love to see shark week as much as the next guy but it needs to be at GOONS' own risk and not protected by a term in a clause.

What you’re suggesting would put Goons on a level playing field, a situation they’ve apparently yet to experience, and one I’m sure they’re keen to avoid in the interests of sustaining their regularly self-advertised war fighting rep.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

explain to me how it's okay to selectively police "bad posters" while simultaneously helping an alliance of cheaters/pedophiles/nazis push a term that makes fun of starving Africans?

I would think that this would need to be addressed under the "bad posters" clauses we have yet to see fully negotiated between the two sides.

If anyone, cheaters/pedophiles/racists/sexists/nazis are exactly the sort of people that should be run out of the game's community on a permanent basis.

On a completely unrelated topic, how sold are people on the name "Memesphere?" Personally I am Anti-"Memesphere."

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

On a completely unrelated topic, how sold are people on the name "Memesphere?" Personally I am Anti-"Memesphere."

As far as I know, only Malal refers to IQ as memesphere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

If anyone, cheaters/pedophiles/racists/sexists/nazis are exactly the sort of people that should be run out of the game's community on a permanent basis.

No one is contending that these people shouldn’t be welcome here, and aside completely from the notion that you’re talking about crossing the IC/OOC boundary, it is contended that Goons have:

1. Any sort of moral authority upon which to make public claims against this purported behaviour.

2. The capability and inclination to assess allegations of this sort of behaviour on its merits, and make a fair judgement.

This is supported by point that the majority of Goons posts devolve into ‘no u’ nonsense the minute they’re challenged.

You might claim, and argue finicky legalities that Goons making value judgements of others posts is not the same as censorship, I actually agree from a certain perspective!  However it has massive scope to turn into a bullying tactic. Another type of behaviour not welcome in this community IMO, and a tactic that I wouldn’t knowingly facilitate.

Anyway I think it much better that forum moderation and gameplay remain seperate.  Even if you’re not talking about using a peace term to exact IC retribution for OOC activities, coalition B has stifled this game for long enough without putting in place terms that stifle the OWF for another 12 months as well.  If you are crossing boundaries however, all forms of IRL criminal activity (as suggested) that finds its way into this community should be reported appropriately in the first instance, and left well alone in the second.

Edited by Etatsorp
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because being the self appointed moral police of the universe went SO well for the last alliance that tried it lmfao.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

Shark Week is not dependent on the peace jazz.

Likewise...

Direct this to CoA's leadership. CoB is willing to discuss this, but this is the thread where they've stopped trying.

CoA can do this. Hell, I can't think of peace negotiations that have ever not been done confidentially and I joined during the Beta.

Us implies you're in CoA's group for negotiation. CoA is good to go and begin when they choose to do so. tS seems to be a little delayed, but could still start,

I'll again refer you to our initial post. All the rest flowed from there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotem

Edited by Vein 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vein 2 said:

You fukers in Col B are so damn mentally retarded, no one will accept this. Also calling yourself "memesphere" just proves your immaturity.

Show me on the doll where Coalition B hurt you buttercup. 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Show me on the doll where Coalition B hurt you buttercup. 

Ask joe

Edited by Vein 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vein 2 said:

NPO tard = opinion invalid

You know it helps when you quote an actual opinion to say an opinion is invalid, but I suppose you enjoy throwing stones from your glass house. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Hey Context Bot! I love your work. Can you help me out? I'm apparently out of the loop on contemporary leftist thought.

Can you use your powers to explain to me how it's okay to selectively police "bad posters" while simultaneously helping an alliance of cheaters/pedophiles/nazis push a term that makes fun of starving Africans?

So should we start calling them HypoGoons or Goonycrites? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

these are some really lenient terms, I guess I didn´t lobby hard enough for TKR leadership be made to atleast re-roll and their membership forcefully merged into BK.... :( 

  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Etatsorp said:

What you’re suggesting would put Goons on a level playing field, a situation they’ve apparently yet to experience, and one I’m sure they’re keen to avoid in the interests of sustaining their regularly self-advertised war fighting rep.

It is not, nor will ever be our responsibility to provide anybody with a "fair" fight.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every fight is fair. you just have to be able to identify your enemies weakness rather than obsess over their strengths 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is GOONS even getting reparations? The stepped in so late and they only attack alliances with zero military,like you can't even give them credit for helping Coalition B. (despite them cozying up to NPO stinky balls)

If reparations should be given then both sides should receive. Yarr should also receive reparations for being attacked by 40 alliances despite not being involved on the global. Other countless micros should be paid for being attacked despite not being in the global.

The Syndicate should get paid for NPO breaking their treaty and just attacking their procterate.

Articles 1-2 are sorta legit.

  • Like 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Etatsorp said:

coalition B has stifled this game for long enough without putting in place terms that stifle the OWF for another 12 months as well.  If you are crossing boundaries however, all forms of IRL criminal activity (as suggested) that finds its way into this community should be reported appropriately in the first instance, and left well alone in the second.

CoA is really doing it. You're just more friendly towards CoA than CoB so you're blaming based on that.

8 hours ago, Deulos said:

Why is GOONS even getting reparations? The stepped in so late and they only attack alliances with zero military,like you can't even give them credit for helping Coalition B. (despite them cozying up to NPO stinky balls)

Victory. As for the targets, it sucks, but CoA is hideously depleted, but haven't completed peace terms so we continue to attack them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 1:35 PM, Archibald said:

(Literally how every war goes. You should look up the treaty of versailles sometime)

I'm not trying to be mean or anything (especially since we're on the same side), but the treaty of Versaille turned out to be one of the biggest mistake that any nation in europe made in history. It was the principal reason why Hitler was mad at other powers, and the first thing that he said to his civilians to make him believe that non-aryans are bad. 

 

Learn about history before you make stupid comments.

Also, know that if we make them do whatever we want like that, they'll get mad. Really mad (and for good reasons). And what do you think will happen? At some point, even if it's in like, 2 years, they'll beat us and make even worse terms. Which would be totally normal btw.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 11:39 AM, Bartholomew Roberts said:

I was just about to ping you. How do you feel about this war and these terms and the way peace talks are going?

@Sphinx no public comment at this time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Durand said:

Also, know that if we make them do whatever we want like that, they'll get mad. Really mad (and for good reasons). And what do you think will happen? At some point, even if it's in like, 2 years, they'll beat us and make even worse terms. Which would be totally normal btw.

I dunno dude that sounds pretty interesting, i'd welcome them to try.  Without that painful edge of loss we may as well all be playing dodgeball.

Also the terms are considerably more forgiving than the treaty of versailles, but go off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

@Sphinx no public comment at this time?

I can't speak for Sphinx, but given any comment would be in negotiations and those are done privately that seems unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Durand said:

I'm not trying to be mean or anything (especially since we're on the same side), but the treaty of Versaille turned out to be one of the biggest mistake that any nation in europe made in history. It was the principal reason why Hitler was mad at other powers, and the first thing that he said to his civilians to make him believe that non-aryans are bad. 

 

Learn about history before you make stupid comments.

Also, know that if we make them do whatever we want like that, they'll get mad. Really mad (and for good reasons). And what do you think will happen? At some point, even if it's in like, 2 years, they'll beat us and make even worse terms. Which would be totally normal btw.

I'm well aware. It was just the first thing that came to mind.

The point is, wars very often end with the losing side having to mea culpa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sardonic said:

I dunno dude that sounds pretty interesting, i'd welcome them to try.  Without that painful edge of loss we may as well all be playing dodgeball.

Also the terms are considerably more forgiving than the treaty of versailles, but go off.

I mean, it's all a game at the end. We started by shwoing them quite interesting terms (by interesting I mean exagerated), but so did most leaders of any nation or alliance that has won a war, in game and irl. After, they'll show us theirs, and we'll see if we can find a middle ground.

3 minutes ago, Archibald said:

I'm well aware. It was just the first thing that came to mind.

The point is, wars very often end with the losing side having to mea culpa.

Fair enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

CoA is really doing it. You're just more friendly towards CoA than CoB so you're blaming based on that.

Victory. As for the targets, it sucks, but CoA is hideously depleted, but haven't completed peace terms so we continue to attack them.

Nope. We've been over this. TS never received terms. 

7 hours ago, Sardonic said:

I dunno dude that sounds pretty interesting, i'd welcome them to try.  Without that painful edge of loss we may as well all be playing dodgeball.

Also the terms are considerably more forgiving than the treaty of versailles, but go off.

 

2 minutes ago, Archibald said:

I'm well aware. It was just the first thing that came to mind.

The point is, wars very often end with the losing side having to mea culpa.

Goon friends. Hello. Half our coalition never received terms and has therefore been unable to mea culpa or bite the bullet even if it wanted to. Your point in that light becomes sort of moot. 

 

Can you leash Milton though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prefonteen said:

Goon friends. Hello. Half our coalition never received terms and has therefore been unable to mea culpa or bite the bullet even if it wanted to. Your point in that light becomes sort of moot. 

 

Can you leash Milton though? 

Absolutely fair, and not something I can affect, unfortunately. Just some people earlier were calling foul on that being a term at all and yeah.

Milton is a free elf.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.