Terms for KETOG

Kastor

3 minutes ago, Memph said:

I remember when Shark Week was still about hitting forum loudmouths and seeing if their alliance had the balls to defend them.

Are you the ghost of Christmas' past?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Queen of Chaos

21 hours ago, Koala said:

After seeing those terms no wonder the war hasn't ended.

This is the first time our side has seen terms 3 and 4 and there's still 6 more that are unknown because they're probably still being written and/or thought about.  

I'm guessing the last 2 or 3 are literally blank placeholders still. 

Edited by AkAk

I know what the other terms are and can post them but I can confirm that they are mostly meme terms.

all of these terms were voted and approved, the other ones weren’t. I posted those that were approved. 

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

1 hour ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Hey Context Bot! I love your work. Can you help me out? I'm apparently out of the loop on contemporary leftist thought.

Can you use your powers to explain to me how it's okay to selectively police "bad posters" while simultaneously helping an alliance of cheaters/pedophiles/nazis push a term that makes fun of starving Africans?

Simple. In game politics always takes precedent over out of game, even if those out of game politics are literally promoting violence against groups based on inborn traits. Same holds true for despicable personal acts. If you can meme or log dump, or have 20+ nations in the right range,  you can get away with a lot, thanks to short memories.

The list of alliances that raised a stink and also put their asses on the line to back it up is limited to TRF (RIP), Kosmo's Fark (RIP), and TKR. Unless I missed something during my 9 month hiatus.

Edited by durmij

14 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

We can argue about terms till we are blue in the face, but the real outrage should be that not only do people talk to Kastor, but also actually give him sensitive information.  What are you people doing? Are you out of your minds?   I mean seriously Kastor?  

Haven't a clue what you mean.

We should all give leaks to Kastor, so that he can.....

You guys should start leaking to me, and allowing me to get the upvotes. I want the upvotes, they can't all be for Kastor!

10 hours ago, Saxplayer said:

Guess GOONS will never get their Shark Week and Polaris will never get their bank back, what a shame.

Shark Week is not dependent on the peace jazz.

Move on, end this conflict gracefully, what more do any of us have to gain by dragging out this conflict.

Likewise...

End the war.

Direct this to CoA's leadership. CoB is willing to discuss this, but this is the thread where they've stopped trying.

3 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

In light of this, the maintenance of confidentiality which your coalition appears to demand (regarding peace talks) is something we can not uphold without seriously harming our own internal stability as well as our external brand. This is primarily due to factually misleading statements made by coalition B officials prior to our post, which frame coalition A as unwilling to come to the table.

CoA can do this. Hell, I can't think of peace negotiations that have ever not been done confidentially and I joined during the Beta.

3 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

I once again implore you and yours to simply meet us, and present the entirety of your terms. We will work with you and walk through them one-by-one. I do not believe this has to be as complicated as it appears to me.

Us implies you're in CoA's group for negotiation. CoA is good to go and begin when they choose to do so. tS seems to be a little delayed, but could still start,

• Downvote 6

GICjEwp.gif

42 minutes ago, CandyShi said:
Nice propaganda that's blatantly contradicted by the facts.

No, it's not.

Why was it one of your peace terms?

He only term about it was regarding counters.

Confidential peace notifications where the opposite party stalls them and blames your coalition?

..when you start posting about them in public....yes

Again, I feel like you're trying to pretend the past 4 threads on this topic don't exist. 

You're choosing to believe that. Which is fine, but that doesn't make it genuine or accurate.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

GICjEwp.gif

3 hours ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

I would love to see shark week as much as the next guy but it needs to be at GOONS' own risk and not protected by a term in a clause.

What you’re suggesting would put Goons on a level playing field, a situation they’ve apparently yet to experience, and one I’m sure they’re keen to avoid in the interests of sustaining their regularly self-advertised war fighting rep.

• Upvote 1

Celer Et Audax

4 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

explain to me how it's okay to selectively police "bad posters" while simultaneously helping an alliance of cheaters/pedophiles/nazis push a term that makes fun of starving Africans?

I would think that this would need to be addressed under the "bad posters" clauses we have yet to see fully negotiated between the two sides.

If anyone, cheaters/pedophiles/racists/sexists/nazis are exactly the sort of people that should be run out of the game's community on a permanent basis.

On a completely unrelated topic, how sold are people on the name "Memesphere?" Personally I am Anti-"Memesphere."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Improper-Request-2.gif

34 minutes ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

On a completely unrelated topic, how sold are people on the name "Memesphere?" Personally I am Anti-"Memesphere."

As far as I know, only Malal refers to IQ as memesphere. 

1 hour ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

If anyone, cheaters/pedophiles/racists/sexists/nazis are exactly the sort of people that should be run out of the game's community on a permanent basis.

No one is contending that these people shouldn’t be welcome here, and aside completely from the notion that you’re talking about crossing the IC/OOC boundary, it is contended that Goons have:

1. Any sort of moral authority upon which to make public claims against this purported behaviour.

2. The capability and inclination to assess allegations of this sort of behaviour on its merits, and make a fair judgement.

This is supported by point that the majority of Goons posts devolve into ‘no u’ nonsense the minute they’re challenged.

You might claim, and argue finicky legalities that Goons making value judgements of others posts is not the same as censorship, I actually agree from a certain perspective!  However it has massive scope to turn into a bullying tactic. Another type of behaviour not welcome in this community IMO, and a tactic that I wouldn’t knowingly facilitate.

Anyway I think it much better that forum moderation and gameplay remain seperate.  Even if you’re not talking about using a peace term to exact IC retribution for OOC activities, coalition B has stifled this game for long enough without putting in place terms that stifle the OWF for another 12 months as well.  If you are crossing boundaries however, all forms of IRL criminal activity (as suggested) that finds its way into this community should be reported appropriately in the first instance, and left well alone in the second.

Edited by Etatsorp
  • Upvote 1

Celer Et Audax

6 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

Shark Week is not dependent on the peace jazz.

Likewise...

Direct this to CoA's leadership. CoB is willing to discuss this, but this is the thread where they've stopped trying.

CoA can do this. Hell, I can't think of peace negotiations that have ever not been done confidentially and I joined during the Beta.

Us implies you're in CoA's group for negotiation. CoA is good to go and begin when they choose to do so. tS seems to be a little delayed, but could still start,

I'll again refer you to our initial post. All the rest flowed from there.

os9LcJK.gif