Terms for KETOG

Kastor

8 minutes ago, namukara said:

Countering is a TI tradition. I would expect nothing less, and nor should anybody else who is living in our world. I can assure you it will be applied fairly to raiders from either coalition or none.

I.e.

Raid people, get countered. That's how shit works around here.

I really hope they try to counter shark week allears.gif.45c5f49d009d6a7004a19b58ff2e72be.gif

e: unless it stupidly reignites this dumb dead and boring war for another 3 months oh god

25 minutes ago, namukara said:

TMC? When did they get involved in this? Do you even know who you talk to, or are you just so used to nobody taking notice of you it's never really mattered before?

We didn't know who they were either until they decided to make a point of being incredibly edgy.

Edited by Marxalot
  • Downvote 5

17 minutes ago, Sardonic said:

Shark Week is a GOONS tradition.  I would expect nothing less, and nor should anybody else who are living in our world.  I can assure you it will be applied fairly to bad posters of both coalitions.

Uhoh, both coalitions? Lmfao

3 hours ago, Otto Von Bismarck II said:

Uhoh, both coalitions? Lmfao

It would farcical for us to imply that one coalition has a monopoly on bad posting.

E: However in this case because of the nature of the shark week implementation, it will only apply to the losers.

Edited by Sardonic
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, Marxalot said:

I really hope they try to counter shark week allears.gif.45c5f49d009d6a7004a19b58ff2e72be.gif

e: unless it stupidly reignites this dumb dead and boring war for another 3 months oh god

We didn't know who they were either until they decided to make a point of being incredibly edgy.

Enlighten us, what is an acceptable response to you deciding to raid a member as part of 'shark week?'

5 minutes ago, Sardonic said:

and post better

And for those who can’t, stop posting altogether. Or continue, everyone likes feeling better about themselves. Either works. 

e: before everyone jumps like a shark on me, I’m really only here  because the terms are hilarious. I’m honestly waiting to see the next 6. 

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sardonic said:

Of course not.  This is a serious term, designed to improve the lives of the community at large by reducing forum pollution.

I'm sure that there is no possibility that could inspire just a bit of backlash...

Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc

Just now, CandyShi said:

I see this and I think “cleansing” or “censorship”. 

Insert another Social Darwinist comparison here.

Hardly. We are taking nobody's freedom of speech, we could not do so even if we wanted to.  Freedom of speech has never been the same thing as freedom from consequence.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, CandyShi said:

>Casually calls people Nazis

>Also in an alliance that complains about people insulting other people.

no double standards here.

Just an FYI, an alliance called “Afrika Korps” is in your coalition, go check them out.

Pretty sure I didn't call anyone anything, bud. But thank you for playing :).

47 minutes ago, ForgotPants said:

Sure man, you clearly are the only one with knowledge of history. Seeing all your highly intellectual and fact based posts here on these forums makes me oh so jealous.

am I supposed to know what this means dude

46 minutes ago, namukara said:

TMC? When did they get involved in this? Do you even know who you talk to, or are you just so used to nobody taking notice of you it's never really mattered before?

If you're asking what they have to do with my post, here:

UN0Sw7O.png

If you're asking what they have to do with the war, I suspect about the same as FARK does, right?

7 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

I see this and I think “cleansing” or “censorship”. 

Insert another Social Darwinist comparison here.

Don't worry, Candy. You barely rank on our list since no one in our alliance save like 3  of us know who you are.

6 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Tell that to the people in China.

Edit: For clarification, by your definition the people in China can say anything they want, but they’ll just end up in a ditch for saying it.

what the hell does this mean lmao

• Upvote 3

I'd rather keep fighting. This kind of BS backfired for NPO in CN.  History will repeat itself, sooner rather then later I think.

• Upvote 1

Legal Disclaimer:

My opinions do not necessarily reflect of the opinions of my alliance, allies, enemies or neutrals.

2 hours ago, namukara said:

I read the 12 month NAP as 'we really want a free run at farksphere, you're not allowed to help while we try and push another alliance out of the game.'

They must be hurting worse than I expected if they need that much time to recover and dogpile Farksphere before being ready to fight us again.

• Haha 2

Since my new role in game is apparently "Context Bot", I want to say something for the umpteenth time. Freedom of speech strictly refers to freedom from government interference in your ability to participate in public spaces. It has absolutely no bearing on a private forum owned by and operated by a LLC. There is nothing comparable between any game action and any real life action by a government. If you object to potential restrictions being place on someone's ability to participate in these forums, and those restrictions aren't being placed by Alex or his employees/agents, feel free to object to them, but your objections should reflect the reality of the situation.

Edited by durmij
Crucial typo
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, Sardonic said:

Hardly. We are taking nobody's freedom of speech, we could not do so even if we wanted to.  Freedom of speech has never been the same thing as freedom from consequence.

Yet you want freedom from consequence for attacking members of other people's alliances.

Look up to the sky above~

It has come to my attention that there is a need for those who don't exactly agree with everything within Col B to speak up. And act of good faith is something someone also told me was missing. 

The position we are being put in makes any act of good faith we try to do null. Now whether you believe it's even possible for us to have a heart big enough to do such an act is your own opinion but not everyone in Col B is 100% behind what is being said or done. For one, not a single AAs goal is to fight until disbandment. It's is perceived like this because of no context leaks. Life goes on if it happens but it's not what we want. That is not the goal. At the end of the day for a lot of us, hell, for all of us. Peace is the goal. But increased volume and talks has made it next to impossible to do much. 

The terms that were leaked were never finalized. Infact, the only terms that should even be viewed as official are the first 2 which were the only 2 that were officially presented to KERCGOGG during peace talks. 

On the front of t$ terms in this. At the time these were written the t$ front of things was not being discussed as it was made clear after the first set of Peace talks concludes t$ would have their time in the light. Obviously this isn't the case now but things are ever changing and ever evolving. 

My word is my bond and all we have on this planet is our word. Do with it as you wish but you all wanted an act of good faith. This is all I can offer you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Banner for PnW.png

2 hours ago, REAP3R said:

Yet you want freedom from consequence for attacking members of other people's alliances.

I myself expect to be nuked repeatedly for bad posting unrelated to shark week.

Edited by Sardonic
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Coalition A: "We want different wars, not the same sides"

Coalition B: "Here have 12 months NAP so we dont have to have the same sided wars for a year"

Coalition A: ? thats ridiculous.

Personally the terms aren't really that ridiculous and as Hodor says everything always starts at the extreme and gets negotiated. 

Just fwiw, we did have different wars before this one.

So your little mockery there is redundant.

1 hour ago, durmij said:

Correction to you both, there was a war where NPO wouldn't surrender until a clause saying they did a good job was included.

Wow, @George Clooney I'm getting credit for your brilliant line. 

Still inspires so much bitterness lol

@Cooper_ things change. 

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Wow, @George Clooney I'm getting credit for your brilliant line. 

Still inspires so much bitterness lol

@Cooper_ things change. 

There's no bitterness in stating the facts. Also, "lol u mad" has never been and never will be a valid argument. It's lower than whataboutism.

Edit: Would someone with more freetime than myself please dig up that thread. I feel like there are some insights to be pulled from it.

Edited by durmij
  • Upvote 1

Guest John Q Listener
1 hour ago, Malinok said:

I'd rather keep fighting. This kind of BS backfired for NPO in CN.  History will repeat itself, sooner rather then later I think.

Pretty hard to keep fighting from beige