Change the UI for the war page back to the old one, at least for the mobile version of PnW

TRM

Pretty simple. Change the war UI back to the old one. For mobile users, this current one is uncomfortable because if they are fighting multiple nations, they cannot switch to different nations rapidly. This is because tbe current war UI, each war takes up the whole screen.

Currently, it is just uncomfortable for mobile users. In the future, as new wars break out, it will be an impediment for ppl who wanna double buy/destroy the double buys, etc. 

I understand this works nicely for computer users. It just doesn't do the same justice to mobile users. 

Also, nice how wars disappear once you wre finished with them. :)

Btw, inserted an example of the current war UI. One war doesn't even fit on the phone. Sheesh!

Screenshot_20191129-193944_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

• Administrators

The re-design was specifically for mobile, where you couldn't see all your wars because the table was too wide and broke the page.

We may be able to make things more compact for the mobile view, but this responsive re-design was made for mobile.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 minute ago, Alex said:

The re-design was specifically for mobile, where you couldn't see all your wars because the table was too wide and broke the page.

We may be able to make things more compact for the mobile view, but this responsive re-design was made for mobile.

I understand it was made for mobile users. But it sucks. Honestly, making it smaller would work. It just sucks to have to scroll through 5 wars at a time. -_-

1 minute ago, Alex said:

We may be able to make things more compact for the mobile view, but this responsive re-design was made for mobile

And mobile users don't like it. Why don't you get a group of mobile users together to make suggestions and re-design it? Hopefully we can find a look that the majority likes.

unknown_3_1_65.png

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Might be worthwhile to have this version as well as a compact version that people can enable on their account settings page. This can be the default but if people don;t like it they can have a condensed and functional (if not uglier) version.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

I understand it was made for mobile users. But it sucks. Honestly, making it smaller would work. It just sucks to have to scroll through 5 wars at a time. -_-

I mean, you had to scroll before, just horizontally instead of vertically right?

If you have specific suggestions on improving the UI, I'm all ears. My goal is to create a good user experience, particularly for mobile users who make up around 50% of the game.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I mean, you had to scroll before, just horizontally instead of vertically right?

If you have specific suggestions on improving the UI, I'm all ears. My goal is to create a good user experience, particularly for mobile users who make up around 50% of the game.

Nah. We had to scroll vertically b4 too. Difference was that the wars were very thin. And we could zoom out. So we could rush through them very quickly if needed be. 

Here, if I scroll very quickly, I might miss the war I'm looming for. And I can't check all the wars' resistance/MAPs at once either. Just compacting it would make a huge difference imo.

If anyone else has an idea how to make the UI better, ofc, this is the thread for it. So speak up guys. :)