Why cant we get along?

Firwof Kromwell

2 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

We can't get along because of bad text formatting practices by opposing force.

i meant this in a heart to heart, not a joke

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

we dont get along because we enjoy neutrals like you posting butthurt topics like this

there are some valid points to be made about community dynamics but posting topics like this every other day doesnt solve anything

Edited by hope
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, hope said:

doesnt solve anything

So, no world peace ? :(

• Haha 2
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

7 hours ago, hope said:

we dont get along because we enjoy neutrals like you posting butthurt topics like this

there are some valid points to be made about community dynamics but posting topics like this every other day doesnt solve anything

1. Me? Butthurt? Thus is quite the assumption. I only meant to prove a point & it has been holding strong throughout today.  It only frustrates as well saddens me but not leave me butt hurt(that is Aku’s job to be butthurt u know)

2. I’m only trying to be a good influence in our community thank you very much. I’m one that doesn’t give a damn what one says in a hurtful manner but cares a lot for friends/family. Sadly the way most are taking it is what truly saddens even frustrate me as well as proves my point further.

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

1 hour ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

1. Me? Butthurt? Thus is quite the assumption. I only meant to prove a point & it has been holding strong throughout today.  It only frustrates as well saddens me but not leave me butt hurt(that is Aku’s job to be butthurt u know)

2. I’m only trying to be a good influence in our community thank you very much. I’m one that doesn’t give a damn what one says in a hurtful manner but cares a lot for friends/family. Sadly the way most are taking it is what truly saddens even frustrate me as well as proves my point further.

Don't invest too much personally in this game, mate. Been there done that. It's no fun. Just sit back and watch the fireworks, occasionally launch a few.

• Upvote 1

Don't report other people for minor offenses to try raising their warn level as high as possible could added as a rule for getting along as well. Remember before GOONS suggested allowing private reporting of nations in-game to keep what they were doing more anonymous, although now they've been pretty open on it probably being their fault if people suddenly got warns for random stuff nobody would usually report. lol

libertyribbon.png

We can't get along due to the shared histories of interaction, posting and chatting of each player towards others. We're not really meant to get along.  The game is Politics (where you disagree with each other) and War (where we fight) so it's kind of by definition.  Like I definitely have a list of maybe twenty or so current and former gov people in alliances I know are hostile, untrustworhy, and related bad qualities in various combinations.  That's been learned by them behaving as described and to ignore it would be pretty silly.

• Upvote 1

GICjEwp.gif

3 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

We can't get along due to the shared histories of interaction, posting and chatting of each player towards others. We're not really meant to get along.  The game is Politics (where you disagree with each other) and War (where we fight) so it's kind of by definition.  Like I definitely have a list of maybe twenty or so current and former gov people in alliances I know are hostile, untrustworhy, and related bad qualities in various combinations.  That's been learned by them behaving as described and to ignore it would be pretty silly.

IC history and interaction never needed to go into OOC places. It should have been possible to have wars and political differences without choosing to force those differences and rivalries into actual hostility and distrust. Naively, both Chaos and KETOG believed that could happen, and actively took steps to make that possible.

Thing is, as long as people are willing to equate in-game hostility with rule-breaking, nazi sympathies or worse, up to the point of apparently writing a shit list just to ensure that their hatred isn't forgotten, then there really is no way to play a game together as friends. Rather, when there's people that see an advantage to jealously holding onto real hate in response to playfulness, then the only way to 'win', for certain monstrous values of the term, is to throw fun and enjoyability out the window in favor of spending 1/12th of your life pushing a button, obsessively poring over long-dead nations' factbooks for obscure trivialities to virtue signal over, flame and bait and rage at anyone unwilling to simply accept your dominance without question, make desperate efforts to drive opponents from the game entirely, advance terrible accusations of serious IRL crimes in order to justify said efforts, and more.

We can be better than reality-show contestants, but not if there's a reward for being terrible people.

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

This whole thread is really OOC and certainly doesn't belong in the Alliance Affairs subforum, which is for posting IC alliance announcements. Moving to Orbis Central.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

6 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

This was basically Auctor’s platform for a long time. The point of a nationsim is to act like a nation. Not a person. It’s almost a role playing game.

Diplomacy has to have the chance to be conducted and in the age of “personal” politics we’ve seen unprecedented levels of insular communities. GPWC was created with the intention of never communicating with the rest of us and they’re 1/5th of the playerbase.

A personal example - my discord account got banned from BK’s server like 4 years ago because I left the alliance. I still don’t have access there.

The relationships you’re referring to will never change if you insulate yourself and dig a trench against your neighbors.

4 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

The relationships you’re referring to will never change if you insulate yourself and dig a trench against your neighbors.

It's a very well-earned trench.  If I involved myself with the people I mentioned I would be to blame when they misbehaved.

• Like 1

GICjEwp.gif

20 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

It's a very well-earned trench.  If I involved myself with the people I mentioned I would be to blame when they misbehaved.

Edited by MACHAERA

3 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

It's a very well-earned trench.  If I involved myself with the people I mentioned I would be to blame when they misbehaved.

This sounds like capitalist rhetoric.