LAN/GOONS Apocrypha

Noctis Anarch Caelum

langoons.png

New Type of War for the Future of Orbis

With other people posting about GOONS negative use of moderation & others putting the blame on GOONS use of it in their Goodbye Threads; I doubt I'm the only one who when making threads in opposition & pushing back against GOONS takeover of the forum using moderation is between longer suspensions each time for minor stuff.

Although GOONS aren't virtue signaling, they're simply trolling. GOONS do not care about following the rules (Only not getting caught when doing it) or any of things they express faux outrage over when reporting people.

That I was reverted back to a previous form with a clean slate rather than banned over trivial BS gives me some hope enough people are waking up to the truth & PnW isn't already a lost cause.

Fight fire with fire; Freedom Fighters need to unite against an existential threat to a freedom forum in order for it to still exist in a form worth sticking around for.
Thinking GOONS will stop their attempted forum purge is wishful thinking for those who think they might, although
Continued push back the forum as long as they are trying to purge anyone is the only path toward to victory so long as GOONS are still taken seriously at all by the Admin/Mods of this world.

Considering GOONS don't care about the rules at all from a moral perspective, there are no noble intentions behind all their reporting. Only their desire to destroy this world.

While I consider the in-game war between Kingsglaive & GOONS over; as well as battle won; its control over the forum where GOONS real war is being waged & people need to keep resisting.

Nice work to everyone pushing back against them and don't give up yet.

TLDR: GOONS are not virtue signaling, even regarding acting like they care about following the rules. Anyone who thinks they so are being trolled pretty hard.

libertyribbon.png

4 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

I'm so proud of you for understanding the difference between fascism and totalitarianism. You are finally educating yourself.

I've always referred to you guys as totalitarian or authoritarian rather than fascist; although still a pretty bad thing to bring to Orbis. My outlook on life is without freedom, whats the point?

libertyribbon.png

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I've always referred to you guys as totalitarian or authoritarian rather than fascist; although still a pretty bad thing to bring to Orbis. My outlook on life is without freedom, whats the point?

I disagree that it's a bad thing in Orbis. Micro economic states with limited complexities are very easily min/maxed with communism and totalitarianism, and are a fun testing ground for the ideologies.

The best alliances in the game are fully communistic or practically there.

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

I disagree that it's a bad thing in Orbis. Micro economic states with limited complexities are very easily min/maxed with communism and totalitarianism, and are a fun testing ground for the ideologies.

The best alliances in the game are fully communistic or practically there.

I mean on an entire forum or game level it would be bad. Doesn't matter how alliances are managed internally, when people can just join another. Although me having never recieved a warn point on the forums before GOONS formed despite all the mass down votes I think speaks volumes on the negative changes you've brought to the forum already. That you guys keep bringing up Epi not over moderating for you guys on Discord as if he's doing his job wrong showing some discretion in how to deal with people who don't repeatedly break rules is also disturbing.

So you guys are also waging for control of the Official Discord as well; although I think Epi is a good mod for it and not really concerned with that as long as Alex doesn't listen to you guys regarding your complaints there.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

libertyribbon.png

I mean on an entire forum or game level it would be bad. Doesn't matter how alliances are managed internally, when people can just join another. Although me having never recieved a warn point on the forums despite all the mass down votes I think speaks volumes on the negative changes you've brought to the forum already. That you guys keep bringing up Epi not over moderating for you guys on Discord as if he's doing his job wrong showing some discretion in how to deal with people who don't repeatedly break rules is also disturbing.

So you guys are also waging for control of the Official Discord as well; although I think Epi is a good mod for it and not really concerned with that as long as Alex doesn't listen to you guys regarding your complaints there.

Hey sup "Never been warned" buddy!

4 minutes ago, MarcusThrane said:

What is it with you and AMVs? Your posts are cringeworthy enough without you dumping some ridiculous anime monstrosities into every thread.

i think he thinks posting "badass" amvs will intimidate us.

he's right, but not for the reasons he thinks.

Just now, Leonard J Crabs said:

Hey sup "Never been warned" buddy!

Meant to say before you guys formed, although with you guys harassing the mods non-stop since forming has caused them to give out a lot more points without warning. When those come with a forum suspension and take forever to go away.

libertyribbon.png

8 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Meant to say before you guys formed, although with you guys harassing the mods non-stop since forming has caused them to give out a lot more points without warning. When those come with a forum suspension and take forever to go away.

So here's the question. The rules have never changed. Before we came, do you honestly believe no one was breaking the rules? Or maybe, and try to be open minded, you all were breaking rules and had a toxic community, and we just simply reported the rule breaking and the mods started noticing the degree to which rule breaking was happening.

Because the latter is how I see it.

Edited by Leonard J Crabs
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

So here's the question. The rules have never changed. Before we came, do you honestly believe no one was breaking the rules? Or maybe, and try to be open minded, you all were breaking rules and had a toxic community, and we just simply reported the rule breaking and the mods started noticing the degree to which rule breaking was happening.

Most minor slip ups aren't worthy of a warn point or any action; as long as its not hurting anyone. You guys reporting every minor thing & trying to put pressure on the mods to take action is making things a lot more toxic. You guys being so obsessed with harassing Epi over how he does his mod job because he only takes action against people for minor stuff you report sometimes if they don't repeat it paints a clear window of what you guys want to do. Try making it seem like all the good mods are bad and try getting them replaced with bad mods if not handing out enough warn points. As you get most of the player base to quit or get banned over minor stuff, like thread derails & other questionable violation.

libertyribbon.png

This is how all political discourse happens though. You try to influence your community to how you feel comfortable. Whether that is allowing minor infractions to go unpunished, or banning nazis, or having no tolerance for sexual misconduct.

There's no such thing as going into a community that you see as toxic as not trying to help. You might disagree on what toxic is, and that's your social construct. I don't think reporting rule breaking is toxic, and that's my social construct.

If you didn't break the rules, there wouldn't be anything to report, and I've seen this mod team do a great job. I haven't seen minor infractions punished, as you claim.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Leonard J Crabs said:

This is how all political discourse happens though. You try to influence your community to how you feel comfortable. Whether that is allowing minor infractions to go unpunished, or banning nazis, or having no tolerance for sexual misconduct.

There's no such thing as going into a community that you see as toxic as not trying to help. You might disagree on what toxic is, and that's your social construct. I don't think reporting rule breaking is toxic, and that's my social construct.

If you didn't break the rules, there wouldn't be anything to report, and I've seen this mod team do a great job. I haven't seen minor infractions punished, as you claim.

Honestly I think if you guys reported on yourselves, GOONS would be a much smaller alliance than it currently is in-game & think you guys just view the rules as a weapon rather than anything else. Irony of you guys reporting people for rule violation is great. When GOONS members started to get warn points for trivial stuff, they didn't seem to feel more comfortable in the climate you guys are trying to create anyways.

libertyribbon.png

Honestly I think if you guys reported on yourselves, GOONS would be a much smaller alliance than it currently is in-game & think you guys just view the rules as a weapon rather than anything else. Irony of you guys reporting people for rule violation is great. When GOONS members started to get warn points for trivial stuff, they didn't seem to feel more comfortable in the climate you guys are trying to create anyways.

I welcome any and all to report any goons that rule break. I tell everyone we let into our alliance that they're going to be scruntinized and not to break rules. So please, report all rule breaking that GOONS do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's a nice 12 year old video you have there. Anyone who has hung out on our Discord will tell you that it is in no way representative of GOONS or the Something Awful community at large in 2019.

But continue to be Extremely Not Mad that we are following the rules and encouraging others to do the same, I guess.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MarcusThrane said:

That's a nice 12 year old video you have there. Anyone who has hung out on our Discord will tell you that it is in no way representative of GOONS or the Something Awful community at large in 2019.

But continue to be Extremely Not Mad that we are following the rules and encouraging others to do the same, I guess.

Other than the guy who decided to form GOONS here had it as their anthem until someone finally reported him for it...

libertyribbon.png

1 minute ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

If that did happen, it would've been something to report, as linking that video should get you banned for posting racial slurs.

I'll take my strike or ban if opening people's minds on the truth is bannable.

libertyribbon.png

Just now, Archibald said:

Pretty sure our leader is a man named "Marx", friend.

Yeah, but not like you guys weren't also doing the mass reporting while Jazz was in power. You guys tried playing up the Social Justice Warrior thing even harder then. :P

libertyribbon.png

7 minutes ago, Zaurg said:

Context is hard

Guess I'll respond to this since you guys are posting it twice. Although context doesn't matter in regards to what you guys report stuff for & the most minor of violations which aren't causing anybody problems; until you guys suddenly report it. However reporting everything you see in order to try getting even your enemies or other people in general as many warn points as possible just wasn't a common mentality here. There is a reason phrases like "Nobody likes a tattletale" & "snitches get stitches" are pretty well known. Nobody likes someone who tries getting people in trouble for every meaningless minor rule violation, which otherwise would have went unnoticed with nobody caring.

libertyribbon.png