Baseball modification suggested

Isjaki

If people are supporting this because they think Alex might do it during the war like the last baseball nerf & think this would hurt Coalition B alliances the most, I'd much rather see Alex do positive change which improves the war system without waiting for the war to end than something like this.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

libertyribbon.png

4 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I would support removing monetary prizes from baseball or just removing baseball entirely from the game. Although I've dabbled in baseball myself, it is ridiculous how much money can be earnt from mashing some buttons and it's quite irrelevant to the core game.

I get that baseball offers a side-game to blow time on, but my other concern is how many players are really clicking the buttons themselves? After all the allegations of baseball cheating, I looked into how it can be automated and it's surprisingly simple to install a browser extension that will automate the process for you. So the only thing stopping players automating baseball is the occasional captcha. I find it hard to believe, that for something anyone with little technical experience can automate in a few minutes, that there isn't actually a large number of regular baseball players simply firing up their new favourite browser extensions and checking in every 10 minutes to handle pesky captchas manually. Obviously if you'd found a golden goose that laid millions of dollars daily, you probably wouldn't be too forthcoming about how abusable the system is.

I highly doubt abuse is widespread, unless baseball earnings have changed dramatically in the last month since alex posted top earnings, becoming a top 25 even top 10 all time baseball earner is doable in a month without any form of automation. 

It wouldn't be difficult for any player to reach even the top 3 in 6-7months of devoting an hour or so a day to the game and this is after the first nerf. 

Edited by Canada2
To add in missing information

Guest PhantomThiefB

This is just stupid. It's literally the equivalent of a WoW casual complaining that an active WoW player is better than them. "They have more time, that's not fair" is not an argument, it's an excuse.?

Alex never meant for billions to be made off of it, it's just a money generator and is hurting the game in the long run, remove it.

1 hour ago, SleepingNinja said:

This is just stupid. It's literally the equivalent of a WoW casual complaining that an active WoW player is better than them. "They have more time, that's not fair" is not an argument, it's an excuse.?

It's injecting the game with billions every week, it's broke.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

No, because baseball is not the primary focus of politicsandwar, so you can't exactly blame people for not playing it, not wanting to play it, or not having the time to play it. If y'all wanna play cookie clicker, it's on the app store, for those of you that think baseball brings each other together, Alex could just remove the monetary benefits and y'all can have fun clicking together!

• Upvote 2

Look up to the sky above~

The people who ignore the main part of the argument have clearly never tried making a proper counter argument, because it rapidly becomes even more unproductive than not responding at all.

9 minutes ago, REAP3R said:

The people who ignore the main part of the argument have clearly never tried making a proper counter argument, because it rapidly becomes even more unproductive than not responding at all.

The main part of the argument was a bad faith attempt made to try to attack the enemies of the OP who he perceives as caring a lot about baseball, who subsequently quit the game in a huff after a failed attempt to get Alex to ban another group of his enemies for the mere crime of existing. It should be rejected as the laughable, childish tantrum that it is.

1 minute ago, Teaspoon said:

The main part of the argument was a bad faith attempt made to try to attack the enemies of the OP who he perceives as caring a lot about baseball, who subsequently quit the game in a huff after a failed attempt to get Alex to ban another group of his enemies for the mere crime of existing. It should be rejected as the laughable, childish tantrum that it is.

My argument is that baseball has no place in a nationsim about politics and war, your response prior was directed at me (I made the cookie clicker bit), and because of such I expected some sort of counter argument. I'm not even sure why the OP is being mentioned here because you were responding to me, not them.

• Like 1

Just now, REAP3R said:

My argument is that baseball has no place in a nationsim about politics and war, your response prior was directed at me (I made the cookie clicker bit), and because of such I expected some sort of counter argument. I'm not even sure why the OP is being mentioned here because you were responding to me, not them.

I wasnt referring to you specifically, I've seen baseball compared to cookie clicker a lot and my post was meant as a joke. Sorry for the confusion

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

Pffff... wew. Now that's funny.

Know why it's funny? Well, that's the exact same argument that the most competitive players back in the early days of WoW were advancing when PvP awarded unique titles to the players that played PvP the most. And they were right; playing literally 24 hours a day for months on end was the way to earn the most points. It also resulted in several cardiac arrests. So, sure, being willing to literally play yourself to actual death does indeed give you an advantage... but is that really something that the developer should be enabling? Your argument comes down to "Oh, you're too casual to injure yourself, get gud", so please heck off with that irresponsible bullshit, preferably along with the rest of your irresponsible bullshit.

24 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Know why it's funny? Well, that's the exact same argument that the most competitive players back in the early days of WoW were advancing when PvP awarded unique titles to the players that played PvP the most. And they were right; playing literally 24 hours a day for months on end was the way to earn the most points. It also resulted in several cardiac arrests. So, sure, being willing to literally play yourself to actual death does indeed give you an advantage... but is that really something that the developer should be enabling? Your argument comes down to "Oh, you're too casual to injure yourself, get gud", so please heck off with that irresponsible bullshit, preferably along with the rest of your irresponsible bullshit.

Comparing something that takes at most 90-120 minutes per day to something that was an outrageous soulcrushing grind that literally killed people seems... strained.

3 hours ago, Teaspoon said:

Comparing something that takes at most 90-120 minutes per day to something that was an outrageous soulcrushing grind that literally killed people seems... strained.

Comparing WoW to WoW is 'strained', hm? Any mechanic that outputs an arbitrary amount of points for an abritrary amount of effort has the same problem, and claiming that there's no problem by making the exact same argument that defended the 'outrageous soulcrushing grind', including referencing that grind itself, is nothing short of irresponsible.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

Guest PhantomThiefB
5 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

That's cute, it seems your brain immediately has to go right to the worst extreme's any chance you get, eh? Talk about being a negative nancy.

Obviously none of that was healthy, but we're not talking about those kinds of extremes here. Games are already capped at 1k a day so there's no logical reasoning (even in your example it lacks any logical reason) to be playing 24 hours a day for months on end. How anyone playing WoW back then couldn't take 2 seconds to leave their computer screens to grab a glass of water or bite to eat is beyond ridiculous. 

This isn't about a casual get gud thing, this is a mechanic that has existed for years on end and is only now getting complained about, and for the wrong reasons. OP specifically brought political elements into the suggestion which just straight comes off as whining. Now if you'll excuse me, please stop shoving your irresponsible bullshit down my throat. As clearly I was not advocating a play-style that could result in physical hurt in others. But just for your peace of mind, replace WoW with Destiny, Runescape or Diablo 2. Pretty sure it's the same concept except nobody went out of their way to go into cardiac arrests from it. 

Edit : Actually after thinking a little more on it as far as RPG's go I don't endorse high amounts of grinding with little reward or force grinding to move on with story related quests (looking at you Dragon Age Inquisition.)

Edited by PhantomThiefB