Baseball modification suggested

Isjaki

Just now, Akuryo said:

Just remove it.

According to the 'baseball community' in the thread a while ago, nobody would play if they couldn't make huge primary income off it. If that's truly the case, than just yank it right out and put it in the same dumpster with keno and dice.

Well I don't mind it merely as an entertainer, a distraction from the rest of the game, but it should definitely lose it's economic utility.

• Upvote 4

It’s already been nerfed almost unusable. If he nerfs it more really would be better off removing it & refunding people their stadiums/ player costs.

Although might be making the game more boring removing all the extra unnecessary for the core gameplay “fun” features

libertyribbon.png

I’ll just be really annoyed I invested a bunch in players again while blockaded if it suddenly gets another nerf; when I’m going to lose money on it regardless probably. Don’t play it much anymore & annoying/difficult trying to get the amounts needed if using it to bypass blockades. Original purpose it had for me.

libertyribbon.png

3 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

I'm confused, how is Coalition B the only ones able to play baseball? What's stopping Coalition A?

Coalition B was given as an example. One of the most infamous unbanned abusers in the game is actually in a Syndisphere alliance, for example.

So essentially, you're not hurting him at all. You may as well not even bother.

Edited by Akuryo
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Isjaki said:

Global war 14 has the Coalition A alliances militarily defeated, and while they hope that Coalition B coffers run dry, to aid in the peace negotiating process, Coalition B has the option to simply spam baseball (and many do the same), to generate money out of thin air for the war effort.

Why does only Coalition B have this option? I don't see where the game has this limit in place.

• Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, Deja said:

Why does only Coalition B have this option? I don't see where the game has this limit in place.

Yeah, Coalition B just uses it the most & alliance level. Although people everywhere play baseball on an individual level & more could encourage its internal use if they wanted.

Edit: Although think he should be working on new features like no defense mode air crafts & the good ones; instead of focusing on breaking current ones.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

libertyribbon.png

So Coalition A choose not to do baseball, it's unfair to Coalition A? Trying to understand the logic behind how its unfair to use a mechanic in the game if coalition A chooses not to utilize the mechanic

Edited by Leonard J Crabs

6 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

So Coalition A choose not to do baseball, it's unfair to Coalition A? Trying to understand the logic behind how its unfair to use a mechanic in the game if coalition A chooses not to utilize the mechanic

Like by definition it's not unfair right? Both coalitions have the same options to use the same game mechanics.

Be kinda like saying blockades are unfair because Coalition A doesn't bother buying ships.

Edited by Deja

Think about it like this. Investing in infra and improvements is passive, meanwhile baseball is active involvement. Should passive or active involvement be more profitable?

If baseball was slashed to 5% it would become dead content. And people that play baseball would stop logging in everyday.

If coalition A isn’t taking advantage of baseball currently, they will learn their lesson after this war. 

A point that he is making is that people that can click for 6 hrs shouldn’t have an advantage over people that can’t, so how about decrease the amount of game that can be played before the decrease to 10% from 1000 to 750 (or 500) and increase the host reward to even it out. Idk

Edited by Nobody
Word choice

First: It's a part of the game that had existed for a long long time. I have never seen anyone complain about it until recently, and Alex has changed it. Why do we need to change it further?

Second: The players deserver the extra cash because of the amount of games they play. They put in more effort, so they deserve more.

Third: How is it discriminating?

• Upvote 5

When you complained one time, you will complain a second time because it's not going your way. 

Let's be honest, the one should be nerfed is the brain of those who wants baseball be gone just because they refuse to have the other side having a side advantage of the game when it's an option to choose. 

You clapped your hands when Alex nerfed baseball, and you see people are still playing, and you complained again. Just because you refused to pay tips for the games and you want to blame people for playing the game. You're the one who is unfair when people played your games and you refused to pay tip. Ha. 

• Upvote 5

With how baseball has already been nerfed, what you're suggesting right now would end up killing the game for good. There'd be no point in playing it after that.

Also, by that second point, we should also nerf trading as well, because people can and do put hours of their time into that, and it earns far more than baseball can in less time. Especially after the nerfs to baseball Alex implemented previously.

As for your third point, what's stopping Coalition A from doing the same? Absolutely nothing, they can play baseball as well if they choose to.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Light said:

With how baseball has already been nerfed, what you're suggesting right now would end up killing the game for good. There'd be no point in playing it after that.

Also, by that second point, we should also nerf trading as well, because people can and do put hours of their time into that, and it earns far more than baseball can in less time. Especially after the nerfs to baseball Alex implemented previously.

As for your third point, what's stopping Coalition A from doing the same? Absolutely nothing, they can play baseball as well if they choose to.

Trading has risk. Someone has to lose money to gain what the trader profits. No money is generated from clicking the buy or sell button. The only risk to baseball is being a normal human being who gets bored before recouping the investment put into it.

Sorry, but it's not comparable to trading, or raiding, nor is it even remotely necessary for the games economy. If you wouldn't play it because you can't make more than a developed upper tier nation per day from it, then I'm afraid your actual concern is the advantage you get from it, and not anything else. 

• Upvote 3

I don't get the logic of people thinking that they deserve more payout just because they can put in 6+ hours a day. Doesn't the intellectual effort of planning and buying cities and infra count? And what about the rest of us, players who have college/jobs etc? Coalition B was an example.

2 hours ago, Light said:

For trading, money is not generated from thin air, unlike baseball. 

As for coalition A, plenty of people do it anyway, apart from those who can't due to real life time constraints.

I would support removing monetary prizes from baseball or just removing baseball entirely from the game. Although I've dabbled in baseball myself, it is ridiculous how much money can be earnt from mashing some buttons and it's quite irrelevant to the core game.

I get that baseball offers a side-game to blow time on, but my other concern is how many players are really clicking the buttons themselves? After all the allegations of baseball cheating, I looked into how it can be automated and it's surprisingly simple to install a browser extension that will automate the process for you. So the only thing stopping players automating baseball is the occasional captcha. I find it hard to believe, that for something anyone with little technical experience can automate in a few minutes, that there isn't actually a large number of regular baseball players simply firing up their new favourite browser extensions and checking in every 10 minutes to handle pesky captchas manually. Obviously if you'd found a golden goose that laid millions of dollars daily, you probably wouldn't be too forthcoming about how abusable the system is.