$yndicate treaty cancellation

Prefonteen

1 minute ago, Prefonteen said:

We offered to compromise and conduct talks for the first 20 days. When it became clear that we weren't going to receive terms, we posted the earlier thread.

We also haven't been given a server, and we have structurally inquired about terms being ready. As I said, it took 20 days before we went public with our thread. That's a reaction, not the cause.

I think you are misundersanding us :). Our post stems from a loss of faith in coalition B's claimed willingness to peace out at this time. We continue to be open to talks, we continue to structurally inquire and we continue to do so both in public and private. We do not however, agree to allowing coalition B to present us as the culprit (which was occurring prior to our posting of the thread) while we've been bending over backwards.

Trust me I am not misunderstanding at all.  I am just reacting to the 4 pages of banter I have seen mostly oh as well I brought up past harsh terms from history of another realm to explain kinda how this version here of NPO actually came to be.  And personally to sum it up I think it is both sides have lost faith in each other.  From everything from what seems to be backstabbing with certain events true or not there is blame being tossed in this thread which is creating alot of the problem. As well as treaty cancellations and other stuff.  All I  trying to do here is say to u to made be more aggressive amd make ur own terms..  I know I would not have waited maybe and just say okay player since it has been this long this is the alternative to maybe speed the process up for both sides kinda thing ... maybe what u suggest is already part of what ever the other side is thinking who knows .. make ur own list the send it.   Right now this bad cycle of blame is just going to go in a circle jerk. And personally having read the stuff I have read I probally myself would of given harsher terms just for bringing this out in the open the way it has but that is personal and not a reflection of what is really going on as I would have no clue to that honestly.  The whole situation is sad when we think about it amd the resentment these threads has caused.  Dont get me wrong there is nothing like a good war to bring out the best in the game but with the way things are happening now from what I have read it is only going to get worse and worse. 

2 minutes ago, brucemna said:

Trust me I am not misunderstanding at all.  I am just reacting to the 4 pages of banter I have seen mostly oh as well I brought up past harsh terms from history of another realm to explain kinda how this version here of NPO actually came to be.  And personally to sum it up I think it is both sides have lost faith in each other.  From everything from what seems to be backstabbing with certain events true or not there is blame being tossed in this thread which is creating alot of the problem. As well as treaty cancellations and other stuff.  All I  trying to do here is say to u to made be more aggressive amd make ur own terms..  I know I would not have waited maybe and just say okay player since it has been this long this is the alternative to maybe speed the process up for both sides kinda thing ... maybe what u suggest is already part of what ever the other side is thinking who knows .. make ur own list the send it.   Right now this bad cycle of blame is just going to go in a circle jerk. And personally having read the stuff I have read I probally myself would of given harsher terms just for bringing this out in the open the way it has but that is personal and not a reflection of what is really going on as I would have no clue to that honestly.  The whole situation is sad when we think about it amd the resentment these threads has caused.  Dont get me wrong there is nothing like a good war to bring out the best in the game but with the way things are happening now from what I have read it is only going to get worse and worse. 

I get what you're trying to convey and I appreciate your attempt at offering a solution. But I do think that it's a fallacy to point out our threads/responses as the *cause* of the delays. They aren't. They're a reaction to some shady shit which was being pulled.

We will not be offering our own terms because that move would be unprecedented and against our own interest. Should our offers be seriously entertained by coalition B representatives (that is to say: without constant delays), I suspect you will find us rather reasonable.

• Upvote 4

os9LcJK.gif

See now this was a good post cept for ome part.  The shady part. Everyone in their right mind knows politics are simply shady. As well  will be bold and state shady is what makes politics as well know that backdoor deals are what makes everything.  But the whole thing is u dont bring the shady put and e pect it to solve anything.  In public when ur doing this just makes all to not trust anyone whether ur the leader or just a peon somewhere in the AA.. hence why blaming each other makes it all worse.  If u dont want to offer ur own surrender terms I get that but that does not mean u still can not be more aggressive in the back channels.  If there is no back channel make one and invite people... and maybe without terms start talking bout a leaf game or football game or Roqs exhurberent hair style or something .. but just because terms are not being discussed as demanded does not mean simple conversation will not lead to solutions  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, brucemna said:

See now this was a good post cept for ome part.  The shady part. Everyone in their right mind knows politics are simply shady. As well  will be bold and state shady is what makes politics as well know that backdoor deals are what makes everything.  But the whole thing is u dont bring the shady put and e pect it to solve anything.  In public when ur doing this just makes all to not trust anyone whether ur the leader or just a peon somewhere in the AA.. hence why blaming each other makes it all worse.  If u dont want to offer ur own surrender terms I get that but that does not mean u still can not be more aggressive in the back channels.  If there is no back channel make one and invite people... and maybe without terms start talking bout a leaf game or football game or Roqs exhurberent hair style or something .. but just because terms are not being discussed as demanded does not mean simple conversation will not lead to solutions  

I agree with this. Nice post!

3 hours ago, brucemna said:

Well, I tried to find what alliance you're in, but it seems your nation is deleted.  So I'm not sure which gov has been feeding you this nonsense.

T$ has specifically tried to get in contact with Coalition B with every means at its disposal.  This INCLUDES back channelling, attempting to use the peace server, and through the people y'all designated as negotiation reps.  I urge you to look at the logs presented in Partisan's post from a week ago, but your own gov(s) are trying to extend the war and this arcane process is a part of that strategy. 

You discuss NPO's history of defeat.  Understand that every single time EMC was on top, not once were peace talks conducted as such.  Sure there were fights over surrender, which EMC actually gave up a little bit with NPO during ToT, but NEVER were terms not given and NEVER was surrender ignored because as Roq said T$ hasn't been at war long enough.  

I don't think anyone in Coalition A cares about who is to blame anymore.  We are just attempting in good faith to reach peace, and this is not being reciprocated by Coalition B, and our frustrations have reached such a point that we're posting publicly for members like you to see.  You'd think your solutions are commonsense (I do too), and if you believe in them, then tell your leadership to accept such actions like backchannelling in good faith.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

How dare you besmirch my good name and accuse me of leaking back channel information. 

Official petition for @Prefonteen to change his forum name

6 hours ago, Buorhann said:

I like new players with no nations attempt to blend a pixelated game and court of law in the real world from some unknown nation together.

(Protip:  He did attempt to go through the back channels first.  Maybe you should read thoroughly before criticizing.)

At this point y’all should really just have an arbiter handle peace negotiations. We need some real world legal machinations here.

25 minutes ago, Cooper_ said:

Well, I tried to find what alliance you're in, but it seems your nation is deleted.  So I'm not sure which gov has been feeding you this nonsense.

T$ has specifically tried to get in contact with Coalition B with every means at its disposal.  This INCLUDES back channelling, attempting to use the peace server, and through the people y'all designated as negotiation reps.  I urge you to look at the logs presented in Partisan's post from a week ago, but your own gov(s) are trying to extend the war and this arcane process is a part of that strategy. 

You discuss NPO's history of defeat.  Understand that every single time EMC was on top, not once were peace talks conducted as such.  Sure there were fights over surrender, which EMC actually gave up a little bit with NPO during ToT, but NEVER were terms not given and NEVER was surrender ignored because as Roq said T$ hasn't been at war long enough.  

I don't think anyone in Coalition A cares about who is to blame anymore.  We are just attempting in good faith to reach peace, and this is not being reciprocated by Coalition B, and our frustrations have reached such a point that we're posting publicly for members like you to see.  You'd think your solutions are commonsense (I do too), and if you believe in them, then tell your leadership to accept such actions like backchannelling in good faith.  

The only thing you'll accomplish by making public appeals will, at best, further galvanize your own coalition members remaining in the protracted conflict. But you aren't going to cause any of the members in the opposing coalition to even think twice about it by making direct appeals to them. Whether or not there is any merit to them being lied to, most either do not care or simply have no reason to go against their own alliances' interests. The only thing public appeals like this will do, in my personal experiences, will be to agitate your opponents and further frustrate the process to ending the war. Which means the best way of ending the war is still the same as it has been; sit down at the table and accept the reality. Everybody has already rattled their sabers about how this can continue indefinitely if X, Y or Z demands aren't met. We really don't need another round of that. It's incredibly stale.

3 minutes ago, Comrade Marx said:

The only thing you'll accomplish by making public appeals will, at best, further galvanize your own coalition members remaining in the protracted conflict. But you aren't going to cause any of the members in the opposing coalition to even think twice about it by making direct appeals to them. Whether or not there is any merit to them being lied to, most either do not care or simply hve no reason to go against their own alliances' interests. The only thing public appeals like this will do, in my personal experiences, will be to agitate your opponents and further frustrate the process to ending the war. Which means the best way of ending the war is still the same as it has been; sit down at the table and accept the reality. Everybody has already rattled their sabers about how this can continue indefinitely if X, Y or Z demands aren't met. We really don't need another round of that. It's incredibly stale.

Once again: How can you expect us to "sit down at the table" if there is no table to sit down at?

• Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

23 minutes ago, Comrade Marx said:

The only thing you'll accomplish by making public appeals will, at best, further galvanize your own coalition members remaining in the protracted conflict. But you aren't going to cause any of the members in the opposing coalition to even think twice about it by making direct appeals to them. Whether or not there is any merit to them being lied to, most either do not care or simply have no reason to go against their own alliances' interests. The only thing public appeals like this will do, in my personal experiences, will be to agitate your opponents and further frustrate the process to ending the war. Which means the best way of ending the war is still the same as it has been; sit down at the table and accept the reality. Everybody has already rattled their sabers about how this can continue indefinitely if X, Y or Z demands aren't met. We really don't need another round of that. It's incredibly stale.

I think then the issue is how do you propose to move forwards? Because we've been sitting at the table for over 20 days, and the other party's refused to show up. Normal channels did not work. Channels through contacts did not work. What possible other channels are there other than the public forum? It's a long shot that maybe internal alliance pressures can maybe force IQ alliance leadership into actually doing something, but it's still better than the absolute nothing that we've had before. IQ has more or less forced this to continue indefinitely, and unfortunately, we're stuck along for the ride because it takes 2 to peace out. 

On 11/28/2019 at 12:11 AM, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Rude to come into somebody's thread and ask them who they are. :P

Sorry, you must be new to the game.  Welcome to Orbis!  Please have fun while you're here, and remember that you are all playing a game, and that behind each screen is a living, breathing person with feelings. I hope that everyone can be respectful of each other, even when we disagree, and realize that while this is a competitive game, there's no need to take it to a personal level. Be kinder to each other. We can all work together to make a better, friendlier, less toxic community by having compassion and respect for one another.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

2 hours ago, Keza Purple said:

With same people in leadership is  the same NPO. 

Roquentin is the former leader of Umbrella. Keshav is a former leader of MK.  If you link me to their alliance page I can tell you who is actually as NPO as they've ever been and who is not.  The I've named are the leadership and neither was NPO before NPO joined the game, developed and then adjusted its leadership and eventually arrived here.  Whatever you're trying doesn't match up with facts.

GICjEwp.gif

5 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Roquentin is the former leader of Umbrella. Keshav is a former leader of MK.  If you link me to their alliance page I can tell you who is actually as NPO as they've ever been and who is not.  The I've named are the leadership and neither was NPO before NPO joined the game, developed and then adjusted its leadership and eventually arrived here.  Whatever you're trying doesn't match up with facts.

What is this Umbrella and MK you speak of? You talk as if you have been to other worlds! I fear strangelet's have possessed your body! We must preform an exorcism! Alas, you do not believe in the way of the Atom. Your soul has already been condemened to the nothingness that surrounds this universe. May Atom have mercy on your soul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

On 11/30/2019 at 7:22 AM, brucemna said:

Now that's a name I haven't seen in quite some time. Hey there Bruce.

I am not a member of Guardian p&w

f2VouKU.png

14 hours ago, James II said:

What is this Umbrella and MK you speak of? You talk as if you have been to other worlds! I fear strangelet's have possessed your body! We must preform an exorcism! Alas, you do not believe in the way of the Atom. Your soul has already been condemened to the nothingness that surrounds this universe. May Atom have mercy on your soul.

I was responding to the poster who was referencing the very same things except that poster was quite confused about things.

• Downvote 1

GICjEwp.gif

55 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

I was responding to the poster who was referencing the very same things except that poster was quite confused about things.

I see no reference to this imaginary world of yours. Only someone who is possessed could conjure up such a fabrication! Your soul is lost to the strangelet! Away with you demon!

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

10 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

The problem, and I've noticed this with several GOONs posters lately, is that you're responding to posts referencing years of context and background within this game but you're informing your opinions with context from an entirely different game. 

There's a large gap in your community's understanding of how exactly everyone has arrived to where they are currently at. 

• Upvote 2

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.