Recent Changes Made to P&W [Poll]

Changeup

Recent Changes Made to P&W Poll  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the Achievements update?

2. 2. Do you approve of Test Server server update in order to upgrade the main server?

3. 3. Do you approve of improved screening for baseball bots?

4. 4. Do you approve of the new mobile navbar?

5. 5. Do you approve of recent VIP upgrades?

• All of them
    • Only VIP Party
    • Only direct image uploading/not forgetting customization
    • None of them
  6. 6. Do you approve of not taxing beige nations to prevent inactive tax abuse?

7. 7. Do you approve of the new Wars UI?

8. 8. Do you approve of spy odds being changed to only show </> 50%?

9. 9. Do you approve of the smaller changes not individually included here?

10. 10. Do you approve of removing Keno/Dice?

19 minutes ago, Epi said:

Tfw Sheepy nerfs the spy war so you actually have to do intel ops.  But 20 milcom dudes die inside because their work can't be automated.

The spy change just hurts the people who aren't organized. This change benefits the alliance who were already good at the spy game, it's a terrible change because it skews it harder (even though it benefits me, I disagree with the change)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Epi said:

Tfw Sheepy nerfs the spy war so you actually have to do intel ops.  But 20 milcom dudes die inside because their work can't be automated.

I mean you can still figure out spy counts.  Instead of triangulating you now have to use a couple more data points.  This is just going to hurt members because now spy attacks are harder to do given the inaccuracy.  If Sheepy wanted to fix it, he'd just limit the number of odds a given user can see in a day.  I'd do the aforementioned and bring back the old odds predictions.  

It is interesting though that Sheepy "fixes" spies while not touching anything on the completely-broken war mechanics.  I mean there is the plane issue, inability to ever really win a war, bank problems, etc.  

Edited by Cooper_
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TitoBroz said:

Imagine agreeing that beige can't be taxed. If you're inactive the least you can do to help your alliance is give them money. Otherwise, get kicked out.

Inactives have already not been taxed, though. The problem was greys being attacked and beiged, then producing taxes for a couple days before going back into inactive and shutting off again. It made no sense.

3 minutes ago, Teaspoon said:

Inactives have already not been taxed, though. The problem was greys being attacked and beiged, then producing taxes for a couple days before going back into inactive and shutting off again. It made no sense.

This is hardly a problem. The only alliance that can even pull Alex's doom scenario of making 30m/day for beiging 50 nation's is GPWC.

And I honestly don't give a shit if someone makes 25% what my alliance does per day by using that much effort. 

The change has only made beige cycling a literal alliance killer to solve a problem that doesn't exist outside of Alex's head and the heads of people lacking critical thinking skills to look ahead more than 2 steps.

The way beige cycling and mechanics that contribute to it work is a huge problem for a lot of other reasons too. I don't think this change makes it that much worse.

There are quite a lot of gameplay issues that this war had brought to the forefront and I expect to see many changes in the near future if Alex wants the game to grow, or at the very least stop hemorrhaging active players - but that's a topic for another time.

Edited by Teaspoon