Question in Regards to Embargoes

Neko_Abandoned

I've been Embargoed by about 5 people for declining a trade that was 46,000 for 1 food and these people say it is baseball related can someone please tell me if Embargoes stops you from playing baseball and is it common to turn down such food offers

Edited by Neko

If you've played a lot of baseball games, some might try sending an offer to try getting you to pay a 30% tip. If you're not keeping track, sometimes can be hard to tell if you're trying to get you to pay a fair amount. Although at worst they can embargo you and that will prevent you from playing more games with them until they remove it.

So depends if you played a lot of baseball whether it would be common, although if they're trying to get you to pay when you haven't made a lot more than that playing baseball with them already; they're trying to rip you off. Baseball tips are always optional though & you can also just send random tips as you play to keep some people satisfied without dong the math.

• Upvote 3

Because home games make you money while away games do not, most people who play baseball regularly have established a system of people who play home games tipping 30% of their winnings to the person who played the away game they matched against. If you play a bunch of home games without tipping, your name goes on a list and the people who regularly play away games will embargo you so you don't get matched up with them anymore.

• Upvote 2

Is that what it was, someone sent me a stupid trade the exact same without any context. Obviously I cancelled it. I'm at war too. I received many embargoes from GOONS too. 

Edited by Clarke
  • Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

On 11/25/2019 at 6:32 PM, Teaspoon said:

Because home games make you money while away games do not, most people who play baseball regularly have established a system of people who play home games tipping 30% of their winnings to the person who played the away game they matched against. If you play a bunch of home games without tipping, your name goes on a list and the people who regularly play away games will embargo you so you don't get matched up with them anymore.

That would make sense I wasn't certain as to why, I was but one of my recent embargoes from Goons was a person who I was playing against a lot one day.

the guy who sent the trade however was not someone I recall playing against.

if they were organized I guess itd be very profitable and this information is very interesting I made a decent sum of cash that day.

Edited by Neko

I think it would be beneficial to be able to attach messages to trade deal offers.

I think everyone has gone through the same situation as you (myself included) and had to figure out why people were trying to sell them such extortionate food. 

If the embargoes were by GOONS then most will have a contact link in their profiles on how to resolve any issue. For other alliances I think you might have to do it on an individual basis.

• Upvote 1