A Life Without Micros

Papi Winter

Need an alliance, don't have enough score to create one ? Don't worry MDL will help you for the neat price of $100,000,000.00, if that's to expensive you don't deserve to be a micro.

Having an alliance > building cities ;)

32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

24 minutes ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

Need an alliance, don't have enough score to create one ? Don't worry MDL will help you for the neat price of $100,000,000.00, if that's to expensive you don't deserve to be a micro.

Having an alliance > building cities ;)

I do it for only $10m each, so that's kind of a rip off. lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I do it for only $10m each, so that's kind of a rip off. lol

damn competition driving the prices down, i have a population to feed, have mercy.... 

$9,500,000.00, :sob:

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
  • Haha 1
luffyt$forum.gif

Just now, MonkeyDLegend said:

damn competition driving the prices down, i have a population to feed, have mercy.... 

$9,500,000.00, then :sob:

All my customers have all approached me & offered that. So was some easy money, although mostly if someone comes to me with a business proposition worth my time for money; that's usually enough. Although never been offered below or above $10m to do it. lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

All my customers have all approached me & offered that. So was some easy money, although mostly if someone comes to me with a business proposition worth my time for money; that's usually enough. Although never been offered below or above $10m to do it. lol

Same here, but i do not take money for making an aa unless they insist on it.... 

luffyt$forum.gif

Just now, MonkeyDLegend said:

Same here, but i do not take money for making an aa unless they insist on it.... 

Well, yeah. They kinda did & spoke of wanting to do more business in the future. Although don't think I've heard from them since. Also had to temporarily make someone else AA Owner of Kingsglaive when I did it; so was kind of out of my way. :P

2 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Well, yeah. They kinda did & spoke of wanting to do more business in the future. Although don't think I've heard from them since. Also had to temporarily make someone else AA Owner of Kingsglaive when I did it; so was kind of out of my way. :P

haha, that's tipycall tho, also i don't think alex intended to give pioneers like us buisness with limiting who can make an aa XD 

i'm glad he did, free money when they insist :3

luffyt$forum.gif

1 hour ago, kalev60 said:

I for one have to polar opposite view then OP, there should only be the top 50 alliances on the leader-boards, everyone else be either disbanded automatically or merged into better AA´s automatically by the game. Micros are ridiculous, especially the ones under 10 members, they add pointless and irrelevant noise to the discord and forums, and their leaderships in most cases are more about ego trips for leading members then actually serving their memberships. 

lol, lets kill of the game by preventing any new alliances from forming. So just the same dinosaurs leading the same old alliances bring more stale ideas, once they're past their prime & still holding onto power despite no goals beyond self preservation anymore. Sounds like a great idea to prevent change from the status quo! :P

Although suggesting from now on everyone should just join the same old alliances led by the same people, with nobody being able to bring something new to the table sounds hard to believe you can be serious about anyways. :P

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

Being a micro is more about mentality than about size.

Frankly if you have under 10 members you're either Oblivion, Generic brand Oblivion, or you probably shouldn't exist, I find. Actually the same holds true often for under 20 members. The average alliance size in PW is 25-30ish, if you can't get above 20 people who are relatively active and build them up, ya probably shouldn't exist.

10 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Frankly if you have under 10 members you're either Oblivion, Generic brand Oblivion, or you probably shouldn't exist, I find. Actually the same holds true often for under 20 members. The average alliance size in PW is 25-30ish, if you can't get above 20 people who are relatively active and build them up, ya probably shouldn't exist.

Thing is micros start small. I was under 10 for a while fighting a bunch of alliances; although up to 15 now. Would expect to be over 20 within a few months.

Keeping membership small on the AA for tactical reasons while at war can be smart as well; so can't just judge an alliance by their member count; when having members on the AA isn't even really required.

Edit; Also have no intention of even staying a micro, just for the last few months war has prioritized other stuff. Also not a rush to get a bunch of other members on the AA; when we have others to build up first.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Upvote 1

Disclaimer:
Opinions expressed previous to this comment in this forum post do not represent the official opinion of The Regiment.

Whether or not an alliance is a micro depends on perspective and mentality. To a current or previous top 15's perspective TR is a micro. To a brand new alliance, it is not. TR's current mentality is somewhere between micro and macro. We are trying to move past the HTO daysm and those before, as well as that mentality, but old habits die slowly.

• Upvote 1

JKS-forum-signature.jpg

22 minutes ago, JackRackham429 said:

Disclaimer:
Opinions expressed previous to this comment in this forum post do not represent the official opinion of The Regiment.

Whether or not an alliance is a micro depends on perspective and mentality. To a current or previous top 15's perspective TR is a micro. To a brand new alliance, it is not. TR's current mentality is somewhere between micro and macro. We are trying to move past the HTO daysm and those before, as well as that mentality, but old habits die slowly.

There are micros that have been in the Top 5. Example: Pantheon circa 2018.

What makes a micro a micro is the lack/inability to have an impact (or at the very least a plan to have an impact) on the global political landscape.

• Upvote 2

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

5 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

@Robert E Lee 

Well said Lee, well said.  But throu this page North Point has shown quite the opposite opinion of us, so does that truely show how they treat people? 

Wait what did I say

5 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

Edited by Robert E Lee

Actually plenty of the big alliances with no idea what they’re doing or why; if willing to do anything at all who are the real drain of players ending up where they’ll never make a difference & if they do have an impact on something it will be because another alliance wanted them to; often not even knowing why or towards end.

Although at the same time even a micro can impact the actions of much bigger alliances just with by saying an idea publicly which catches on, with most in mass member alliances never knowing the reasons behind what they’re doing regardless. Part of reason Col B is pretty much under direct control of Roq is most of the other leaders don’t know how to make good decisions. Actually not many competent leader in most of the Top Ranked alliances...

If you want more micros, just make a micro. All you need are the nation score pre-requisites, a discord server with the permissions set up correctly, a few good spreadsheets, some basic people skills and some daily activity and effort on your own part. Also, avoid being a chundering lump of dog eggs, as that can hinder things.

Le1AjCa.png

On 11/24/2019 at 1:18 AM, CitrusK said:

So, I edited your piece a tiny bit to make it more readable. I've only read it once though, so I can probably read it again for more information.

I also added little suggestions and such. 

Either way, your opinion is your opinion.

I appreciate it. But again i did write this in 20 minutes. But Thanks for the feedback

18 minutes ago, Papi Salamander said:

I appreciate it. But again i did write this in 20 minutes. But Thanks for the feedback

It takes less than a second to hit the return key, a total of maybe 2 seconds to properly space the thing. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Akuryo said:

It takes less than a second to hit the return key, a total of maybe 2 seconds to properly space the thing. Just saying.

Ight I might have said some things i dont mean and im sorry for being rude

Edited by Papi Salamander