Change daychange  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Change daychange?

• Suggestion 1: move dc
    • Suggestion 2: cycle dc
    • Suggestion 3: distribute dc
    • Suggestion 4: set dc individually
    • No change!

Think it would over complicate things having when day change happens constantly rotating. Also changing it to try making more convenient for some would just make more inconvenient for others. So not sure I see the point at all. Also don't think its a good idea having day change happen at different times for different people, since we're all playing in the same persistent world. So things should sync up in when they happen. Don't feel like spending a lot of time explaining why I think it should be that way, but that's my opinion at least.

Edit: Although of all your proposed idea, I think changing when it happens & everyone just needing to adjust to that would make the most sense out of the options if he decides another time for it would be better. Although I'd much rather have it happen midnight than in the afternoon for me personally, so don't really like the time you picked personally.

Edit 2: What I don't like about the distributed way of doing it is already this game runs of kind of a 24 hour schedule; where people often need to just skip sleep & keep checking the game every 2 hours to play it most effectively. This change would just add to the need for people to be constantly playing 24 hours a day in order to be most effective.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Edit 2: What I don't like about the distributed way of doing it is already this game runs of kind of a 24 hour schedule; where people often need to just skip sleep & keep checking the game every 2 hours to play it most effectively. This change would just add to the need for people to be constantly playing 24 hours a day in order to be most effective.

The way it's intended isn't that you have to login every 2 hours to buy your military for that turn but that it would stack up. I.e. if you buy military every turn but then skip a turn then the turn after the skipped turn you could buy military for both of these turns. And this would stack up all the way to being able to buy 24 turns worth of military equalling the double buy at current daychange.

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

Just now, Dryad said:

The way it's intended isn't that you have to login every 2 hours to buy your military for that turn but that it would stack up. I.e. if you buy military every turn but then skip a turn then the turn after the skipped turn you could buy military for both of these turns. And this would stack up all the way to being able to buy 24 turns worth of military equalling the double buy at current daychange.

Already the MAP gain every 2 hours does so people playing 24 hours a day can play more effectively than those who just log in a few times a day or just not as much; even though MAP stack. This would add to this advantage of constantly logging in even it stacks, rather than people just needing to plan on 1 time a day for it. At least with the MAP thing, if you use it all up; you can get at least 6 hours of sleep maybe before possibly doing your next attack if you don't need to also be rebuying your military every 2 hours as well..

Option 4 is decent, i could agree to that, but not that it's public. :ninja: 

32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Would be kind of annoying fighting multiple wars if they all have different day changes though. :P

It would, but this can be both positive and negative, it depends on ur team. It's a strategic game so i can already see a good strategy :P 

• Like 2
luffyt$forum.gif

Problem with suggestion 1: the current setup already DOES benefit as many players as possible. 

Location of P&W Players:

North America: 59%
Europe: 21%
Australia: 6%
Asia: 10%
South America: 3%
Africa: 2%

Most recent, as in from like 5 minutes ago when I had somebody in my DMs make a nation and click through the survey.

According to this, 62% of people have update at an optimum time. All of Australia, China, and well the Far East in general, has update at pretty workable times, 8am in all of China for example. Now of course Asia refers to India and probably the Middle East too, but at worst you're looking at over 70% of the playerbase currently having update at a workable time.

So yes, I'm sorry, I do view this as pretty reasonable, all things considered that the system is gonna screw somebody over, it's screwing over a minority of people.

Problem with Suggestion 2 loops off of the aboves points. It's not really "fair" for everyone because 62% of the game is in a small set of timezones. If you think it's frustrating being Milcom now imagine you need to counter blitz, but your alliance of 80 people has 65 North Americans and 57 of them are asleep because daychange is midnight at best. Congratulations, you just KOd an entire alliance, and this is going to be far more common than it is now with Europeans, it's literally more than double the people. 

Suggestion 3 has been covered before, repeatedly, and shot-down before. Largely because it significantly slants towards with higher activity.

Suggestion 4 has also been discussed before and is the only one here that doesn't blow it's own leg off with a shotgun by not looking at the numbers and actually thinking it through in a pragmatic sense.

However there is some semblance of skill to wars in this game centered around daychange, and so option 4 should also come with a "National Clock" category on nationpages. What it does is show the time for that nation, midnight being daychange for them. 

Changing of the setting to alter your daychange should be. 5-10 timer on it as well to make abuse pretty much impossible.

Edit: incase it's not obvious, number 4 is the mathematically superior choice, capable of achieving 100% optimum timing :v

Edited by Akuryo
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

It would, but this can be both positive and negative, it depends on ur team. It's a strategic game so i can already see a good strategy :P 

Maybe, but I'd rather the game not become more demanding in your whole life revolving around it 24/7 while at war. If it gets to annoying to play unless your entire life revolves it; think less would play. Already it can be to time demanding for people constantly st war. Being awake for 8 different day changes if fighting 8 wars & you don't want them doing a double buy attack while you're sleeping would be a bit much.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Maybe, but I'd rather the game not become more demanding in your whole life revolving around it 24/7 while at war. If it gets to annoying to play unless your entire life revolves it; think less would play. Already it can be to time demanding for people constantly st war. Being awake for 8 different day changes if fighting 8 wars & you don't want them doing a double buy attack while you're sleeping would be a bit much.

I don't agree fully with ur point, you win some and lose some which should be a part of the game. (i'd advise you try playing a bit on test server where the pace is higher)
But i do agree with one point: It does make the game way more complex.
Edit: which could scare away more players, PnW isn't a magnet for new players either.

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
luffyt$forum.gif

Just now, MonkeyDLegend said:

I don't agree fully with ur point, you win some and lose some which should be a part of the game. (i'd advise you try playing a bit on test server where the pace is higher)
But i do agree with one point: It does make the game way more complex.

Also just people randomly attacking with new wars; you wouldn't just have one time during the day where people might be able to catch you with a double buy; instead every 2 hours you could possibly be attacked with your opponent doing a double buy on you. Personally I think already people can gain a pretty big edge quickly just attacking before turn change if they take ground and air control. If every 2 hours people can potentially also do a double buy as they try quickly taking ground and air control from you; might just be down to nuking  by the time you realize you're at war.

43 minutes ago, Epi said:

I support number 4. Allowing individuals to set their own Day-Change and for this to be a public or private feature positively impacts casuals, raiders and folks planning alliance wars. It's not just about the blitz, it's about drawn out combat. And it'd be nice to see something like Keegoz's 3am blitz from Rose. Where you can set your DC on the opposite timezone from your opponent and catch them off-guard and without a rebuy.

Getting hit by 3 down declares doing double buys at different times, as you militarize up to try fighting off the previous ones sounds fun at least.