Question for the player base currently at war.

Prefontaine

Wait or go?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should these changes be delayed until the war finishes?

• Don't change anything til after the war
    • Implement all 3 changes while the war is continuing
    • Implement the first one (project), but not the unit cost changes.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

They should be made now, as this war is being dragged out for not reason other than the ego boost, maybe making plans cost more and tanks cost less, and among other things I would like to finally see a project that shot down planes.

Compared to real world tanks and planes, either planes should be using less aluminum or tanks should be using more steel for the sake of verisimilitude. I don't think you've noticed, but tanks are huge.

• Downvote 2

ribbon - golden steak.png

Feeding the alliance, one conquest at a time.

2 minutes ago, Teaspoon said:

Lowering tank cost would be quite helpful indeed, especially given how easy they are to destroy in large quantities at lower tiers.

Emperor Sphinx of Tsardom of Slavia ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Wippelandia and eliminated 12 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. Emperor Sphinx's forces lost 0 aircraft, while The Päällikkö Wip's defenders lost 0 aircraft. The attack destroyed 388.02 infrastructure in the city of Wiptown and 8,729 tanks.
not only at the lower tier ?

I agree these changes wouldn't have a big impact on the war. Tank cost should be reduced imo, I'm not sure if plane cost should be increased however. If this is supposed to be a nerf to planes then I'm not sure this will have the desired effect as the side losing more planes will have higher cost rebuilding them and thus it becomes more difficult to challenge established plane dominance, on the other hand if plane cost was to be reduced then they would become more "spammable" and perhaps would make it easier to fight back similar to how the held down side doesnt mind spamming soldiers.

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

3 minutes ago, Valid User Name said:

Compared to real world tanks and planes, either planes should be using less aluminum or tanks should be using more steel for the sake of verisimilitude. I don't think you've noticed, but tanks are huge.

You’ve missed the thread where this things were discussed. If you want realism go outside. This is a game. Not everything will be grounded in reality. 

scSqPGJ.gif

I would prefer to see soldiers having the ability to fire surface to air and surface to water missiles to target planes and ships.   Would also like to see ships having the power to fight off air and troops.  (Not project related)

In addition I would like to see a defending nation having a shorter (12 or 18) hour rebuild ability.  Defending nation is on home land and presumably has shorter supply lines than an attacking one. 

I would also like to see the scoring adjusted to relate more heavily to military in the battlefield at the time of declaration.  As it stands now someone in 1000 range can have 60K troops only and be attacked by 3 smaller city nations with 110k soldiers 1000 tanks, 500 planes and 30-45 ships (each).  There’s absolutely no defense under that situation.  

Edited by Kaz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Honestly I’d advocate for the tank/plane change to be made post war. There’s no telling how it’ll upset the balance of the war, so we’re better off keeping the status quo for now. As for the extra project slot, sure there’s a likelihood of people using it for an extra military project but the majority of warring nations are sitting on sub 1.2k infra per city. It won’t effect the larger city nations at all. There’s little harm in pushing out that idea for the neutrals in this war.

When you say 1 additional project for all players, do you mean an extra project slot separate from the ones we get from infra? So even if we're above the max projects for our infra, we can build another? Not really sure what you mean by that, although if he adds any useful military projects that could be useful.

(Although I'd vote yes if it would give an extra project slot for everyone, regardless of whether they're above their project limit for their infra. Otherwise seems pointless and I'd vote no, as it'd only benefit some with no real reason for it)

Edit: I voted no on all three, since OP says the extra project slot for everyone won't really effect most. So doesn't sound like everyone will get to build an extra project from it. Also no way to vote for the others individually, but changing the cost of units doesn't sound like a very exciting change anyways.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

Also for anyone to dense to realize it, the extra project slot would mostly just benefit alliances like GOONS; who are joining the game mid war if it doesn't also give an extra project slot to those who are already above their projects for their infra...

Edit: I'm National Project Slots: 13/4, even if I was 13/5; would take many months of peace to see any benefit from just 1 extra slot.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

Tbh, I think unit resource usage is less important than unit production caps. Unit production caps should either be done away with or made so high it's irrelevant. 

In real war, resource availability was the real bottleneck, not so much production facilities, and in PnW we have more resources than we know what to do with. 

If we increased production cap we'd be able to burn resources faster, diminish the already staggering alliance bank stockpiles, and experience war lengths that are actually reasonable.

Sure we could just increase resource usage for each unit, but it'd be far more fun to have ten times more planes, tanks, and ships than ten times more expensive planes, tanks, and ships. 

I've talked about this before if you wish to read on it. 

That being said, I'd support increasing the cost of planes.

Edited by Malleator
  • Like 1

Love you

The cost changes wouldn’t really matter in the scheme of things, so these changes mid war would mostly benefit the side who already has the advantage. (Since the project slot would be a huge benefit for Col B ) So not sure why these changes are even being considered during the war tbh.

8 minutes ago, xCTHULHUx said:

Well, first, I'd like to say how about we roll back this 'WAR' page change to the interface.

As for these changes, why would you even consider them before the war is over?  Why mess with a 'good' thing?

Should actually be an exciting change if he's going to do something during the war, rather than just imbalance things. lol