An Announcement from Coalition A Regarding Peace Talks

Prefonteen

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Yeah, we know that's bullshit.  Both Adrienne and Keegoz have shown that your side has constantly kept them going around.

Pretty sure at one point it just died off when they were told about the NAP/surrender being the essential parts and then walked away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

It does contribute. I mean the others could have started negotiating the terms. They decided to walk away instead. That's not our fault. If you formally state you end the negotiations and go public with it, then they're not ongoing.

Keep in mind in your side dragged out its surrender to try to get ours go totally broke. Did you anticipate no backlash? 

Logs I've seen contradict your point re: ketog being the one dragging it out. I can post them if you want and prove the above to be bullshit. Or would you then turn around and call me out for "leaking" again? 

As for the rest... How dare we as a coalition refuse to let you guys dick us around seperately. Shame on us I Guess? 

os9LcJK.gif

4 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

Logs I've seen contradict your point re: ketog being the one dragging it out. I can post them if you want and prove the above to be bullshit. Or would you then turn around and call me out for "leaking" again? 

As for the rest... How dare we as a coalition refuse to let you guys dick us around seperately. Shame on us I Guess? 

It's been a tit for tat response. One side feels it's in a good position to hold out  doesn't want to concede and then the other doesn't either. 

Your informant can probably find a log where EM shows a convo with a Rose milcom detailing their side's strategy though.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

Yeah, but the thing is it's not working.  As he confirmed.

What's your definition of 'working'? GOONS is a brand new alliance here in PnW. You guys really don't need to entrench yourselves with one side over a war that you joined late.

2 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Keep in mind in your side dragged out its surrender to try to get ours go totally broke. Did you anticipate no backlash? 

I personally broke down the data for Col A leadership at one point showing how the nation builds of major coalition B alliances were self-sustaining at worst and likely still profitable. Even as a third party who's only here for the math - I can confirm they did not actually expect you to go broke.

Not sure if that helps smooth things or not.

8 hours ago, Roquentin said:

It's been a tit for tat response. One side feels it's in a good position to hold out  doesn't want to concede and then the other doesn't either. 

Your informant can probably find a log where EM shows a convo with a Rose milcom detailing their side's strategy though.

A tit for tat response which began with you guys literally delaying tS' peace and setting a deliberately obstructive structure. 

Once again we've tried bringing up concerns in private, offered compromises and waited for 20 days before we made our public response. That's plenty of leeway in which you could've said "you know what, let's find a solution". 

Trying to leverage our response to hold us accountable for peace stalling isn't really justifiable, and hence our pushback. 

7 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Edited by Prefonteen

os9LcJK.gif

4 hours ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

To you.

Correct, which given he's mentioning CoA and CoB's opinion means he's dragging things out by purposefully attempting to discuss negotiation terms in public when it's always done privately.  We're not the ones who are urgently wanted the war to end.

GICjEwp.gif

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well that's hardly for lack of effort on his part now is it?

What's going in these threads is entirely counterproductive. CoB's negotiating team might start talking to him again if he closes these threads and contacts them in the negotiations server in private.

GICjEwp.gif

15 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

What's going in these threads is entirely counterproductive. CoB's negotiating team might start talking to him again if he closes these threads and contacts them in the negotiations server in private.

"Might"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ComradeMilton said:

The thing is that they were never talking to Partisan in the first place. If these threads close, the status quo will be restored, which means that Partisan still won’t be negotiated with. While these threads certainly aren’t helping peace, they aren’t really hurting either, since either way there would be no negotiations.

2 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

On the contrary, CoBs duplicity and stonewalling made going public the only productive option.

• Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

2 hours ago, MCMaster-095 said:

The thing is that they were never talking to Partisan in the first place. If these threads close, the status quo will be restored, which means that Partisan still won’t be negotiated with. While these threads certainly aren’t helping peace, they aren’t really hurting either, since either way there would be no negotiations.

I mean he or another representative will get negotiated with when they have actual terms for his group. That's it. These term ideas had been around for 4-5 months on a maybe basis with some of them only being actualized in response to the surrender topic. You could always talk about the ones you have currently in terms of the 1st one and not accept until later.

He took on the role of janitor when it was all fun and games for him before and he has to deal with it as is rather than trying to drastically change it unilaterally. Not really our fault they caused issues. His alliance wouldn't be in this situation if they had been the least bit diplomatic with their own ally. If he wants to take it as us trying to make tS disband, then that's his prerogative.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

Correct, which given he's mentioning CoA and CoB's opinion means he's dragging things out by purposefully attempting to discuss negotiation terms in public when it's always done privately.  We're not the ones who are urgently wanted the war to end.

9 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

9 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

Well he's seriously impugned his reputation regarding private discussion so personally might now not be someone to be negotiated with. tS might have to send an alternate.

Nah. I have throughout my tenure been very consistent in carrying out my belief that logs are fair game to be used when one is directly lying about matters said in private. These logs merely clear our name from false accusations. I have also been completely open about my intention to play the cards above the table going into these negotiations. 

Nothing is new about my approach, nor is it shocking in sky way shape or form. Merely prudent. 

You do not get to gaslight about your frustrations of peace without pushback. Sorry. 

7 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

Partisan isn't a member of CoA.  This is a topic about CoA.  But I referred to him with the presumption that ts's separate negotiations would be led b him.

We are a member of CoA as per both our and CoA's definition. You refusing to recognize that and us initially being willing to compromise on negotiating seperately does not change that. 

5 hours ago, Roquentin said:

I mean he or another representative will get negotiated with when they have actual terms for his group. That's it. These term ideas had been around for 4-5 months on a maybe basis with some of them only being actualized in response to the surrender topic. You could always talk about the ones you have currently in terms of the 1st one and not accept until later.

He took on the role of janitor when it was all fun and games for him before and he has to deal with it as is rather than trying to drastically change it unilaterally. Not really our fault they caused issues. His alliance wouldn't be in this situation if they had been the least bit diplomatic with their own ally. If he wants to take it as us trying to make tS disband, then that's his prerogative.

Your negotiators last claimed they now have terms but refuse to negotiate with me, throwing up yet another barrier. 

So what is it? 

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

On 12/2/2019 at 2:32 AM, Reuben Cheuk said:

I must say, of all possible responses you could have made, the social darwinist one is one of the worst. I'm also surprised that this is coming from a GOONS member and someone whose national economic policies are "Extreme Left". Surely GOONS, who ideally seeks to provide a safe area for those traditionally trodden upon by society, condemns this sentiment. I, as a disabled person who would have been killed in Nazi Germany for a quirk of my DNA, find this attitude incongruent with the times. While I sympathise with your temporal predicament, which prevents you from ever writing sweet love letters to the long-dead Francis Galton, I suggest you avoid taking out your frustration on us.

Do be mindful that this dynamic you speak of, in which the strong crush the weak, is not necessarily grounded in reality. I hope you realise that while the strong may be more powerful, the weak are not going to take such indignities lying down. The weak can work together, and plan. So, for a counter-example to the predator-prey dynamic, observe that the sabre-toothed tiger, which evolved to prey on humans, is now extinct, dead by our hand.

All I want to say is that you should probably stop idolising hierarchies you would probably be at the bottom of.

Viva is disabled. They are also a former Hospital Corpsman and have shown time and time again they would be willing to die to protect anyone should the real world degrade in such a way. He's not "idolizing" a damn thing, and I'd appreciate you not -implying- such a thing about my members. This is an RP game. Or should I accuse you of thinking Imperialism is the real life way to go?

I know commonwealth members like to talk a lot of shit with nothing to back them up, but this absolutely takes the cake. Maybe don't pretend to know about someone's real life situation before speaking.

Note: Apologies for this being late. I simply only saw it now and couldn't let it stand.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Archibald said:

Viva is disabled. They are also a former Hospital Corpsman and have shown time and time again they would be willing to die to protect anyone should the real world degrade in such a way. He's not "idolizing" a damn thing, and I'd appreciate you not -implying- such a thing about my members. This is an RP game. Or should I accuse you of thinking Imperialism is the real life way to go?

I know commonwealth members like to talk a lot of shit with nothing to back them up, but this absolutely takes the cake. Maybe don't pretend to know about someone's real life situation before speaking.

Note: Apologies for this being late. I simply only saw it now and couldn't let it stand.

Please stop generalizing like that, if not all women is solid argument then not all TCW members is one too. I for one am too low IQ and too drunk to get further into this  Oppression Olympics you guys seem to be having going on just before Christmas. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kalev60 said:

Please stop generalizing like that, if not all women is solid argument then not all TCW members is one too. I for one am too low IQ and too drunk to get further into this  Oppression Olympics you guys seem to be having going on just before Christmas. 

The first half of your post is almost incomprehensible, but if you're saying tCW isn't daft you're certainly not helping your case.

An oppression olympics had nothing to do with anything. My point was that I didn't appreciate the implication that Viva is some sort of fascist trumpeter in the real world just cause he plays one on TV.

• Downvote 7

16 hours ago, Azaghul said:

On the contrary, CoBs duplicity and stonewalling made going public the only productive option.

What has it produced?

9 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

We are a member of CoA as per both our and CoA's definition. You refusing to recognize that and us initially being willing to compromise on negotiating seperately does not change that.

That's definitely why they're not speaking to you regarding CoA. 

• Downvote 2

GICjEwp.gif

8 hours ago, Archibald said:

My sincerest apologies for being presumptuous. I hope I did not cause too much harm with my message. I'll delete it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

What has it produced?

An entertaining political exchange to keep us interested while Farmville is paused is something.

On top of the self-satisfaction of exposing the disorganized hypocrisy and confused belligerence of your coalition in the meantime, it's not been so bad tbqh.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

7 hours ago, ComradeMilton said:

What has it produced?

Entertainment.

What else do we have to lose at this point?  All you're doing is burning pixels in the game.  I mean...  we leave the game according to your goals, so what?  It's not a huge deal to those who actually have left, and hell, probably frees up some time for others.  The Discord communities will still exist, they'll simply move on to other games, etc.

But we might as well read through all the hypocrisy, paranoia, and lies being presented.  It's entertaining.  Especially for me, to see a certain someone who has a wild obsession over me.

• Upvote 3

Guest Viva Miriya
13 hours ago, Reuben Cheuk said:

My sincerest apologies for being presumptuous. I hope I did not cause too much harm with my message. I'll delete it.

Thank you. I'm sorry I did anything to give you that impression. I like to talk crap in games all day.

That said, I'd die before I let them come for you, or anyone like you. Not in NYC, they can step over my dead body first. Same deal for my Jewish friends as well or anyone else, if push comes to shove stateside. I swore an oath my dude: to stand against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That part of it still matters to me.

18 hours ago, Archibald said:

The first half of your post is almost incomprehensible, but if you're saying tCW isn't daft you're certainly not helping your case.

An oppression olympics had nothing to do with anything. My point was that I didn't appreciate the implication that Viva is some sort of fascist trumpeter in the real world just cause he plays one on TV.

Also facts.

Edited by Viva Miriya