Antisemitic Nation Description

Arawra

Nation link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=177819

Violation: "(((They/Them)))" in there nation description. It is an antisemitic symbol as described here: https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/echo

Echo.png

Edit: Added screenshot.

Edited by REAP3R
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

Look up to the sky above~

per the very article you link:

The publicity generated by news coverage of the symbol resulted in a much larger counter-use of the echo, as thousands of anti-hate activists and others began changing their Twitter screen names to echo themselves in an "I am Spartacus" fashion.

As that is clearly referring to myself, and not othering, it should be obvious to anyone reading in good faith what the intention is.

5 minutes ago, jerkdotwad said:

per the very article you link:

As that is clearly referring to myself, and not othering, it should be obvious to anyone reading in good faith what the intention is.

My interpretation is that the they/them would signify reference to the Jewish people and perhaps a hatred of.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 6

Just commenting to contribute specific evidence (per the rules of this forum) that "they/them" is commonly recognized - including by the dictionary - to be a statement of an individual's pronouns and not a reference to Jewish people. I can also provide evidence privately (so as to avoid doxxing) of the common and effective counter-usage of the parenthesis by jewish activists including myself, and I am assuming jerkdotwad here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2019/09/17/merriam-webster-adds-non-binary-prounoun-they-dictionary/

Edited by pawsible deniability

Proud supporter of:
BirdWeed.gif

15 minutes ago, pawsible deniability said:

Just commenting to contribute specific evidence (per the rules of this forum) that "they/them" is commonly recognized - including by the dictionary - to be a statement of an individual's pronouns and not a reference to Jewish people. I can also provide evidence privately (so as to avoid doxxing) of the common and effective counter-usage of the parenthesis by jewish activists including myself, and I am assuming jerkdotwad here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2019/09/17/merriam-webster-adds-non-binary-prounoun-they-dictionary/

In this particular instance it would appear they are using this definition of them/they only to skirt around this rule with technicalities and specifics, even if that was not the case, I think the vagueness and potential misinterpretation is enough cause to remove this from the offending nation's description, and warn/strike the user at moderation's discretion. Though you seem privy to the forum rules I do want to reiterate for others and as a reminder that this is a no discussion forum, exempt for some specific postings.

• Downvote 8

• Administrators

This is interesting, it seems like I'm learning some new niche symbol for anti-Semitism daily. I was unaware that this was a thing.

At this time, I'm not inclined to take any moderation action, seeing as there really isn't any other corroborating evidence of anti-Semitism. That could change in the future, depending on who is using this symbology and how they're using it (i.e. players sign up with neo-Nazi stuff and are commonly using this particular symbology.)

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic