Moderation Abuse

alex loves fash

Forum Name: Game Reports

Link to Thread:

Nature of Violation: Moderation Abuse

The named player created a thread reporting me for supposed "embargo spam" despite it being clear that A: cancelling and re-instating an embargo once (since the game lacks proper editing facilities) is not spam per Alex, and B: the only possible aggrieved party is the embargoed nation, not a third party who received no notifications at all.

Furthermore, this report happened shortly after I embargoed Isjaki's nation, leading me to suspect that this report is an attempt at retaliation for the embargo against them rather than any concern for my dear friends in Soviet Pennsylvania.

I would appreciate if the moderators could address this abuse of the reporting system so it doesn't get bogged down by retaliatory metagaming.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Proud supporter of:
BirdWeed.gif

I believe that this is a violation of the following game rule due to the suspicious timing - the person making the report was embargoed by me shortly before making this frivolous report of something that did not affect them whatsoever, is explicitly not against the rules, and which was not raised as a concern by the player affected.

Moderation as a Weapon

Using (or attempting to use) Moderation as a Weapon is against the rules and punishable by a nation strike. An example of using (or attempting to use) Moderation as a Weapon is threatening to report another player to an Administrator or Moderator unless they comply with your request or demands. If someone is in violation of the Game Rules, you are obligated as a player to notify a Game Administrator (through in-game Messaging.)

Edited by pawsible deniability
clarity

Proud supporter of:
BirdWeed.gif

• Administrators

This is not an example of using a moderator as a weapon. As far as I can tell, no rules were broken.

Locked.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic