Bank Heists

Lord Tyrion

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
11 hours ago, Inst said:

I also want to point out that the "stated" bank quantity of 10bn is equivalent to 5 days of NPO's full income. Pantheon, were it not turtled up ridiculously (and that's what scared EM off), would have been able to recover it in about, what, 14 days of 100/100, spread out over a few months; 21 days if we go by the observed bank loot quantity.

As someone who buys bonds, the quantities involved seem minuscule to me.

Not sure why you have to mention me so much? However I feel I need to do a show and tell soon on how some alliances have reacted over gorge stealing Pantheon bank and BK claims he stole 5 billion from them also. Oddly before the 5 billion issue with Gorge, BK was laughing about Pantheons bank being stolen some says they supported the action until they found out gorge was leaving and not giving BK any of the loot.

Edited by Elijah Mikaelson

11 hours ago, Inst said:

I also want to point out that the "stated" bank quantity of 10bn is equivalent to 5 days of NPO's full income. Pantheon, were it not turtled up ridiculously (and that's what scared EM off), would have been able to recover it in about, what, 14 days of 100/100, spread out over a few months; 21 days if we go by the observed bank loot quantity.

As someone who buys bonds, the quantities involved seem minuscule to me.

Where do you get your math from? I just quickly did 120 x my nation's income and it's less than half of what you're claiming for NPO.

There's only 600bn in the game according to the data sheepy tracks. There's 200+ alliances. Divide that out and 10bn is a big bank.

8 hours ago, Leftbehind said:

I don't understand how this keeps happening. Is it some strange rite of passage for a new leader of Pantheon to have the bank stolen? 

It wouldn’t be Pantheon if tradition didn’t repeat itself at least once per year. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Where do you get your math from? I just quickly did 120 x my nation's income and it's less than half of what you're claiming for NPO.

There's only 600bn in the game according to the data sheepy tracks. There's 200+ alliances. Divide that out and 10bn is a big bank.

99% of the wealth of orbis is held by 1% of the players.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

This was an old peacetime estimate and included RSS prices.

As far as HOW Pantheon got bank-stolen:

#1, there's things that literally cannot be posted on forums as while true, they're rules violations of this forums.

#2, Pantheon is like Arrgh, but also its opposite. Arrghies who leave Arrgh tend to be loyal and stand up for its interests. Ex-Pantheon generally hate the alliance for "some reason".

#3, You guys really should ask MTG about current conditions in Pantheon.

• Upvote 1

Pantheon were just unlucky lol. And Gorge was super lucky. The bank loot forced the offshores to send over the funds to the main alliance. And Gorge got super lucky. 

Also, panth had over 10b. Only one of their offshores held 20b worth of stuff. So I'd say they had atleast 25b worth of stuff.

This invalidates the entire CB since the numbers are wrong.

Guest Karl VII
5 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Not sure why you have to mention me so much? However I feel I need to do a show and tell soon on how some alliances have reacted over gorge stealing Pantheon bank and BK claims he stole 5 billion from them also. Oddly before the 5 billion issue with Gorge, BK was laughing about Pantheons bank being stolen some says they supported the action until they found out gorge was leaving and not giving BK any of the loot.

The logs show otherwise.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kmn5bYrOSS64iGtZS1S7Nju0zhtrQ1Z0wjIDDexGHwo/edit

Guest Curufinwe
6 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

1) We were aware Gorge was leaving BK (though not that he had embezzled money from BK) several weeks before he robbed Panth.

2) When we became aware of Gorge's scheme he was specifically told not to proceed.  He was subsequently expelled when he went ahead and did it anyway (he was originally going to be leaving post-war).

3) He has already offered us Panth's remaining bank to offset his embezzlement and was refused, so if we wanted to pocket the stolen bank we had that option already. We opted not to take it.

4) Had he tried to store the bank with us it would have been returned, as we did with the BC bank during KF.  He decided not to do so, however, so that didn't happen.  Gorge was not informed of this when the original offer was made to store the bank with us, but that was always our intent.

5) You are correct that Panth getting robbed jokes were made by various BK members, but we are only human after all.

There are logs to back up all these points, by the way, so it appears that 'some' are somewhat misinformed on the matter.  

18 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

1) We were aware Gorge was leaving BK (though not that he had embezzled money from BK) several weeks before he robbed Panth.

2) When we became aware of Gorge's scheme he was specifically told not to proceed.  He was subsequently expelled when he went ahead and did it anyway (he was originally going to be leaving post-war).

3) He has already offered us Panth's remaining bank to offset his embezzlement and was refused, so if we wanted to pocket the stolen bank we had that option already. We opted not to take it.

4) Had he tried to store the bank with us it would have been returned, as we did with the BC bank during KF.  He decided not to do so, however, so that didn't happen.  Gorge was not informed of this when the original offer was made to store the bank with us, but that was always our intent.

5) You are correct that Panth getting robbed jokes were made by various BK members, but we are only human after all.

There are logs to back up all these points, by the way, so it appears that 'some' are somewhat misinformed on the matter. 

I know it is rare these days, but I, of TKR, agree with these actions if true.  They seem honorable.  We could use more honor in Orbis :)

• Upvote 2

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, Cooper_ said:

I know it is rare these days, but I, of TKR, agree with these actions if true.  They seem honorable.  We could use more honor in Orbis :)

tenor.gif?itemid=4526339

40 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

BK MAN BAD

1 hour ago, Curufinwe said:

Please re-ascend to the throne or make Tiber emperor. Or Taco. Or literally anyone else.

1 hour ago, Shadowthrone said:

BK MAN BAD

I was outraged and upset at some moves BK made when under other leaders. But they were just an alliance that “opposed” my friends.

I grew to hate BK because of Thanos/Leo.

Just now, Bartholomew Roberts said:

I grew to hate BK because of Thanos/Leo.

Best leader in PnW rn :P 

1 minute ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Please re-ascend to the throne or make Tiber emperor. Or Taco. Or literally anyone else.

From what I can gather, that was Leo's position as well :P 

1 minute ago, Shadowthrone said:

Best leader in PnW rn :P 

From what I can gather, that was Leo's position as well :P 

As a matter of fact, it’s about time Roquentin retired to “shadow gov” as well.

1 minute ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

As a matter of fact, it’s about time Roquentin retired to “shadow gov” as well.

No thanks. I'd be promoted then, this is too much work xD 

Roq's probably the most efficient leader in this game too :v 

Edited by Shadowthrone

2 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

No thanks. I'd be promoted then, this is too much work xD 

Roq's probably the most efficient leader in this game too :v 

“Edited by Shadowthrone” 

im going to assume rather than correcting a small grammatical error or typo that you actually edited out your real response indicating your impeding hostile takeover of NPO.

unfortunately the mods are all NPO and can see your edit history. RIP.

15 minutes ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

“Edited by Shadowthrone” 

im going to assume rather than correcting a small grammatical error or typo that you actually edited out your real response indicating your impeding hostile takeover of NPO.

unfortunately the mods are all NPO and can see your edit history. RIP.

:v sounds about right.