Bank Heists

Lord Tyrion

9 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

I'm curious as well. @Lord Tyrion?

I also want to point out that the "stated" bank quantity of 10bn is equivalent to 5 days of NPO's full income. Pantheon, were it not turtled up ridiculously (and that's what scared EM off), would have been able to recover it in about, what, 14 days of 100/100, spread out over a few months; 21 days if we go by the observed bank loot quantity.

As someone who buys bonds, the quantities involved seem minuscule to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Kosta said:

When you tax your members 100% for long periods of time, I think you would accumulate a large bank as TCM have done.

i mean they run 100/100 i run 100/0 but sure

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Isn’t this like the 5th time Pantheon’s bank been stolen?

yes it is XD

1 hour ago, Lord Tyrion said:

Let’s talk about bank heists for a moment.  Some people celebrate them, think of it as some great victory.  Well laid plans of deception paid off and away with the money the robbers go.  “Look at how smart I am”, they may think.

An alliance bank like, oh let’s see… Pantheon’s as an example, would be the culmination of hundreds of member’s efforts collected over multiple years.  So many people contribute to that over such a long period of time and “poof” just like that, it’s taken.  But congrats, you pulled it off – and look at what you have to show for it!  However, as we know in life, there are consequences to actions.  Some alliances do not tolerate this action and so here we are. 

Depending on the value of resources, last week Pantheon’s bank of well over $10B in value was taken by the collective efforts of Gorge and Nokia Rokia.  This money must be repaid - in one form or another – and any other accomplices must also be held accountable.  If you have done business with either of them, it’s likely stolen funds and we urge you to help return the money.  Somebody knows where the money is.  Somebody is hiding the money for them. 

If you harbor either of these two in your alliance, you are an accomplice because you are likely getting financial benefits of the stolen money, knowingly or unknowingly.  Kick them out or form a new alliance without them. 

If you are protecting the stolen money directly, you are an accomplice.

If you are countering efforts to recover the money, you are an accomplice. 

If there is a refusal to pay, we will claim ownership over their personal assets including loan receivables.  If you have a loan and owe money personally to Gorge or Nokia, reach out to Pantheon and you can save a bit of money on your loan debt by paying a fraction of what you owe back through Pantheon instead. 

$10B must be repaid immediately.  The longer and more expensive this takes, the more that will be needed in order to get resolution.  Actions have consequences.

He didn't steal your stuff. You're lying. You're not getting anything back, ever. The Coal Mines alone makes 6B a month, not to mention his ownership of Summit Banking. Guess what? He doesn't need to steal from you, and this is just a greedy power move to try and take his money, while making everyone think he's the thief. Trust me, the war's barely started.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

giphy.gif

This sounds like a fun turn. And the loan thing is clever if you can convince people to default.

However, I have to echo other commenters and wonder why you aren't hitting Demacia if this is such a big deal to you. It's almost like your moral imperative is being overwritten by fear of TCW and Rose.

Edited by Pop
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pop said:

giphy.gif

This sounds like a fun turn. And the loan thing is clever if you can convince people to default.

However, I have to echo other commenters and wonder why you aren't hitting Demacia if this is such a big deal to you. It's almost like your moral imperative is being overwritten by fear of TCW and Rose.

We'll see if they want to turn Gorge and the cash over or not.  To be continued.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lord Tyrion said:

We'll see if they want to turn Gorge and the cash over or not.  To be continued.

George is the leader and has no heir, therefore he can't be couped and 'turned over'.

3 hours ago, Lord Tyrion said:

But that alliance has people in my war range in it. Hopefully they don't leave him, so I can kill something. Like hopes and dreams, hopes and dreams make such a nice noise when they die.

2 hours ago, Leftbehind said:

I don't understand how this keeps happening. Is it some strange rite of passage for a new leader of Pantheon to have the bank stolen? 

Really, it is always because of trust and never trust on the new guy but there's always some guy you trusted who hooks him up to you
In this case it was Matthew, plus if I were in the offshore it wouldn't be taken trust me.. shit happens
But then again, Shit happens!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SixSadistic66 said:

Really, it is always because of trust and never trust on the new guy but there's always some guy you trusted who hooks him up to you
In this case it was Matthew, plus if I were in the offshore it wouldn't be taken trust me.. shit happens
But then again, Shit happens!

Once you get the bank up to a good level, how do I gain your trust?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Reminds me of when we were offered pantheon bank and turned it down. Something something if we want a bank we ll raid it.

Edited by what is property?

Throw me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.