Bank Heists

Lord Tyrion

3 minutes ago, Otto Von Bismarck II said:

Let’s see if Fark sphere will actually do something about it

They’re asking on the forums for them to give it back kindly instead of war, a very Fark-like thing to do. 

• Upvote 3

I believe in you Tyrion. 

Have fun with the war dude, and make sure that Nokia gets hit. (He's not currently in TCM rn).

1 minute ago, Gatorcock said:

They’re asking on the forums for them to give it back kindly instead of war, a very Fark-like thing to do. 

Wars have already been declared. 

This is just a formality. 

1 minute ago, CitrusK said:

I believe in you Tyrion. 

Have fun with the war dude, and make sure that Nokia gets hit. (He's not currently in TCM rn).

Wars have already been declared. 

This is just a formality. 

Sick

8 minutes ago, Otto Von Bismarck II said:

Let’s see if Fark sphere will actually do something about it

You seem to be in need of some Fark Fun Bucks. 

4 minutes ago, Gatorcock said:

No, we’ve actually gone a different route. 

• Upvote 4

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

Stealing and looting banks is great, and the risk of having a bank stolen is just one of the risks of gaming the bank looting system by making offshores or placing trust in people.

Possibly the only way to do resource damage against an alliance at a reasonable pace, too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Love you

Hm. Never seen someone point out the moral aspects of a bank heist. Interesting, I like it! Anywho, you know full well who the accomplices are. The Forum post was just a PR move.

You can claim ownership of debts all you want. I'm curious to see how you'll actually protect people from George/Nokia once they've "paid" the debts to you.

Finally, you'll lose moral superiority if you war over the bank. Since you'll have pit your members at risk and their members at risk.

Edited by Matthew The Great
Just skimmed the post the first time.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Blame Dan Schneider~

393607803_Screenshot-20190414-060815-Discord(2).jpg.7116150a8eb6a7355bc37f3f65604764.jpg

9 minutes ago, Broke said:

Keep Nokia Rokia blockaded, the Coal Boys has over 4b in assets

Being Blockaded doesn't stop my alliance bank lol

37 minutes ago, Lord Tyrion said:

Let’s talk about bank heists for a moment.  Some people celebrate them, think of it as some great victory.  Well laid plans of deception paid off and away with the money the robbers go.  “Look at how smart I am”, they may think.

An alliance bank like, oh let’s see… Pantheon’s as an example, would be the culmination of hundreds of member’s efforts collected over multiple years.  So many people contribute to that over such a long period of time and “poof” just like that, it’s taken.  But congrats, you pulled it off – and look at what you have to show for it!  However, as we know in life, there are consequences to actions.  Some alliances do not tolerate this action and so here we are. 

Depending on the value of resources, last week Pantheon’s bank of well over $10B in value was taken by the collective efforts of Gorge and Nokia Rokia.  This money must be repaid - in one form or another – and any other accomplices must also be held accountable.  If you have done business with either of them, it’s likely stolen funds and we urge you to help return the money.  Somebody knows where the money is.  Somebody is hiding the money for them. 

If you harbor either of these two in your alliance, you are an accomplice because you are likely getting financial benefits of the stolen money, knowingly or unknowingly.  Kick them out or form a new alliance without them. 

If you are protecting the stolen money directly, you are an accomplice.

If you are countering efforts to recover the money, you are an accomplice. 

If there is a refusal to pay, we will claim ownership over their personal assets including loan receivables.  If you have a loan and owe money personally to Gorge or Nokia, reach out to Pantheon and you can save a bit of money on your loan debt by paying a fraction of what you owe back through Pantheon instead. 

$10B must be repaid immediately.  The longer and more expensive this takes, the more that will be needed in order to get resolution.  Actions have consequences.

Yo that's not how loans work and now time to bomb your infant nations also can you like not have like 20 recruiting bots at once

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nokia Rokia said:

Yo that's not how loans work and now time to bomb your infant nations also can you like not have like 20 recruiting bots at once

I think he's saying that they won't have to pay, as you will be being rolled...

Also, Tyrion owns a bank (one that I personally use, as it is better than the one made by you :) )

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nokia Rokia said:

thats what they all say :p

46 minutes ago, Lord Tyrion said:

Depending on the value of resources, last week Pantheon’s bank of well over $10B in value was taken by the collective efforts of Gorge and Nokia Rokia. 

No sympathy for me, and personally I don't really care if someone goes and does something like that. It's 100% the fault of the alliance leadership for allowing someone who would do that to have that kind of bank access in the first place. With that said, the alliance should definitely crush anyone who does this to them, preferably without mercy.

• Upvote 5

58 minutes ago, Lord Tyrion said:

Pantheon’s as an example, would be the culmination of hundreds of member’s efforts collected over multiple years. 

Depending on the value of resources, last week Pantheon’s bank of well over $10B in value 

That is frighteningly low for such a storied alliance. Look at The Coal Mines, their bank is easily at that value! They've only existed a few months! Pantheon need a new head of Econ by the looks of it. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Leo said:

That is frighteningly low for such a storied alliance. Look at The Coal Mines, their bank is easily at that value! They've only existed a few months! Pantheon need a new head of Econ by the looks of it. ?

When you tax your members 100% for long periods of time, I think you would accumulate a large bank as TCM have done.

Edited by Kosta
  • Upvote 1

The total bank stolen is actually upwards of 16 bn if you go by NPO's war stats. It could be higher because IIRC there was a second Pantheon bank operating at the time, and that was supposedly cleaned out. I'll also point out that it's less than the value of infrastructure on TCM, for starters. 

Just now, Matthew The Great said:

Hmm. I've got a suggestion.

Elijah balked when he heard what Pantheon government wanted.

@Lord Tyrion, good luck.

• Like 1