Official GOONS Announcement

Do Not Fear Jaz

3 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

I put the last few months part in as I knew you'd bring it up.

Yeah...  the “last few months” would pretty much cover up this current war.  So let’s try not to be asinine with this trivial time period you’re placing.

69 Day War was pretty recent in comparison, and it -is- the perfect example of @Spaceman Thrax’s post context.

(Let alone Surf’s Up right after.  So why exactly are you even trying to argue Thrax’s counter point to kosmo?  They’ve done more than the majority of communities out there - including Fark, NPO, etc)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Yeah...  the “last few months” would pretty much cover up this current war.  So let’s try not to be asinine with this trivial time period you’re placing.

69 Day War was pretty recent in comparison, and it -is- the perfect example of @Spaceman Thrax’s post context.

He used the words "pretty sure TKR has fought AK and KT more in the last few months," not ever. It's not me nitpicking at it, but rather he's saying TKR has actually been doing what kosmo claims to want to do.

Edit: If we want to get into the 69 Day War, the CB was that Hwan joined TKR and sold out Horsecock saying he wanted to plot against TKR along with Rickyy and others trolling Smith and other TKR members rather than any other tension between the two. TKR clearly see themselves as having been in the wrong in doing that so it doesn't really help here.

Edited by Roquentin

14 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

He used the words "pretty sure TKR has fought AK and KT more in the last few months," not ever. It's not me nitpicking at it, but rather he's saying TKR has actually been doing what kosmo claims to want to do.

He used the words "TKR has fought both AK and KT in the last few months, while [Kosmokenny] has done nothing but kvetch". Your nitpicking falls apart faster than usual considering the point he was making was that TKR has fought both AK and KT more than Kosmokenny has.

so obviously orange man bad.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

9 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

He used the words "TKR has fought both AK and KT in the last few months, while [Kosmokenny] has done nothing but kvetch". Your nitpicking falls apart faster than usual considering the point he was making was that TKR has fought both AK and KT more than Kosmokenny has.

so obviously orange man bad.

It's not of their own choice, so it's different from what kosmo is talking about. kosmo's point was about their cooperation. It doesn't matter if they fought KT for a month if more of their time has been spent cooperating.  They peaced out and cooperated with KT and as far I know there was a desire to have all of citadel peace out, so it's entirely not of their volition that they fought or are fighting either. 

• Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

-fighting a war is cooperation somehow bla bla-

Right, falling back to your old "literally fighting a war is actually cooperating" narrative again. Meanwhile your behavior towards BK still somehow isn't cooperating, of course.

20 minutes ago, Micchan said:

When you hide Roq posts but he goes around saying bullshits and you see his posts anyway because people quote his posts hg1kEbT.jpg

Soz m8, I'll just write mockery in the quote field for ya now

8 hours ago, Roquentin said:

It's not of their own choice, so it's different from what kosmo is talking about. kosmo's point was about their cooperation. It doesn't matter if they fought KT for a month if more of their time has been spent cooperating.  They peaced out and cooperated with KT and as far I know there was a desire to have all of citadel peace out, so it's entirely not of their volition that they fought or are fighting either. 

Why are you even arguing this point? There was real tension developing between TKR and KT during Surf's Up - your NPO propaganda people were literally making memes about "having so much fun in this war" while TKR and KT were salt-posting.

You decided to hit them and give them a common enemy but that still doesn't make TKR "pro-KT" or vice versa. It just makes them both dislike NPO.

Small side note - NPO has already burned enough PR this war via its own actions. You really don't need to start defending Kosmo's posting to add to it.

@Shadowthrone please become Emperor ASAP. We need your shining light to lead us from this darkness.

32 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

You don't want this.

It doesn't necessarily matter if he's better or "worse". It's the continuation of leadership turnover that matters. It's the only way this game moves forward.

22 minutes ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

It doesn't necessarily matter if he's better or "worse". It's the continuation of leadership turnover that matters. It's the only way this game moves forward.

That is a v bad idea.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Micchan said:

If I was them I would use the rest of the war exploring some possible partnership with the goal of a GOONS bloc, if you want to be a relevant alliance you can't be the sidekick

Man, could you imagine? A GOONS hegemony? That'd be...crazy. This game would be doomed.

I'm sure we're a long ways off from that though.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Hi. Do you finally have the time to discuss peace?

os9LcJK.gif

3 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Why are you even arguing this point? There was real tension developing between TKR and KT during Surf's Up - your NPO propaganda people were literally making memes about "having so much fun in this war" while TKR and KT were salt-posting.

You decided to hit them and give them a common enemy but that still doesn't make TKR "pro-KT" or vice versa. It just makes them both dislike NPO.

Small side note - NPO has already burned enough PR this war via its own actions. You really don't need to start defending Kosmo's posting to add to it.

@Shadowthrone please become Emperor ASAP. We need your shining light to lead us from this darkness.

I shall shine brighter than a fire work ^_^ 

3 hours ago, Buorhann said:

You don't want this.

Aww, not a fan? :( 

@Do Not Fear Jazz its such a bad idea that its great! 

13 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

Yeah, they fought KKKTsphere until KKKTsphere pulled some nazi shit for the 1000th time against their former head of FA and then betrayed her, then spent the next 5 months promising to do something about that and never did. With you right by their side. Was only so long I could keep shit aligned to deal with the problem you refuse to while waiting for you children to quit your twatwaffling so I could actually do it, before I had to give up on that.

I’ve had conversations with you on this issue.  If you want to know what happened internally, then ask @Mitsuru because he was quite properly outraged but sheepy like always was lax on moderation.  Under no condition do we find what they did acceptable.  To actually solving the problem, I believe @Spaceman Thrax and myself posted different ideas on how to keep alliances accountable to that got booed by the rest of the community.  Chaos is among the most tolerant group of alliances and any attack against our members will be dealt with accordingly.  But to say that we did nothing or betrayed her is just ignoring the facts.  I asked you personally to help with the idea of “alliance accountability,” and yet I got no support.

As for the in-game politics, it is not like we chose to work with KT.  They are decent militarily, but culturally speaking are very different from TKR.  The content they support is simply not anything that TKR or any upstanding member of said alliance would support.  You’ll find that we are strong proponents of tolerance and opponents of intolerance although it is much easier to just be reductionist and say that KT and TKR are on the same side of the war and hence the same.  I guess that’s true if we ignore years of history and a potentially catastrophic hit by BK during rebuild.  And as a final note, if you’re challenging us to put these principles of yours before IC politics, then why didn’t Fark/WTF hit KT despite the repercussions?

You know Kosmo that I think you’re a pretty good guy and just trying to what is right.  Accordingly, I apologize for getting aggressive here, but I don’t react well when my alliance is being scapegoated for something that is wholly out of its control. If you actually want to work on solutions, I’m all ears.  I can even link for you my post.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Roquentin said:

drivel, "orange man bad"

You missed my point I think. My point was that working from Kosmo's own premises, TKR has done more than Kosmo has, so he should be quiet until that's no longer true. That's all.

(I'm not sure why we'd need colour commentary from someone who's gone out of their way to politically shield AK this war, though.)

Edit: Also, thanks Cooper. Obviously you're in a better position to speak for TKR than I am so sorry for stirring the pot.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

1 hour ago, Cooper_ said:

As for the in-game politics, it is not like we chose to work with KT.  They are decent militarily, but culturally speaking are very different from TKR.  The content they support is simply not anything that TKR or any upstanding member of said alliance would support.  You’ll find that we are strong proponents of tolerance and opponents of intolerance although it is much easier to just be reductionist and say that KT and TKR are on the same side of the war and hence the same.

Yeah, it was a classic case of a last second move against a supposedly non-existent IQsphere. Not sure why people keep asserting that TKR and KT are "cozying" up in any way, regarding each other as mutuals in war is not a "friendship", it's simply basic respect.

"The content they support is simply not anything that TKR or any upstanding member of said alliance would support."

What content would that be? Not sure what exactly you're implying here.

4 minutes ago, Rygus said:

What content would that be? Not sure what exactly you're implying here.

I'm going to assume this is legit curiosity so I'll answer earnestly (if briefly) :

Your alliance has a really bad history with racist and nazi stuff. It's not part of their overall theming, but a lot of people, including myself, feel your gov doesn't do enough to root it out.

To their credit, I'm not aware of any of it more recently. Kosmo's upset aside I know several people in our bloc have made their stances on that kind of thing clear.

~ William S. Burroughs

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Your alliance has a really bad history with racist and nazi stuff. It's not part of their overall theming, but a lot of people, including myself, feel your gov doesn't do enough to root it out.

I've been a member of KT for two and a half years, and adjutant for ET and KT for 10 months in that period of time, and I have no idea what you're talking about. No doubt you got that sort of overblown and hyperbolic accusations from people like kosmo and Queen M (and the entirety of TRF for that matter), who used such rhetoric to tarnish the reputation of KT. Considering at one point our entire IA was run by Haydon, I think your understanding of how KT works is quite limited, as well as the knowledge of our past governments. Let me break it down for you if the past two wars with you and the wars recently weren't clear enough:

KT does not give a flying pixel who you are, where you're from, what you believe. The only thing KT cares about is burning pixels, making war and good memes. It quite literally says this in our alliance description.

"If you are unwilling or unprepared to shed blood for your fellow knights at any given moment, do not apply. If you are not active enough and do not use Discord, do not apply. If your meme energy is low, do not apply."

Edited by Rygus
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rygus said:

I've been a member of KT for two and a half years, and adjutant for ET and KT for 10 months in that period of time, and I have no idea what you're talking about. No doubt you got that sort of overblown rhetoric from people like kosmo and Queen M (and the entirety of TRF for that matter), who used such rhetoric to tarnish the reputation of KT. Considering at one point our entire IA was run by Haydon, I think your understanding of how KT works is quite limited, as well as the knowledge of our past governments. Let me break it down for you if the past two wars with you and the wars recently weren't clear enough:

KT does not give a flying pixel who you are, where you're from, what you believe. The only thing KT cares about is burning pixels, making war and good memes. It quite literally says this in our alliance description.

"If you are unwilling or unprepared to shed blood for your fellow knights at any given moment, do not apply. If you are not active enough and do not use Discord, do not apply. If your meme energy is low, do not apply."

You're either misinformed, lying, or your threshold for what you consider appropriate is totally miscalibrated with mine.

An example: There's nothing "rhetorical" about your member using an in-game declaration to tell a player they know to be black they are going to lynch them. The fact that your government responded to that with "who, us!?" and blaming other people is pretty much what I meant. It would be far easier to dismiss "rhetoric" if it was clear you take that seriously.

It's a shame. Anyway. I don't intend to debate with you any farther. I was just clarifying in case your confusion was genuine.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 3

~ William S. Burroughs

Just now, Spaceman Thrax said:

There's nothing "rhetorical" about your member using an in-game declaration to tell a player they know to be black they are going to lynch them. The fact that your government responded to that with "who, us!?" and blaming other people is pretty much what I meant.

See now that's just slander. ?

• Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, Rygus said:

I've been a member of KT for two and a half years, and adjutant for ET and KT for 10 months in that period of time, and I have no idea what you're talking about. No doubt you got that sort of overblown and hyperbolic accusations from people like kosmo and Queen M (and the entirety of TRF for that matter), who used such rhetoric to tarnish the reputation of KT...

You sound extremely brand new and unaware, but mkay.

In any case, I’d very much like to be excluded from this narrative as it’s not productive or relevant to the topic. To all concerned, please return to the topic at hand and do so expeditiously.

• Downvote 2