Ableist Slur in Nation Description

dragonshardz

Nation Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=180159

Ruler Name: Goober

Nature of Violation: Using a cut down malformation of the word "r-t-rd" to bypass filters so as to say an ableist slur in their nation description. Linked is an image of the nation description as of this post: https://i.imgur.com/2K3lPps.png

E: Also, while not an actual violation of the rules, the extremely large images to draw the eye away from the ableist slur are very unkind to any mobile users whose provider enforces data caps.

Edited by dragonshardz
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 15

i2FSAiF.gif

Sounds fair. I'd suggest next time asking me directly to remove it, instead of going straight running and crying to the mods. I changed it though. Your welcome. 

I do hope you enjoyed my little story with @Blutarch Mann though. Cheers. 

PS. Git Gud. Your attackers are slow and cruddy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, dragonshardz said:

Nation Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=180159

Ruler Name: Goober

Nature of Violation: Using a cut down malformation of the word "r-t-rd" to bypass filters so as to say an ableist slur in their nation description. Linked is an image of the nation description as of this post: https://i.imgur.com/2K3lPps.png

E: Also, while not an actual violation of the rules, the extremely large images to draw the eye away from the ableist slur are very unkind to any mobile users whose provider enforces data caps.

Why dont you just not look at his nation then?

Stop doing idiotic things or I'll be forced to break my acoustic guitar on your head

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@dragonshardz Ok, doesn’t help your case that you spread  Stalin propaganda,  a person who actually targeted and murdered people with disabilities. Your disability is you call everyone a fascist without realizing you're the only fascist in the room.

Edited by Di Vali
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

Sounds fair. I'd suggest next time asking me directly to remove it, instead of going straight running and crying to the mods. I changed it though. Your welcome. 

I do hope you enjoyed my little story with @Blutarch Mann though. Cheers. 

PS. Git Gud. Your attackers are slow and cruddy. 

While I appreciate the effort to make your nation description more appropriate, "low intelligence" is still an obvious manner of insulting someone based on their mental ability; that is to say, it is still an ableist slur.

15 minutes ago, ShadyAssassin said:

Why dont you just not look at his nation then?

Stop doing idiotic things or I'll be forced to break my acoustic guitar on your head

Please enjoy being reported for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

6 minutes ago, Di Vali said:

@dragonshardz Ok, doesn’t help your case that you spread  Stalin propaganda,  a person who actually targeted and murdered people with disabilities. Your disability is you call everyone a fascist without realizing you're the only fascist in the room.

Please enjoy being reported for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

Edited by dragonshardz
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 13

i2FSAiF.gif

10 minutes ago, dragonshardz said:

While I appreciate the effort to make your nation description more appropriate, "low intelligence" is still an obvious manner of insulting someone based on their mental ability; that is to say, it is still an ableist slur.

Well pardon me. I am not saying that a certain character is low intelligence. I am merely stating that Goons, as an alliance, is low intelligence IC. Just like when people say RoqBots are, well, RoqBots. Are they stupid OOC? No! NPO has some of the smartest people in this game. Is it insulting to call them RoqBots? Hardly. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

Well pardon me. I am not saying that a certain character is low intelligence. I am merely stating that Goons, as an alliance, is low intelligence IC. Just like when people say RoqBots are, well, RoqBots. Are they stupid OOC? No! NPO has some of the smartest people in this game. Is it insulting to call them RoqBots? Hardly. 

Making a blanket statement about any group based on their membership in a protected class, such as persons with mental disabilities, is discrimination.

Edited by dragonshardz
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 8

i2FSAiF.gif

3 minutes ago, Di Vali said:

Well it’s bringing up another, more severe instance of spreading actual propaganda supporting a man who set aside people with disabilities, and was an ableist. The perpetrator was you. It got completely ignored by Alex. It’s relevant because if the mods let’s that slide, it would be unfair to warn or punish Mr. Goober.

If you have an issue with my conduct on the forums, please file a report with the forums moderators using the handy "Report" button on whichever post you believe is offensive. If you have an issue with my conduct in the game, please file a report in this very subforum.

Please enjoy being reported a second time for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

1 minute ago, MinesomeMC said:

I'm gonna be honest with you, welcome to real life. Nobody gives a shit. People throw shit at people all the time, you just gotta learn not to get hurt when it does. Boomer.

Edited by dragonshardz
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

i2FSAiF.gif

7 minutes ago, dragonshardz said:

Making a blanket statement about any group based on their membership in a protected class, such as persons with mental disabilities, is ableist.

Alright. Considering how Alex wants things very pg-13 and non offensive, let's change it to something even more mundane, so you wouldn't have to cover your ultra sensitive ears. 

In alll fairness, I must ask. Did you really post this thread because you got so salty that even when triple hitting me, I took GC before any of you could open attacks on me? Damn. The sensitivity is STRONK here. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, dragonshardz said:

tumblr_pshl5wq4zO1vxgjheo1_250.png

I already have plenty of warning points, dont care that much.

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

Please enjoy being reported for confirming that you reported in a No-Discussion Forum when your confirmation is not needed, nor are you providing evidence for either side, and are not a member of the staff.

Serious question here, do warning points matter? I got my first one a couple days ago cos of Freza's post.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Goober said:

Alright. Considering how Alex wants things very pg-13 and non offensive, let's change it to something even more mundane, so you wouldn't have to cover your ultra sensitive ears. 

In alll fairness, I must ask. Did you really post this thread because you got so salty that even when triple hitting me, I took GC before any of you could open attacks on me? Damn. The sensitivity is STRONK here. 

I hold no particular animosity toward you. I resent the implication that I would stoop so low as to attempt to weaponize the rules of this respected browser game, Politics and War, against someone who fairly beat me in a fight for which I was unprepared.

2 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

tumblr_pshl5wq4zO1vxgjheo1_250.png

Please enjoy being reported a second time for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

1 minute ago, Hassan said:

Please enjoy being reported for confirming that you reported in a No-Discussion Forum when your confirmation is not needed, nor are you providing evidence for either side, and are not a member of the staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

i2FSAiF.gif

This looks like an instance of using Moderation as a Weapon. And we have seen a lot of instances of it happening now, especially from a top 10 alliance which recently signed Polaris and USN.

I would like the mods to pronounce a fair judgement so that such behaviour can be curbed completely.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hassan said:

Serious question here, do warning points matter? I got my first one a couple days ago cos of Freza's post.

I wouldnt get too many in a set amount of time

I hold no particular animosity toward you. I resent the implication that I would stoop so low as to attempt to weaponize the rules of this respected browser game, Politics and War, against someone who fairly beat me in a fight for which I was unprepared.

Please enjoy being reported a second time for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff. Also for using moderation as a weapon.

Edited by MinesomeMC
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

On 11/13/2019 at 10:21 PM, dragonshardz said:

For the sake of the slower members of the class, this is a play on the term "Communist Party", with an emphasis on PARTY, because it's Communists partying.

Hi, I’d like to report this person for using ableist language

• Haha 6
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, ShadyAssassin said:

This looks like an instance of using Moderation as a Weapon. And we have seen a lot of instances of it happening now, especially from a top 10 alliance which recently signed Polaris and USN.

I would like the mods to pronounce a fair judgement so that such behaviour can be curbed completely.

Please enjoy being reported again for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

2 minutes ago, MinesomeMC said:

I wouldnt get too many in a set amount of time

Please enjoy being reported again for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

Just now, Di Vali said:

This is not how to report things on the forum. Please enjoy being reported again for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

Edited by dragonshardz
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

i2FSAiF.gif

Just now, Di Vali said:

Please enjoy being reported a millointh time for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nobody cares mate. And you're only making things worse for yourself when you're gonna report every single insult in existence. This is just a game. Who do you plan on complaining to in real life? Mommy? Daddy?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Hassan said:

Nobody cares mate. And you're only making things worse for yourself when you're gonna report every single insult in existence. This is just a game. Who do you plan on complaining to in real life? Mommy? Daddy?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Please enjoy being reported for reporting me.

2 minutes ago, dragonshardz said:

This is not how to report things on the forum. Please enjoy being reported again for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

Please enjoy being reported for trying to stop others from reporting.

Edited by Hassan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

Please enjoy being reported a millointh time for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

Please enjoy being reported again for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

1 minute ago, Hassan said:

Just now, MinesomeMC said:

Just now, Hassan said:

Please enjoy being reported for reporting me.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i2FSAiF.gif

2 minutes ago, dragonshardz said:

Please enjoy being reported again for posting in a No-Discussion Forum when you are not an involved party, providing evidence for either side, or a member of the Staff.

Please enjoy being reported for discussing a reportation in a non discussion thread

• Downvote 1