More GOONS Embargo Spam (Round 6)

Guest Zephyr

Nation Name: Builders League United
Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=180064
Violation: Harassment

2qr0OWQ.png

Harassment

Using in-game communication to flame, bait, troll, or otherwise harass other players will result in your nation receiving a strike, or in severe instances your account being banned.

Another GOONS member ended and installed an embargo in order to spam in-game notifications, apparently their campaign to harass me continues after I reported another member of theirs yesterday:

So the pattern has become obvious, you upset GOONS and they'll spam unnecessary in-game notifications to harass you. Let me guess, I can expect another 135 GOONS members to make unnecessary embargo spam for me yet? Can a mod advise if you'd like me to continue reporting each individual case in separate threads, or should I assume Alex will just review all of these together? This sub-forum could get busy.

As I explained in the very thread I pinged you in, at this very post I am linking right now, I was utilizing your nation to test a bug that I had observed.

As you can see here, I have very clear documented video evidence, along with my findings upon embargoing Alex. I apologize if you see this as spam, but I am positive that there is a bug here that needs sorted out, and as a software developer myself I know how important demonstration videos of bugs are for debugging issues from end users, especially if they aren't able to reproduce the issue on their end. A video can be the key to solving a mystery.

Reading the posts in the thread again, you claim you have blocked every single member of GOONS. I missed this the first time through that thread, and will append my post in that thread to clarify this new information. I can see how this would block the text locally for you, but there definitely seems to be a bug since I personally am not able to see my own embargo reasons.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

As you have replied to my bug reproduction post in the linked thread and we've come to a conclusion as to what the issue is, would you mind closing this report? After all, it is clear that this is merely a coincidence and not actually a situation of spam in the case of this embargo. I apologize for any hassle I've caused you, I merely wanted to reproduce a rather odd bug for Alex. :) No point in leaving the thread open now since we've sorted that out, just makes more work for the moderators and all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Blutarch Mann said:

As you have replied to my bug reproduction post in the linked thread and we've come to a conclusion as to what the issue is, would you mind closing this report? After all, it is clear that this is merely a coincidence and not actually a situation of spam in the case of this embargo. I apologize for any hassle I've caused you, I merely wanted to reproduce a rather odd bug for Alex. :) No point in leaving the thread open now since we've sorted that out, just makes more work for the moderators and all.

I am unconvinced that the issue you are having with the game is a 'bug' or that it excuses GOONS from cycling members to hit me with notification spam. The thread should remain.

Just now, Zephyr said:

I am unconvinced that the issue you are having with the game is a 'bug' or that it excuses GOONS from cycling members to hit me with notification spam. The thread should remain.

I am convinced that there is a bug. I believe that the embargo reasons are supposed to be staying intact at least for the embargoer, as evidenced by the fact that it displays as " ." exactly. There is clearly something funky going on here. I can't speak for my associates who have embargo'd you, but these two embargos were, as demonstrated on video, for demonstrating a known bug.

Additionally, I have reason to believe you are being illegitimate with your statements here. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you are being legitimate in your reports, but you've forced my hand by refusing to peacefully end this obvious falsehood of a thread.

You made this thread exactly six minutes after my original post where I pinged you with my video evidence to demonstrate what I believe to be a bug. You had plenty of time to read the thread and see the ping notification for being mentioned in a thread before making this. I believe you are merely wasting moderator time on a petty grudge. What petty grudge you ask? A petty grudge from me reporting an account for being an obvious multi-account owned by the same individual.

Your first embargo spam thread was posted at 8:44 PM on a Tuesday. This is exactly 42 minutes after I had posted the aformentioned report thread, located here.

You proceeded to, against the rules of the No-Discussion clause clearly listed in the subforum pins, defend that no rules violation had occurred, two hours after posting your first report against a GOONS member.

Perhaps this is all a coincidence, but for me to believe that would require you to believe that I am being honest in my statements here. And as you wish to not extend me that courtesy, I will not extend it to you.

And above all else? If I really wanted to harass you, why would I ping you and the game administrator with video evidence of my embargoing you? Do you take me for a fool? Do you think the moderators of this forum are daft? You and I both know that your sorry excuse for this thread is a sham.

Good day to you.

Oh, and one final point.

You've made zero attempts to contact any member of GOONS government about these in-game embargos whatsoever. This only adds to suspicions that you are not being honest with us, or the administrators as to why you are making these reports.

5 minutes ago, Blutarch Mann said:

I am convinced that there is a bug. I believe that the embargo reasons are supposed to be staying intact at least for the embargoer, as evidenced by the fact that it displays as " ." exactly. There is clearly something funky going on here. I can't speak for my associates who have embargo'd you, but these two embargos were, as demonstrated on video, for demonstrating a known bug.

But that's the issue isn't it, you're spamming notifications for embargoes you're unnecessarily reinstalling. You say it's to test an issue you are having with embargo reasons, but you also know you're targeting a player that does not want to be spammed and has in fact reported the issue on the forum. Why would a reasonable person do that if they know the targeted player is uncomfortable being spammed? It seems too convenient to dismiss your actions as 'oh, I was just testing something'. Yeah, you and the next 5 GOONS, all testing something? Specifically on me? How am I supposed to interpret this behaviour?

7 minutes ago, Blutarch Mann said:

Additionally, I have reason to believe you are being illegitimate with your statements here. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you are being legitimate in your reports, but you've forced my hand by refusing to peacefully end this obvious falsehood of a thread.

You made this thread exactly six minutes after my original post where I pinged you with my video evidence to demonstrate what I believe to be a bug. You had plenty of time to read the thread and see the ping notification for being mentioned in a thread before making this. I believe you are merely wasting moderator time on a petty grudge. What petty grudge you ask? A petty grudge from me reporting an account for being an obvious multi-account owned by the same individual.

Your first embargo spam thread was posted at 8:44 PM on a Tuesday. This is exactly 42 minutes after I had posted the aformentioned report thread, located here.

You proceeded to, against the rules of the No-Discussion clause clearly listed in the subforum pins, defend that no rules violation had occurred, two hours after posting your first report against a GOONS member.

I am not being illegitimate and have made a point of being honest in my approach to the game. I've played for over 2 and a half years and don't much appreciate you lobbing this accusation so casually, especially given that it appears to be wielded simply to discredit my character and dismiss the seriousness of my concerns raised by my report threads.

I haven't checked time/date stamps of my forum activity, but I guess it would make sense that anything I was planning to do on the forum that day would likely be done around the same time during the same session (though sometimes I get distracted with tasks and resume later). I think you're reading into the coincidences too much, it simply illustrates the times I was active on the forum.

Regarding the thread you made about a suspected multi, I responded because I believed your initial post did not contain adequate information and encouraged you to produce it to make a better case. I also explained some things regarding the way the multi rule has been interpreted previously by Alex, as well as the Discord issue. You are right that it's a no-discussion thread, but there are exceptions for other users to respond and I felt like my responses clarifying the rules and encouraging you to produce better evidence fell within the exception for assistance. I made two responses, but did not respond further because I'd exhausted the usefulness of my participation in the thread. I guess if a moderator disagrees with my participation in that thread, I will soon find out.

Also, why do you think I would care if you reported a multi? Are you implying I had something to do with it? It seems this section is mostly an attempt at character assassination to muddy this thread.

52 minutes ago, Blutarch Mann said:

Perhaps this is all a coincidence, but for me to believe that would require you to believe that I am being honest in my statements here. And as you wish to not extend me that courtesy, I will not extend it to you.

And above all else? If I really wanted to harass you, why would I ping you and the game administrator with video evidence of my embargoing you? Do you take me for a fool? Do you think the moderators of this forum are daft? You and I both know that your sorry excuse for this thread is a sham.

Good day to you.

Because I don't think you are being legitimate, I think you are trolling through feigned concern. Your actions and that of other GOONS support my case that your alliance is deliberately targeting me with unnecessary embargo notifications. Noted you have produced a thread where you describe concern about embargo reasons not being displayed, but I believe you are simply using it to excuse yourselves reinstalling embargoes and spamming me with notifications in order to harass me. Furthermore you do not argue in good faith, repeatedly GOONS members (including yourself, having produced a fresh one in another thread while I was typing this) have responded to report threads attempting to reframe my complaint as something that it is not. My complaint is specifically against the use of the embargo game feature to spam notifications to other players by unnecessarily reinstalling an existing embargo, but apparently GOONS are attempting to establish a narrative as simple as 'Zephyr thinks embargoing him is a violation of game rules'. Repeatedly I have rejected this simplification of the issue and produced plenty of counter points which you guys are careful to dance around while spouting off the same nonsense (specifically what the report is not about).

1 hour ago, Blutarch Mann said:

Oh, and one final point.

You've made zero attempts to contact any member of GOONS government about these in-game embargos whatsoever. This only adds to suspicions that you are not being honest with us, or the administrators as to why you are making these reports.

Why would I contact GOONS about the embargoes? I don't care if you embargo me or not, because again...that's not what the thread is about. Try reading it.

• Administrators

It appears that the notification spamming behavior has stopped; if it continues in the future let me know and I will issue strikes in-game against the offenders.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic