Vacation Mode & The Forums

Aksel

There is no solid arguement as far as I can see in favour of relating the forums to the status of a nation, seen as a ban here on the forums doesn't affect the game.

Edited by Daveth
  • Upvote 1

1766851229_Signature(3).png.67758028f91a00025c4519db1afddca6.png

6 hours ago, Mad Max said:

An actual discussion.

Mostly because I want to laugh at your posts, but I'd like to see some solid argument as to why it would be appropriate to essentially suspend someone from posting because their nation is in vacation mode.

My stance: 0 Fricks

On paper, it's not terrible.  In practice, you get a lot of trolls.

We've seen it happen from time and time again.  People go in VM, troll the boards, go silent, then go back into activity after people have forgotten.

(Don't take this reply as me wanting to suspend people from posting.  It's just explaining it.)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've never gone into VM until this war, and I've stayed relatively quiet until recently on the forums because of it. However, and this is my selfish take, I am in VM because this game has become toxic and I no longer find it fun because of this war. I've dedicated a lot of time to this game, building my nation and relationships, so I am invested in giving it my best shot to try and make it fun again before I delete permanently. The only way to do that is to engage on the forums.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

I'm only going to vm now because this is totes def the first time the game has been toxic and not because I'm a sore loser

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Guest Curufinwe
2 hours ago, Hodor said:

I've never gone into VM until this war, and I've stayed relatively quiet until recently on the forums because of it. However, and this is my selfish take, I am in VM because this game has become toxic and I no longer find it fun because of this war. I've dedicated a lot of time to this game, building my nation and relationships, so I am invested in giving it my best shot to try and make it fun again before I delete permanently. The only way to do that is to engage on the forums.

TLDR:

10 minutes ago, Smith said:

Hodor: I am cynical about the game but hope it could one day be less toxic. A fleeting dream, but one I yet hold onto

Malal: lol ur mom fat

Your side of the game has been super toxic since day 1 and driven out large numbers of people who didn't want to deal with you. It's a big part of the reason that very few people from our side of the game use the owf; because we got sick and tired of you years ago. You're only complaining about toxicity now because you got completly stomped in a war and want to rail against us and the only way you know how is to !@#$ and moan on the OWF.

• Upvote 4

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Guest Curufinwe
1 hour ago, Smith said:

Big talk from an alliance that shields their membership from the OWF ?

Actually, every new BK member is required to register on the OWF as part of our orientation program and that requirement has been in place since late 2016.  Many people don't post (or read it regularly) but we certainly don't hide its existence from them ?

1 minute ago, Malal said:

Your side of the game has been super toxic since day 1 and driven out large numbers of people who didn't want to deal with you. It's a big part of the reason that very few people from our side of the game use the owf; because we got sick and tired of you years ago. You're only complaining about toxicity now because you got completly stomped in a war and want to rail against us and the only way you know how is to !@#$ and moan on the OWF.

You're right, the best thing to do after suffering from toxicity is to be as toxic as possible yourself.

I'd also argue there are different kinds of toxicity. Before this there was a never a war where the opposing side so clearly was trying to drag the war out as long as possible in an effort to bully as many people from the game as possible.  

Just now, Curufinwe said:

Actually, every new BK member is required to register on the OWF as part of our orientation program and that requirement has been in place since late 2016.  Many people don't post (or read it regularly) but we certainly don't hide its existence from them ?

Oh really? That's actually a good program/idea. Might have to suggest that for ourselves. 

• Downvote 1

C0r3Fye.png

Forum Fighters approve the current situation, we encourage the use of the forum even in vacation mode because forums are love, forums are life

Forum Fighters aslo agree that Malal's mom is very fat

45 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

So you can orientate their votes at the end of the year even on things they never heard of :awesome:

1 hour ago, Smith said:

You're right, the best thing to do after suffering from toxicity is to be as toxic as possible yourself.

I'd also argue there are different kinds of toxicity. Before this there was a never a war where the opposing side so clearly was trying to drag the war out as long as possible in an effort to bully as many people from the game as possible.  . 

If you think not offering white peace on the first round is bullying people out of the game then, again, you've been bullying us since day 1. Your side didn't want to even begin the surrender negotiations until this month and even now are litterally stalling lmfao. 

Daily reminder that when things get heated in the negotiations and we propse a 24hr break to cool down we're litterally shitler and killing the game. But when ketog/chaos/rose/etc. take 4 days to get back with us on a term it's our fault for giving them a term they don't like. Goddamn the spin is garbage and you should feel bad for attempting it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

14 minutes ago, Malal said:

If you think not offering white peace on the first round is bullying people out of the game then, again, you've been bullying us since day 1. Your side didn't want to even begin the surrender negotiations until this month and even now are litterally stalling lmfao. 

Daily reminder that when things get heated in the negotiations and we propse a 24hr break to cool down we're litterally shitler and killing the game. But when ketog/chaos/rose/etc. take 4 days to get back with us on a term it's our fault for giving them a term they don't like. Goddamn the spin is garbage and you should feel bad for attempting it.

The last time TKR was in a coalition that gave peace terms to IQ we simply asked for a surrender. If I remember correctly your side complained and then requested we add in a term saying you "fought hard". Here is a link: 

In those talks we also did not intentionally drag them out by proposing terms one at a time. We did it in a quick way like every other major war has seen before this one (at least since I've played).

What a coincidence you change the style of negotiations to a much slower format now after the war has already been dragging on for over 6 months. 

Edited by Smith
  • Upvote 5

C0r3Fye.png